ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Wishful thinking for fans i think- on her "being far more active this HM era." 

I don't see Lana getting far more active anytime soon, as that would be a 180 on her personality.

Like she said in an interview about the label(s), "thats your ambitions not mine"..

its hard to change like that, but who knows? we'll see i guess.. time will tell..

i understand the business of it too though, but i dont see her doing anything, she 100% doesnt want to do..

which is cool for me..she doesn't have to sell 10Billion for Interscope..

http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/85763?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=lanadelrey

So Haynie is doing the majority of the production? Hmm...I was hoping she would work primarily with Ronson.

This isn't good news, IMO. This album is very important for her trajectory as an artist and she needed to try something new, but she's decided to go back to work with Haynie who couldn't diversify his sound to save his life. I remember she said she wasn't crazy about the production on BTD...I wonder if the label is pressuring this to repeat the commercial success.

http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/85763?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=lanadelrey

So Haynie is doing the majority of the production? Hmm...I was hoping she would work primarily with Ronson.

This isn't good news, IMO. This album is very important for her trajectory as an artist and she needed to try something new, but she's decided to go back to work with Haynie who couldn't diversify his sound to save his life. I remember she said she wasn't crazy about the production on BTD...I wonder if the label is pressuring this to repeat the commercial success.

This doesnt mean she's fully working with emile lol. Like it could be with heath and ronson. 

This doesnt mean she's fully working with emile lol. Like it could be with heath and ronson.

True, but it feels like he will be the main producer. Hopefully, it's split with Mark.

I'm seriously lowering expectations in case we're getting a watered down version of BTD instead of the jazzy album we all want. :toofunny:

So Haynie is doing the majority of the production?

This isn't good news, IMO. This album is very important for her trajectory as an artist and she needed to try something new, but she's decided to go back to work with Haynie who couldn't diversify his sound to save his life.

:icant: My nightmare is that HM will be a regression of Lana's sound. I will be disappointed if HM turns out to be BTD 2.0. All artists need to keep moving and developing their sound.

Auerbach not being on it has pretty much destroyed my dreams for sick guitar solos. :sadcore6:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

:icant: My nightmare is that HM will be a regression of Lana's sound. I will be disappointed if HM turns out to be BTD 2.0. All artists need to keep moving and developing their sound.

Auerbach not being on it has pretty much destroyed my dreams for sick guitar solos. :sadcore6:

I pretty much assumed him being a producer on a Lana's album was a one time thing tbh, he has his own projects, unlike a producer. 

I pretty much assumed him being a producer on a Lana's album was a one time thing tbh, he has his own projects, unlike a producer.

I hoped for maybe one or two songs that might fit in with the rest of the album, but always knew that it was very unlikely. Not delighted with Haynie's production - some tracks are great but they all sound the same. He over-samples as well, eg on Blue Jeans when he samples the shout literally every few seconds and he overuses certain effects far too much. One of the main criticisms of BTD was that the production sometimes went too far and was too overproduced (Dark Paradise, MDM). I prefer Auerbach as a producer because all the songs sounded different and unique but were cohesive sonically.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I hoped for maybe one or two songs that might fit in with the rest of the album, but always knew that it was very unlikely. Not delighted with Haynie's production - some tracks are great but they all sound the same. He over-samples as well, eg on Blue Jeans when he samples the shout literally every few seconds and he overuses certain effects far too much. One of the main criticisms of BTD was that the production sometimes went too far and was too overproduced (Dark Paradise, MDM). I prefer Auerbach as a producer because all the songs sounded different and unique but were cohesive sonically.

Yeah, Auerbach is better but oh well. Haynie can be good tho i mean his work on LP1 by twigs is great and in some songs you cant hear him being the producer, only on Two Weeks with the samples

Oh no, I hope this doesn#t mean we get BtD 2-0.

Emile has PROVED that he is only capable of ONE sound with his own record and his production for The Neighborhood. I really LOVE Born To Die, but nah, I don't want a second record full of MJ-samples, string walls and Loons.

And Dan Heath .. not really pleasuring aswell. He's not a bad producer, but having him on moret han one song could get veeery boooring really quick.

I hope Ronson had a big impact on the record and thet Lana knew what she wanted.

I'd also love to see Rick Nowels and Blake Stranathan Songs  again ....

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

said: "I think [Lana] went back and is working with her old producer".

Notice the word "think." Hopefully that means he doesn't know for sure. After all why would he know exactly who was producing it if he has no involvement himself. Even if Lana told him, she probably told him near the start of honeymoon and we know from Utraviolence how much a Lana album can change from the start to the end.

Also I don't like how the article makes it out as though there is animosity between the two.

Oh no, I hope this doesn#t mean we get BtD 2-0.

Emile has PROVED that he is only capable of ONE sound with his own record and his production for The Neighborhood. I really LOVE Born To Die, but nah, I don't want a second record full of MJ-samples, string walls and Loons.

And Dan Heath .. not really pleasuring aswell. He's not a bad producer, but having him on moret han one song could get veeery boooring really quick.

I hope Ronson had a big impact on the record and thet Lana knew what she wanted.

I'd also love to see Rick Nowels and Blake Stranathan Songs  again ....

thats obvioulsy happening lol, he's been involved in everything lately 

Yall a mess yall overreacting too much I hope Iggy Azalea and Meghan Trainor get featurings on Honeymoon the third album fully produced by Max Martin and the lead single samples Taylor Swift's Love Story.

zyizfuB.gif

True, but it feels like he will be the main producer. Hopefully, it's split with Mark.

I'm seriously lowering expectations in case we're getting a watered down version of BTD instead of the jazzy album we all want. :toofunny:

I'd rather have a reimagined (not watered down) BTD 2.0 than a jazz album