ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Hahaha well she doesn't need to be sad, it could be a happy/sad theme alá Honeymoon, and yeah she seemed the happiest with Ultraviolence, I think those also were the best visuals (not music videos) Like all the magazines had this fking great retro 60's style of Lana photoshoots when UV was released.

I actually think she's MUCH more happy now... Idk. She's in stable relationship, she did the album she wanted exactly, and the fact that she does promo even though it's messy af and especially the fact that PRECISELY she's not as BLATANTLY vocal about how she loves the record feels like she isn't forcing herself, she's sure of what she's doing and she knows it's her best piece of work yet. Visually, to me nothing beats the rock chick with smoky eyeshadow from UV, even the iconic white T haunts my dreams. Uv era visuals are forever goals. I find HM more vintage, but in a very different, more mature, less badass but more assured way.

ZKcaooE.png

What songs are the lows??

I swear if you say Without You, I will scream

Lolita - such a wonderful topic to process and the result gives me such a second-hand cheesy embarrassment

This is What Makes Us Girls - I cant relate to this song probably because Im not 14 y o girl who feels like the boss of the world

Diet Mountain Dew - the most uninspired song Lana has ever recorded - vocally, lyrically and production-wise

Not a fan of Dark Paradise, Million Dollar Man, Carmen as well

On BTD Lana sounds so tied up. On UV and Honeymoon she shows tremendously bigger creative input. Her songwriting is more complex and honest. She uses the full range of her vocals and do these vocal scatting games. She actually co-produces the album and care about every little thing that comes with her music. BTD seems a bit manufactured in compare. At some point it feels more like Emile Haynie ft. LDR and I suspect that these fans who like only BTD out of her whole discography actually stan for Emile and not for Lana as an artist. Almost everybody (adult) that hadnt known Lana before and I played them UV, they fell in love with songs like West Coast, Cruel World or Shades of Cool. I wouldnt dare play them Born to Die - probably, because I would feel a bit embarrassed at some songs. 

Faves: God Knows I Tried (don't throw stones at me or anything, this song is SO emotional for me), Art Deco, Religion, Swan Song, Terrence Loves You

Least Faves: HBTB (didn't like it when it first came out and still don't), Salvatore, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

I wasn't even excited for Swan Song but it came out of nowhere and scalped me :deadbanana: These are all bound to change with more listens though...

Right now it's HM=UV>>BTD>>P for me..

I LOVE Honeymoon's production. Production-wise, it's my favorite Lana album next to Born to Die.. It's just so pleasing to listen to.  However, Ultraviolence is so cohesive and I identify with the mood of that album so much, it feels like it tells a complete story from beginning to end and I love it. Honeymoon seems slightly less cohesive concept-wise, which isn't a problem, this was just one of the reasons I adore UV so much. So for these reasons, I don't think I can rank HM above UV or vise versa. HM for its production, UV for its dark vibe and the way I personally connect with it.

Wow I feel exactly the same, thank you for saying it this well. I actually interestingly feel that UV is much more cohesive, UV was so violent, in-tha-face in terms of concept, but to me it's obvious that HM is just a story, with a beginning and an end and a distinct progression, which I don't felt that much in UV, which is more like peaks of intense emotions varying on similar themes.

ZKcaooE.png

Okay! I honestly think Honeymoon, the title track, is still the stand out on this album. It's so orchestral, the harmonies are gorgeous and the vocals are 100% on point. I know it's being overlooked since we've had it the longest but when I play the album as a whole, it becomes really clear how the track encapsulates everything that the record is.

Honeymoon > Music to Watch Boys to > God Knows I Tried > Art Deco = Freak > The Blackest Day > Salvatore > everything else > Terrence Loves You

VyIsfwC.jpg

i want her to take a break from music and then make a huge comeback with a 1960s new wave album

is that really a thing?

Since UV was basically the biggest sarcastic exaggeration of the depressed girl persona, I think she should do this upbeat percussion heavy record so people are just like wtf is this

BzhmW.png

I actually think she's MUCH more happy now... Idk. She's in stable relationship, she did the album she wanted exactly, and the fact that she does promo even though it's messy af and especially the fact that PRECISELY she's not as BLATANTLY vocal about how she loves the record feels like she isn't forcing herself, she's sure of what she's doing and she knows it's her best piece of work yet. Visually, to me nothing beats the rock chick with smoky eyeshadow from UV, even the iconic white T haunts my dreams. Uv era visuals are forever goals. I find HM more vintage, but in a very different, more mature, less badass but more assured way.

The West Coast single cover>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.*10000000000>>> existence

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

is that really a thing?

Since UV was basically the biggest sarcastic exaggeration of the depressed girl persona, I think she should do this upbeat percussion heavy record so people are just like wtf is this

i didnt calculate my timing well, i meant 1970s new wave

So after playing HM like 3 times through I went back and listened to UV, and damn..... UV just has something special to it. Like I love honeymoon don't get me wrong but I think it'll be hard for HM to actually be as magical as Ultraviolence for me

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Terrence Loves You > The Blackest Day = Swan Song > Freak = Art Deco > Religion = God Knows I Tried > High by the Beach > Salvatore > Music to Watch Boys To > Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood > Honeymoon > 24

I love every song, tbh.