ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Caved and listened... I'm not disappointed, it's certainly going to tithe me over until the next release, and of course I haven't heard it in HQ (even from the LQ recordings the production is demonstrably beautiful), but none of the songs apart from The Blackest Day really grabbed me. This is subject to change though, it may very well be a grower of an album, it's just that her previous records were always immediate to me, particularly in a melodic sense, whereas with these, whilst sounding beautiful, come and then are gone. It's alarming how the bulk of the album seems to be filler. The most consistently good parts of the songs are the bridges, I kinda wish they had been used as the verses, which as they are are very monotone. I'm not gonna listen again until we get HQ though. PS Salvatore was a complete let-down, y'all hyped me something awful!

favourite songs as of now:

-MTWBT

-Blackest Day

Am I the only one who waits until September 18th?

Leaks suck...

Shut up. Shut the fuck up. Tbh. I knew we were gonna have a couple of these this era.

Definitely agree that 24 has the Bond theme vibe! It's very suave and I can so imagine like silhouttes of men in suits and guns and dancing women while the song plays!

And also, definitely feel like Art Deco is a continuation in some way of Carmen, someone else mentioned this before but I can't remember who, but I really feel echoes of Carmen in Art Deco (as in the character not the sound)

I mentioned it. lol :D

I love Salvatore, but I don't know how to feel about the soft ice cream part tho  :pft:

I feel like it went with the whole food theme. She has cacciatore which is an italian dish. Then she has some ice cream, for her american side.

what do you not like about salvatore? (disclaimer: this ain't an attack i'm curious)

I do like it, the chorus is lovely and the best part of the song it's just unfortunate (and my own fault really for lurking before listening ) that I had a completely different expectation for the song, it's much slower than I thought it would be and so many people were like "career highlight!" The only song I really disliked was Art Deco, utterly forgettable to me! (INB4 the HQ slays me lel)

I feel like it went with the whole food theme. She has cacciatore which is an italian dish. Then she has some ice cream, for her american side.

I haven't heard the Cacciatore part before, no sounds way better haha

8nl2OpX.png

Also I really enjoy Freak, but the one thing that reeeeally annoys me is the "too" in "like me too", it's redundant because she's already said "like" to infer the meaning, plus it would rhyme with "leave" and "freak" better and thus sound less clumsy. Only proper criticism of that song I have though, I'm such a grammar nazi.

Also I really enjoy Freak, but the one thing that reeeeally annoys me is the "too" in "like me too", it's redundant because she's already said "like" to infer the meaning, plus it would rhyme with "leave" and "freak" better and thus sound less clumsy. Only proper criticism of that song I have though, I'm such a grammar nazi.

That bothers you, but not "stranger than a stranger?" :rip:

I think the bridges are the best on every song (only judging the released songs).

The Verses are great and sad but the melody is missing. Same with the chorus.

Mfhp.gif

I guess it's what she planned to do at first, but if you just sing "like me", there's obviously something missing, so she needed that extra word

Don't forget that she is a producer for this album (completely) so, if u dont like part of the production it may be her fault lol, but let's not judge anything cause we dont have it in HQ and the instrumentals get lost. 

I guess it's what she planned to do at first, but if you just sing "like me", there's obviously something missing, so she needed that extra word

I think so too, if I had been in the studio I would have just suggested following it up with an extra word or line to rhyme with the "too", like "dark blue"   :creep:

Don't forget that she is a producer for this album (completely) so, if u dont like part of the production it may be her fault lol, but let's not judge anything cause we dont have it in HQ and the instrumentals get lost. 

I wonder how big of a role she played in the production. I feel like she actually was decently involved? She said she her ideas would always clash with producers so it would make sense she wanted to produce

Demos_copy.png