pinupgirls

The Horror Movie Thread

Is The Neon Demon as good as it sounds because I listened to The Demon Dance yesterday and I'm incredibly into it. I watched a video spoiling and explaining the end but I would like to know if it is as beautiful as it appears to look

4tdWYMA.png

Is The Neon Demon as good as it sounds because I listened to The Demon Dance yesterday and I'm incredibly into it. I watched a video spoiling and explaining the end but I would like to know if it is as beautiful as it appears to look

Honestly I hated this movie, but yes it’s visually appealing. The story & characters are all incredibly unlikeable imo... idk the movie just felt very EMPTY to me, visuals were great but everything else was bad

14417469274.gif

Neon Demon is one of the worst film I've seen

Honestly I hated this movie, but yes it’s visually appealing. The story & characters are all incredibly unlikeable imo... idk the movie just felt very EMPTY to me, visuals were great but everything else was bad

Thank you both for confirming what I was fearing! I already don't like watching movies so I was on the verge but I think I'm just gonna keep listening to the soundtrack :) But I have a question though - if I loved Enter The Void would I like The Neon Demon? I don't mind if it's rly empty as long as it's a visual experience, but I also hate gore for gore

4tdWYMA.png

I recently saw The Blaire Witch's Project and it was v underwhelming. I really thought it was gonna be something and it ended up being pretty dull. I guess for the time it came out it might have been shocking or whatevs but I was kinda bored. the highlight of the movie was lowkey one of the actors lol

Thank you both for confirming what I was fearing! I already don't like watching movies so I was on the verge but I think I'm just gonna keep listening to the soundtrack :) But I have a question though - if I loved Enter The Void would I like The Neon Demon? I don't mind if it's rly empty as long as it's a visual experience, but I also hate gore for gore

I haven’t seen Enter the Void. Neon Demon has pointless gore, definitely a shock-value-for-no-reason kind of movie.. I would UNWATCH it if I could :toofunny:

14417469274.gif

The Neon Demon is visually very stunning at times but yeah it's not really that good. I have it on blu-ray and have watched it a couple of times, I love the opening credits (omg that music) and the opening shots.

Also okay y'all I've finally seen Suspiria which I've been spamming about so much here lately, it definitely wasn't as gory and disgusting as people made it out to be but I still loved every second of it. The climax omg. Might just be my favorite film of 2018 so far, hands down. I wanna see it again already. As we left some man reached out to us if we knew anything about the music and if Thom Yorke also sang in the movie and it was my time to shine, also when he asked if its score is available somewhere I was like "yeah I actually have it on CD and it's on vinyl as well" :flutter:

@@Tragic Rabbit When Suspiria reviews first started spreading I remember it was mixed af, on Letterboxd people seem to mostly love it although there's obviously some haters in the bunch as well. I've been very surprised how all professional Finnish reviews I've read have given it 4-5 stars except for one, I assumed most of them would just throw it 3 stars or something and criticize its length for example - but no :crying4: Based on my own observations, the subplot has been the main issue for many - and honestly I didn't mind it, the film definitely didn't feel like 152 minutes and I would've loved to see more and more. That said, after the amazing finale I could've done without the following epilogue but it did give a closure to the subplot, I think I even heard someone crying at that point. To me the film was a magical experience and I'm craving to see it again as soon as possible, I'm definitely thinking of going to see it on the big screen again as I simply can't wait for the blu-ray to drop (which I already preordered) and I can't wait to have seen it enough many times to start analyzing it to every last detail. mother! is shaking as Suspiria might take its place on my list of my favorite films ever.

Ok I'm gonna be that person buuuut I don't think The Neon Demon is bad at all, nothing great or special but I think is a nice movie, I got everything what I wanted from it tbh It was a nice visual>substance movie with some genuinely creepy moments.

8nl2OpX.png

Ok I'm gonna be that person buuuut I don't think The Neon Demon is bad at all, nothing great or special but I think is a nice movie, I got everything what I wanted from it tbh It was a nice visual>substance movie with some genuinely creepy moments.

Agreed.

The Neon Demon was super aesthetically pleasing, there were shots that went on for waaaaaaayyyyyy too long but I loved the minimalistic dialogue and the beauty of it tbh.

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Ugh I swear I'm going to shut up about Suspiria eventually but here's a poster I made last weekend, during the past couple of months I've made a couple of others but I'm not happy with them at all and even this one has some major flaws like hands and feet but whatever.

DO3bmYo.png

Ugh I swear I'm going to shut up about Suspiria eventually but here's a poster I made last weekend, during the past couple of months I've made a couple of others but I'm not happy with them at all and even this one has some major flaws like hands and feet but whatever.

DO3bmYo.png

Okay, you didn't have to snap like that :defeated: So talented

Agreed.

The Neon Demon was super aesthetically pleasing, there were shots that went on for waaaaaaayyyyyy too long but I loved the minimalistic dialogue and the beauty of it tbh.

Yes, plus I really liked Kershaw, Malone and Heathcote performances, also Kenau Reeves, I've never seen him doing a bad guy in a movie before so it was super interesting on a new light and he fucking killed it.

8nl2OpX.png

Yaaasss I won this bundle of the Suspiria LP, a bag and a flipbook!  :defeated: Also someone on ebay is selling a rare promo bathrobe or something and a small chrome replica of that hook which I really want for some reason but I ain't paying a shitload amount of money and customs taxes on top of that lol