ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I hope there's a box set but I hope there isn't because it's going to be expensive  :creep:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

TLY info 

But I lost myself when I lost you,
And I still got jazz when I've got those blues,
And I lost myself myself when I lost you,
And I still get trashed, darling, when I hear your tunes

This is seriously an incredible song. It's like Honeymoon meets Bel Air, far more positive than the former though. There's also guitar plucks reminiscent of Blue Jeans at parts, although the songs are hardly similar aside from that. The lyrics above are from the chorus. 

The bridge is similar to Honeymoon with marching drums but far less of them. The vocal layering is absolutely beautiful though. She also sings 'Ground Control to Major Tom' at one stage, which I thought was a beautiful touch. 

The jazz inspiration is very light and airy, so no one will be swinging to this. I get Hollywood melody in the verses by the way, if anyone wanted to know what the melodies sounded like. 

Overall for me:

Terrance Loves You > High By the Beach > Honeymoon, however I think most of y'all will prefer HBTB. You'll like this more than Honeymoon though, for sure. It's absolutely ****ing beautiful.

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

I can't find the artwork that everybody is talking about :(

It looks like it got removed from twitter... I can't find it either

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

TLY info 

Amazing!

Do you have it, or if you know someone who has it, what previous song is it like?Like is it Dark Paradise 2.0. or something like that, or is it very different from things she did previously? Is her vocal delivery good?