trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

I never got into the really hard stuff just alternative rock, grunge, nu metal, alternative metal, and a little industrial: Deftones, System of a Down, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Mudvayne, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Godsmack, Audioslave, Orgy, Tool, Static X, Three Days Grace, Cold, White Zombie and Rob Zombie, and a little Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Chevelle, Alice in Chains, and Rammstein. Yeah, I was into all of the mainstream stuff. The darkest song I have on my mp3 player is "Digging Up the Corpses" by DevilDriver. The hardest song would have to be "Death Blooms" by Mudvayne. 

This is the only female act on my rock playlist.

I never got into the really hard stuff just alternative rock, grunge, nu metal, alternative metal, and a little industrial: Deftones, System of a Down, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Mudvayne, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Godsmack, Audioslave, Orgy, Tool, Static X, Three Days Grace, Cold, White Zombie and Rob Zombie, and a little Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Chevelle, Alice in Chains, and Rammstein. Yeah, I was into all of the mainstream stuff. The darkest song I have on my mp3 player is "Digging Up the Corpses" by DevilDriver. The hardest song would have to be "Death Blooms" by Mudvayne. 

This is the only female act on my rock playlist.

Dude, how are you only into one female fronted band?  :O I feel like my life revolves around ffb's so it's so strange to me that someone doesn't listen to them lol. Kittie is my 2nd favorite band - Hole will always be first. Listen to Otep and fall in love with her or you're dead to me

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Dude, how are you only into one female fronted band?  :O I feel like my life revolves around ffb's so it's so strange to me that someone doesn't listen to them lol. Kittie is my 2nd favorite band - Hole will always be first. Listen to Otep and fall in love with her or you're dead to me

I used to listen to a little FlyLeaf and No Doubt, and some songs by Paramore are okay. I like a couple of songs by Evanescence. I liked "Zombie" by The Cranberries, but that gets overplayed by the local rock station. When stuff gets overplayed on the radio, I usually don't feel the need to download it. 

I'm mostly into punk. Psychobilly, horror punk, Oi!, streetpunk, pop punk (as in stuff like Riff Randells or Tsunami Bomb). Some hardcore and vikingarock (scandinavian/nordic folk punk). I don't label myself a feminist anymore, but Riot Grrrl was something I grew up with and one of my introductions to punk so the riot grrrl bands I grew up listening to are still special to me.

When it comes to metal I LOVE female fronted symphonic metal. I also like folk metal, power metal, and some 80s classics.

Too many bands to name but some of my random favorites are Hole, Courtney Love, The Runaways, Vice Squad (and anything Beki Bondage), Horrorpops, New Years Day, The Spookshow, Epica, Delain, Evanescence, Deadline (UK punk band), As Diabatz, Stitched Up Heart, In This Moment. And currently I'm listening a lot to some long time favorite girly bands that started out around the 1990s/early 2000s like Kittie, My Ruin, Tura Satana, Jack Off Jill, Scarling, and Otep.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

I'm mostly into punk. Psychobilly, horror punk, Oi!, streetpunk, pop punk (as in stuff like Riff Randells or Tsunami Bomb). Some hardcore and vikingarock (scandinavian/nordic folk punk). I don't label myself a feminist anymore, but Riot Grrrl was something I grew up with and one of my introductions to punk so the riot grrrl bands I grew up listening to are still special to me.

When it comes to metal I LOVE female fronted symphonic metal. I also like folk metal, power metal, and some 80s classics.

Too many bands to name but some of my random favorites are Hole, Courtney Love, The Runaways, Vice Squad (and anything Beki Bondage), Horrorpops, New Years Day, The Spookshow, Epica, Delain, Evanescence, Deadline (UK punk band), As Diabatz, Stitched Up Heart, In This Moment. And currently I'm listening a lot to some long time favorite girly bands that started out around the 1990s/early 2000s like Kittie, My Ruin, Tura Satana, Jack Off Jill, Scarling, and Otep.

