ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Just a thought after listening the LQ recordings once: If this album flops it's because of their poor single choices.

I seriously want to know who decides what singles to pick.... like what are they doing 

They should have hired me to pick singles  :toofunny:

I just listened half of Freak and it's awesome, I love the beats and the vocals, I don't wanna listen to the LQ recordings because I want my first listen to be in full Mastered 4 iTunes 256kbps quality :toofunny: The booklet is very pretty! My favorite so far, loving the color scheme, the one as my avatar is absolutely stunning. 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

Guys, album tracks will always be better than singles. Stop lmao. Born to Die is the only exception... the singles are without a doubt the best songs on the album.

ya'll are pressed about the singles.. but i would have been disappointed if the rest of the record fell short compared to singles.... like to wait for a record to come out just to find out that its all not /as/ good as the singles... would be sad. 

i think she chose some strong songs, that really gave us a good idea of how the record is gonna sound, without giving it all away!

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I don't really get what's the visual universe and the imagery for this one : BTD used very popular pop figures from a large variety of vintagy/Tumblr-like icons, UV merged with a real finesse some jazz references like Chet Baker with 70s/60s rock bands in a whole Californian/hazy feeling (even her photoshoots for mags around this time had her dressed up in these grunge attires). But this one is a little bit all over the place : Italian cheesy soft ice cream ( :hooker:) ​godfather ints, jazzy songs, 50s exotica, gospel, trap beats, Bob Dylan... I get that in most part she's mixing a lot of diverse 50s influences with a modern sound, but idk.

I was actually reflecting on that a few hours ago. I was thinking that maybe for tge vids she'll do different looks because of all the changes in her songs (even tho they're all slow), kinda like with all the magazines we've got so far (V magazine & others), she'll change her outfit. For example, west coast and the UV video, they all are from this rocky era but Lana didn't wear the same look... For touring I guess we'll get more dresses like the ones from the last tour (kms)

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Imagine music videos for The Blackest Day, Freak, Art Deco, Religion :defeated:

We got six videos for Born to Die....please, Lana. Don't pay this era dust.

Well HBTB's video was disappointing to say the least, let's pray for a nice MTWBT video and see what happens from there.

Although I don't really have big music video expectations, she seems so uninspired visually :ohno:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Some of my Ratings:

HONEYMOON: 3/5

MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO: 4/5

TERRENCE LOVES YOU: 5/5

HIGH BY THE BEACH: 5/5

BURNT NORTON: 5/5

I'm excited for the rest

Mfhp.gif