ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Don't come for this iconic cover art. remember our girl LANA loves elementary school computer lesson assignment ??

that "official" honeymoon cover is as iconic as a powerpoint i made in 6th grade :judgingu:

Since when is Lana a lyrical genius or something lol Her lyrics are usually not the greatest, but she has the whole package, image, sound and lyrics 

PLUS stop judging songs without hearing them first, we have been on the same shit a lot of times, specially with Ultraviolence, when we got SOC lyrics and everyone trashed them, now its almost a fan favorite. 

Didn't someone here say that Honeymoon is a less personal album and more about her observations about other people/stuff? That cover would make sense then, she's not in the focus but is just an observer

what confuses me is that she does that a lot in UV too, with Shades of Cool where its all about how cool he is, Black beauty about how sad he is, and guns and roses about how he loves guns and roses

plus Don't let me be misunderstood seems to be personal and about her

If Terrence is the photographer, then the title is sarcastic and can be taken the opposite-

like if Terrence were the guy in the copter

Terence may love her, but she don't love Terrence

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

that "official" honeymoon cover is as iconic as a powerpoint i made in 6th grade :judgingu:

YAAAASSSS! GET THOSE NOSTALGIA SENSATIONS! AN AUTHENTIC FUTURO-RETRO EXPERIENCE!  :creep:

Anyways, the descriptions sound promising and i'm sure LANA will definitely serve sonically... (let's pray for the album cover art)

giphy.gif

Since when is Lana a lyrical genius or something lol Her lyrics are usually not the greatest, but she has the whole package, image, sound and lyrics 

You know what I mean

YAAAASSSS! GET THOSE NOSTALGIA SENSATIONS! AN AUTHENTIC FUTURO-RETRO EXPERIENCE!

OMGGG  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

You know what I mean

I know what you mean but i don't get why yall complain about lyrics when we know how is Lana's songwriting, and we havent heard the song yet so why judge it, it really depends on how is her vocal delivery and the production of it. 

@

The song Don't let me be misunderstood, was written specific at the time for Nina Simone

but has as many reasons and interpretations as Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah (his meaning is it is an analogy for an orgasm, a rapturous orgasm)

But it's a cover and a song that had 3 versions of it

Nina's was a soulful jazzy blues original

The Animals did a rock version

later Santa Esmeralda had a disco version and was a major disco era hit

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp