naachoboy

Kali Uchis

it's exactly 3 am where I live and I'm about to finally press play and I can sense from the reactions I've been seeing it's gonna be an amazing first listen

I had a bad first listen when red moon in venus came out, it just fell flat at first and then it started to build up and grow on me so now I love it. but I'm feeling this one is gonna be different! I already love all of the singles :pillsdy:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I liked Red Moon in Venus a lot but this new one slaps. The production is amazing. My faves are the opening and closing tracks

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

okay I just finished it... BANGER AFTER BANGER :mariah: what a fucking album omfg!!!!!

edit: first aoty contender 12 days into the year :kali:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

what a great album! she really surprised me with album tracks they're so well produced and fun(it's hard to choose the best one):dance4:. I think we already have the first AOTY contender

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

Congrats on the pregnancy! Sucks she has a terrible choice in men. And I will never forget that court hearing. I’m so conflicted about my feelings towards Kali. On one hand her music used to be so good , and around Isolation I started to sense this- shift, for lack of better word. Towards… idk really. Mediocrity? The Mac Demarco effect? She seemed more caught up in building a skateboard ad as a career than doing anything exciting. All the while making extremely weird moves behind the scenes. Like I said I’m happy for her, but let’s just say I hope that baby isn’t around the father very much. :eyes: 

Is the album worth listening to? I'm bored.

I did listen to Red Moon In Venus when it dropped and it was alright I suppose... Never came back to it lol. I wanna get into her discog but she doesn't woo me if that makes sense. Like she's one of those artists that are really good yet can't get the jist of it :lange:but if anyone has highlights from this record and/or a review then lmk and I'll get into it.

2 minutes ago, Girl With No Face said:

Is the album worth listening to? I'm bored.

I did listen to Red Moon In Venus when it dropped and it was alright I suppose... Never came back to it lol. I wanna get into her discog but she doesn't woo me if that makes sense. Like she's one of those artists that are really good yet can't get the jist of it :lange:but if anyone has highlights from this record and/or a review then lmk and I'll get into it.

if you don’t mind spanish music then listen it’s amazing, try listening to the closer first

12 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Congrats on the pregnancy! Sucks she has a terrible choice in men. And I will never forget that court hearing. I’m so conflicted about my feelings towards Kali. On one hand her music used to be so good , and around Isolation I started to sense this- shift, for lack of better word. Towards… idk really. Mediocrity? The Mac Demarco effect? She seemed more caught up in building a skateboard ad as a career than doing anything exciting. All the while making extremely weird moves behind the scenes. Like I said I’m happy for her, but let’s just say I hope that baby isn’t around the father very much. :eyes: 

Did a bit of researching and this isn't the first time she's dated an abuser? Yikes :noparty:

I still wanna listen to her album because enjoying music and supporting an artist are 2 different things but I'm still disappointed. I wanted to root for her :creep:

5 minutes ago, Girl With No Face said:

Did a bit of researching and this isn't the first time she's dated an abuser? Yikes :noparty:

I still wanna listen to her album because enjoying music and supporting an artist are 2 different things but I'm still disappointed. I wanted to root for her :creep:

And she went to court to defend the first one?? It’s so disappointing :facepalm:

maria, jenny, catalina y sonia
amo a mis brasileñas y mis colombianas

dfmoQxZ.gif

dominicanas, boricuas, amo a mis mexicanas
y esta noche soy lesbiana tú me das las ganas

JiFq4TJ.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg