ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

You see, there are two kinds of promo:

Interesting one, which consists of video/music snippets, new songs, new photoshoots, album covers, tracklists, radio or TV interviews/ performances, music videos and live premieres

And then there are pointless/awkward selfies, information about the staff when we haven't even got a glimpse on something they produced, information on non interesting staff members. Oh, and stuff that won't be released either way or at least not very soon.

All of this background stuff becomes interesting after you saw anything from the final product.

Since Lana's only really fond of the second kind of promo, it's understandable that all the fans who love her because of her music are disappointed so far.

Only the delusional "I care for Lana as a person even though I don't know her"-, the "I can wait and pretend I enjoy every unnececary news on her"- and the "Lana doesn't need to do promo brcause she's so special"-fans enjoy this boring stuff.

Lana should get her sh*t together and start to do something non-tryhard-nstagram-hipster.

But do you really think that's the ONLY promo she's doing for the album? I don't even think the era has begun. We know it's 'alive and breathing', but there's nothing really to promo yet. Is she supposed to perform on a late night show when there's no single and no album to promote as of now? As I've said before, the snippets do not make us entitled to get new music right this second.

Also, I don't think the instagram is try-hard at all. I think it's just something fun she's doing on the side and honestly, I welcome the little bts posts and extra selfies as opposed to her usual absence. Who cares if she posts 100 selfies a day and 50 pictures of her staff? In the long run, it's not going to make the music come out any faster, so why don't people just chill out and enjoy the fact that she cares enough to even show us these things.

And I do care about Lana beyond the music. I think she's interesting and that's why I like interviews and instagram posts and, no, I don't think that makes me delusional at all. I wouldn't spend 5 of my paychecks and travel to see her if I only liked her for her music. 

Glad the board came back this time quicker than a few weeks ago...anyhow-

Aside from song videos I know I don't need any promo at all. I am buying the album the day it comes out, in every single format and in every store where there is something added specific to that store.

Download included. Spotify, apple, etc.

Promo doesn't get me to buy something I already am buying.  (I can see why other artists need it, as I am not buying them unless they sell me something I want.)

And my word of mouth will tell others and hopefully they will pick it up if they want to.

Went to six shows recently, will go next year.

So, why do we need promo?

I like the selfies she puts up, both the natural shots, and the message clue shots.

I think we all might have mistaken the instagram with the dog. If the stories about some one breaking into her house, that would coincide with the dog, so I think that was a sign that

it was a guard dog, and telling those to not get in her personal space.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Glad the board came back this time quicker than a few weeks ago...anyhow-

Aside from song videos I know I don't need any promo at all. I am buying the album the day it comes out, in every single format and in every store where there is something added specific to that store.

Download included. Spotify, apple, etc.

Promo doesn't get me to buy something I already am buying.  (I can see why other artists need it, as I am not buying them unless they sell me something I want.)

And my word of mouth will tell others and hopefully they will pick it up if they want to.

Went to six shows recently, will go next year.

So, why do we need promo?

I like the selfies she puts up, both the natural shots, and the message clue shots.

I think we all might have mistaken the instagram with the dog. If the stories about some one breaking into her house, that would coincide with the dog, so I think that was a sign that

it was a guard dog, and telling those to not get in her personal space.

Firstly, I am afraid to tell you this, but you are not the centre of the universe. Sorry. Just because you will buy HM regardless of promo, honestly, means nothing in the grand scheme of things. You are one amongst billions upon billions; in reality, it doesn't make much of a difference if you buy it or not. Furthermore, there's only so many people you can inform of about the album. You will not be able to inform millions of people to buy the album; Lana needs millions to be aware of it.

Promo is completely essential to an artist. There is no other argument for it. Unless you're somebody like Beyonce, who is able to get an album to sell simply through word of mouth as opposed to traditional promo, there's no way you can expect to be a successful artist. Of course, sales are not everything, but music is indeed another form of commerce and sales are indeed important because of this. Lana cannot expect to be an artist and not promote her work. It just doesn't work like that.

Also I'm pretty sure you're reading wayyyy too much into the instagram photos, I honestly don't believe there's any secret message behind them except her aesthetic preferences.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i wonder what lanas waiting for!!! if the album comes out in september and shes missed all the good promo she couldve done with apple music then what is she waiting for? i need photoshoots and an album cover!!! i dont even know the artistic direction for this album!! all we got is a pic of a fucking $20 shoe my grandma would wear!!

Ultraviolence went #1 with no US TV and almost no promo and went Gold.

Went to #1.

and the head of her record company thought enough of her to feature her on his cover on Billboard. (along with Kanye West). He could have picked three dozen other label people, but Lana was chosen.