YOU ARE LITERALLY PERFECT!!!! OMG!!!!! 

i literally made the therad for the clash few weeks ago and no one replied lol :toofunny:
both my parents are punk fans so i pretty much grew up listening to punk bands, especially the clash
i love punk - the clash obv, sex pistols, ramones, the exploited...
as much as proto-punk - lou reed, the velvet underground, new york dolls, iggy pop etc
and some of post-punk - joy division, the smiths

but i hate metal music, idk why, i just cant stand it

i also don't like 'classic rock bands' like guns 'n' roses, led zeppelin... the only 'classic rock band' i can stand is ac/dc (but their early records tho).

and i'm a sucker for the beatles :shh: but i'd rather consider them rock and roll than "classic rock" although many "classic rock fans" would probably argue

nsaalk.jpg

Btw thank you for making this thread!

Bands I love:

Jeff Buckley

Hole

Nirvana

Marilyn Manson

The Smashing Pumpkins

Metallica

Megadeth

The Cult

Cranes

Marcy Playground

My Chemical Romance

Monster Magnet

The Doors

The Beatles

Misfits

Rob Zombie

Korn

The Birthday Massacre

Jack Off Jill

The Used

Iron Maiden

L7

Led Zeppelin

Janis Joplin

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

ooooh let me judge you

Jeff Buckley
Hole
Nirvana
Marilyn Manson

okay yes love them all, though MM is an ass hole, but he shaped my love of metal and was so great during my younger years 

The Smashing Pumpkins

meh

Metallica
Megadeth

judging you because there's 100s of better thrash bands. check out Kreator. Their album Come Of souls is my favorite metal album of all time! 

The Cult
Cranes
Marcy Playground

I know their hits so can't judge you

My Chemical Romance

I was obsessed in high school

Monster Magnet
The Doors

meh

The Beatles
Misfits

juding you

Rob Zombie

I was obsessed in middle school, but White Zombie >>>>>

Korn
The Birthday Massacre

meh

Jack Off Jill

YEESSSSS

The Used

no

Iron Maiden
L7

YES OH MY GOD YES. I HAVE LIKE 8 IRON MAIDEN SHIRTS AND L7 IS ONE OF THE BEST 

Led Zeppelin
Janis Joplin

meh, I respect what they've done for music but couldn't care less about their music tbh

This would be where I belong  :lmao:

I love almost all of the bands you mentioned, but I don't listen to much of it these days. I was a music snob punk/metal guy until I turned 30 and started listening mostly to pop (and then until about a year ago when all I listened to was LDR). I've been in prog metal bands when I was younger, and a kinda famous experimental band about fifteen years ago, but I'm not on any records. The past few weeks I've been cruising Youtube listening to early 80's thrash and Death metal demos. It's all sort of a guilty pleasure, but all good fun, yeah!

oh wow, the start of our beautiful friendship  :crying5:

"I don't listen to much of it these day" I take full credit for that change  :die:

Ima just add to this thread coz why not

I used to ONLY be into rock music- though that did cover a wide range of rock, like grunge, punk rock, gothic rock/metal, symphonic metal, synth rock.

Bands in particular are:

The Birthday Massacre

Evanescence

Linkin Park

Bullet For My Valentine

Escape the Fate

Within Temptation

Nightwish

Garbage

Joan Jett

Madina Lake

Metallica

Muse

Sonata Arctica

The Pretty Reckless

Delain

So yeah as you can see ive veered towards female fronted bands (my favourites anyway)

TBH, after discovering Lana i stopped listening to rock because she was 'enough' at the time and I stopped catching up with new releases from a lot of the rock bands I listened to.

But this year I have caught up and can't believe what I missed out on. 

thrash metal is my favorite kind, from the classic Bay Area scene to Vektor, Voivod and the like. but my absolute favorite metal band is actually Bathory.

my favorite rock-subgenre is psychedelic, both classic 60s/70s psychedelia and neo-psych. fave bands/artists: early era Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett, 13th Floor Elevators & The Chocolate Watchband + Topaz Rags, Sun Araw & Lumerians, to name a few.

other than that (and idk if this is considered 'indie' or not since i don't usually think of indie as a genre, just... short for 'independent artist'), i'm a huge fan of the Copenhagen underground scene, like Iceage (the one everyone knows), but also Lust For Youth, Vår, Communions, Sexdrome, Skurv, Marching Church, etc.

The list I made of bands are ones I used to listen to (I still listen to them from time to time) but since last year I have really been getting into folk/blues/psychedelic/alternative/60s, 70s rock more.

Joan Baez

Bob Dylan

Tim Buckley

Ben E King

Simon & Garfunkel

Fleetwood Mac

Rodriguez

etc. are currents faves :)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven