ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Can't you wait 5 more days to have the album? You've waited a year for this, I know you can wait 5 more days.

It's why it's so hard. We're close, but we're not. It's pain definition.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Can't you wait 5 more days to have the album? You've waited a year for this, I know you can wait 5 more days.

I mean a lot of us chose to listen in MQ so we already know everything, so we're listening regardless, it wouldn't make any sense for us not to want it in better quality w clearer audio

Id like to read some reviews of the álbum

I'll just give my opinion of the unreleased songs. I'm far from a music critic, just letting you know. 

God Knows I Tried - 9/10 I like this one. It's calming, has an almost western sound to it. It sounds like a cowboy reliving their life or something.  

Freak - 9/10 This one is nice too, but is really pretty weak compared to the other trap influenced songs. In my opinion, it has the best bridge of the trappy songs.

Art Deco - 10/10 If you think Freak is sexy. this is fucking sexy. It's even slower than Freak, darker, super catchy, and most like BTD (samples "why"). One of my favorites. It's like a Carmen 2.0.

Religion - 10/10 My absolute favorite. I can't really describe it because the recording I have has freaking people talking about fedoras and Carmen Sandiego, but everything about it is beautiful. It's a shame because I think it's a bit underrated. The chorus is super catchy, and the way she says Hallelujah is absolutely orgasmic. I love the lyrics. Reminds me of a BTD/UV child.

Salvatore - 10/10 This one's pretty good, and pretty different. Like if a 2015 DJ suddenly was transported to 1950's Italy. Violins in the beginning, accompanied by beats. Lyrics are pretty good, not great (caccitore, limousines, and soft ice cream is just very strange). It's a really fun song, and the chorus reminds me of an Italian soap opera. 

Blackest Day - 9/10 I don't like it as much as the others, but I understand why people love it so much. Very sensual song (Deeper, harder, etc). It shines more in the chorus than in the verses. 

24 - 8/10 Another strange song, I guess it's a grower. It's like a mix of western and Spanish flamenco. I don't like the lyrics as much, it doesn't flow very well. I'm pretty sure every line mentions that "there's only 24 hours". It reminds me a bit of a slower, laid back version of Dangerous Girl. It sounds great as a James Bond song. It gets a lot better near the end, when it becomes more faster. While I'd rather it be like that the whole song, I can appreciate it because the chorus changes and becomes more dramatic and impressive, something missing from Honeymoon, 

Swan Song - 8.5/10 The beginning reminds me of Sigur Ros. I expected this to be Old Money 2.0, but it's actually not. Another grower. Lyrics are a bit repetitive, but I'm extremely satisfied with the chorus. The production is great. It kind of reminds me of Big Eyes's last chorus, just improved and without the sax ):

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - 8/10 Okay. it's not as bad as people make it seem. It's not exactly great, but it's a good conclusion to the album (no This is What Makes Us Girls, but it's better than The Other Woman) 

In conclusion, you can't really go wrong with any of the songs in this album. Everything flows well, and all the songs are long but don't feel like it. She really put a lot of work into it. IMO, it's better than BTD and equal or maybe even better than UV. Production is great with all of these songs, and I don't know why those singles were even chosen. 

Songs sound like movie soudntracks: The Blackest Day, 24, Swan Song, GKIT

sgopYhV.gif