ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

The interview is amazing

She says that honeymoon will be slow in the beginning, mid-up tempo beachy in the middle, and then back to slow songs! Interesting tbh I can't wait to hear the shifts between the sections

Tbh with the visual of shadows going across a woman's eyes I can kinda see MTWBT being slow, like it might not be sexy but perhaps more sensual? Either way though, I'm really curious to hear this song!

Also I love the idea of the album getting "grimier" in the middle, and "mid-to-high-tempo" songs in the middle too! and I like that she felt she could be playful with this album!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I've been listening to the original Yayo and I just love it how it delivers viscerally so well, the music and the lyrics communicate the sense of sadness so strongly. I think the main reason the tracks from Honeymoon haven't really appealed to me 100% is that their music and lyrics combination just don't make me feel that much. TLY and Honeymoon are beautifully sung and have some really great lyrics but there's no magic between the lyrics and music like in Yayo or Dark Paradise or Video Games

I organized the list of the instruments

1 Honeymoon

05:50

Bass Guitar, Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Organ, Mellotron, Synthesizer, Drums, Drums

2 Music To Watch Boys To

04:51

Piano, Synthesizer, Guitar, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Drums, Percussion, Samples, Conga, Bass Guitar

3 Terrence Loves You

04:51

Guitar, Piano, Synthesize, Drums, Saxophone

4 God Knows I Tried

04:41

Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Mellotron, Synthesizer, Drums, Bass Guitar

5 High By The Beach

04:18

Organ, Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Drums, Synthesizer, Harmonium, Piano, Flute

6 Freak

04:55

Synthesizer, Electric Guitar, Drums, Bass Guitar, Percussion, Saxophone, Sound Effects

7 Art Deco

04:55

Bass Guitar, Mellotron, Percussion, Drums, Synthesizer, Strings, Piano, Saxophone, Percussion

8 Burnt Norton (Interlude)

01:22

Voice: Lana Del Rey - Music Production: Keefus Ciancia - Producer: Kieron Menzies - Producer: Lana Del Rey - Producer: Rick Nowels

9 Religion

05:23

Bass Guitar, Mellotron, Synthesizer, Drums, Strings, Piano, Sound Effects, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar

10 Salvatore

04:41

Bass Guitar, Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Mellotron, Synthesizer Programming, Strings, Electric Guitar, Drums & Percussion

11 The Blackest Day

06:05

Organ, Synthesizer, Drums, Samples, Bass Guitar, Strings, Piano, Sound Effects, Electric Guitar

12 24

04:56

Synthesizer, Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Mellotron, Piano, Electric Guitar, Drums, Percussion, Strings, Horn

13 Swan Song

05:23

Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Organ, Horn, Strings, Sound Effects, Percussion, Drum Programming, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Drums

14 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

03:02

Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Mellotron, Synthesizer, Drums & Percussion, Strings, Sound Effects

So what's your most expected song based on this info?

I've been listening to the original Yayo and I just love it how it delivers viscerally so well, the music and the lyrics communicate the sense of sadness so strongly. I think the main reason the tracks from Honeymoon haven't really appealed to me 100% is that their music and lyrics combination just don't make me feel that much. TLY and Honeymoon are beautifully sung and have some really great lyrics but there's no magic between the lyrics and music like in Yayo or Dark Paradise or Video Games

dark paradise?  :deadbanana:

I don't want Honeymoon to be released but at the same time I want it to leak so we can hear it already. I want to see if this is really going to flop.

Anyways. 500 pages!!! :party: :party: :party: izI7RLH.gif

Remember when I said this thread was a mess when it was at 375 pages or something? Well now it's just 500 pages of shit! (literally) The UV pre-release thread could never. XY6w3hh.gif

I JUST COULDN'T STOP FROM DOING THE SHIT JOKE I'M SORRY

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

(9 ish months and 501 pages later, we still ain't got the album and we've exhausted every alley so we've moved on critiquing people's bodies.)

So from what people are saying it looks like the album is a sort off bell curve in terms of tempo.

CJjib6A.jpg