Why would I want Lana to be Beyoncé? Beyoncé is already Beyoncé, and its a totally different market for Beyoncé. Doesn't affect Lana at all, nor did the other 25 that are like Beyoncé but none of which are Lana.

And for her to sit through inane morning and late night talk shows, where the hosts make themselves the news (Can you picture Kelly Ripa actually caring about who she interviews? Next time will be the first.)

People are not doing promo in 2015 that they did 10 years ago.

It's not much of a prediction to think Honeymoon will debut at either #1 or #2

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

People make UV's sales worse than they seem. 1mil is not bad, but compared to BTD's 5 million you could say it's not that good. But she will never top BTD's sales. There was so much hype revolving around the release of BTD that she can't recreate, all the controversy of her authenticity, SNL(bad publicity is STILL publicity) and no one out there at the time really had the same sound. Now a lot of people kind of "copied" or adopted her sound (hi Sam smith! and others)

Demos_copy.png

People make UV's sales worse than they seem. 1mil is not bad, but compared to BTD's 5 million you could say it's not that good. But she will never top BTD's sales. There was so much hype revolving around the release of BTD that she can't recreate, all the controversy of her authenticity, SNL(bad publicity is STILL publicity) and no one out there at the time really had the same sound. Now a lot of people kind of "copied" or adopted her sound (hi Sam smith! and others)

this is not true. she actually cared during btd, at least in europe. she shot amazing videos, cared about her style, her image, etc. UV bombed for several reasons: no interest in europe since she has obviously given up on the european market and only cares about the states. radio supported lana big time in europe during btd, no songs on uv were radio friendly. her videos sucked, she didn't care about her image anymore, etc etc. And she cancelled everything for no reason, even without an excuse or one that arrived in time. and when she was there, she only served dead eyes and boredom on stage like at glasto. 

people have moved on. a number one album is nothing these days. she has only herself to blame for having great material but no will to showcase it.

Interscope doesn't even care to post anything related to that IG honeymoon account. It's clear she is doing all promo by herself right now because she believes in this project and her music, we don't know what happened with the release date (maybe her label decided to postpone the release).  I'm happy she at least is teasing us with some details of the album because is obvious not her fault  - she seems happy and proud of it.

Interscope doesn't even care to post anything related to that IG honeymoon account. It's clear she is doing all promo by herself right now because she believes in this project and her music, we don't know what happened with the release date (maybe her label decided to postpone the release). I'm happy she at least is teasing us with some details of the album because is obvious not her fault - she seems happy and proud of it.

What are they going to post about an Instagram account though. :toofunny: The label is there to book appearances, shows, interviews, magazine covers, etc... not to tell people to go follow an Instagram account. :toofunny: what would they do? Pay for TV/YouTube ads asking people to follow an Instagram account?? In my opinion, the account is more of an inside look to the project/album, for the fans and people interested. She's not thinking she's doing promo with it. It's not fair to always blame the label when all they want is $$$ and they of course would make her promote the material so they could cash in more money. It would be good to blame the label if her artistry got compromised or smth like that and she gave us a shitty album w Katy Perry left overs but happily for us and Lana, that's not the case.

@@leaked_version_vision---imagine, another negative post from leaked_vision.

Yeah, because a #1 album and a gold record is a bomb. Yeah, and say it a million times and it still is not true

A #1 album and gold in an age when no one buys records anymore is actually the same thing as a 10 million sold record years ago.

Remember too that some of Paradise's sales were considered Born to Die

hey leaked-vision- if a #1 ain't important, why did it mean so much that Sam Smith never got to #1 then and still now.

Not to mention, if it wasn't important, then why a few weeks ago did James Taylor celebrate that after 45 years of releasing records, he finally got his first #1?

and my post might have been misinterpreted above- I was referring to the fact that no one on this board needs any promo at all for Honeymoon, because every single person here knows it is coming out.

Those who are fans will purchase it, while those who are not won't purchase it, and will they did purchase it and it sucks.

Reminds me of reading comments on youtubes or other places- why do people waste their time posting negative comments on someones youtube when they instead could be listening to someone they actually like

1. Question of taste, but they have nothing to do with the album so their presence on the HM page is pointless.

2. If being a "diehard fan" means you are telling yourself you love someone you don't know, ok pls go. In the end we all are fans of her as an artist, just because some people go one step further and enter the mindless-teeny-groupie mode and make themselves believe they have feelings they can't actually have, that doesn't make them become better fans. Maybe more annoying ones, but that's it

3. Yeah, it's all we got and it's still not interesting at all. It's like talking about the cameramen of a movie instead of releasing a trailer.

I love it when you rant like this daddy :hawt:

ZmJh1LG.jpg