Fluorine

Charli XCX

Y’all find it funny how Crash which was supposed to be her sell out album tanked and didn’t sell out but Brat which was supposed to be much more niche and experimental and rave-y ended up being her selling out to Kamala Harris and the general public… so funny how life works sometimes 

“Charli says she wants to play me an unfinished remix of “Sympathy is a knife.” “I wrote this three or four weeks ago, about this idea of, like, you have to fall — if you’re deemed to be even in the slightest way on top, you have to fall,” she says. “I’m not a fucking idiot. I know how shit works.”

There’s a new verse in this version that goes, “It’s a knife when you’re finally on top … / They want to see you fall.” :oprah4:

1 minute ago, Let the Light In said:

Yeah I love this artist so much that when she released an album I’ve heard she’s gonna be #1 in UK, so I released album versions exclusive to UK to show my support 

Is it just me who thinks that her team is doing this? Im not a Swiftie or anything im just saying 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

5 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Yeah I love this artist so much that when she released an album I’ve heard she’s gonna be #1 in UK, so I released album versions exclusive to UK to show my support 

she was in the UK at the time and the numbers prove she was gonna beat charli anyway! stop with this narrative!

14 minutes ago, lakeemmahottie said:

Is it just me who thinks that her team is doing this? Im not a Swiftie or anything im just saying 

You can 100% be sure that she has control over every aspect of her career and she knows when she’s releasing a new variant and which version of song 

12 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

she was in the UK at the time and the numbers prove she was gonna beat charli anyway! stop with this narrative!

It’s not a narrative it’s the truth. She released and blocked 8 artists this year. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

7 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

You can 100% she has control over every aspect of her career and she knows when she’s releasing a new variant and which version of song 

It’s not a narrative it’s the truth. She released and blocked 8 artists this year. 

She blocked artists by releasing a product and people purchased or streamed it more than the other products. Yes! Why is that a bad thing? 

I’m a Charli fan before I’m ever a Taylor fan but I don’t understand this narrative that caring about the charts and wanting to be top dog is a bad thing…

11 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

She blocked artists by releasing a product and people purchased or streamed it more than the other products. Yes! Why is that a bad thing? 

I’m a Charli fan before I’m ever a Taylor fan but I don’t understand this narrative that caring about the charts and wanting to be top dog is a bad thing…

Spoiler

Because it’s manipulation. It’s not natural or organic releasing more than 64 versions of the same album with only one song difference calling it exclusive. It is finding a loophole and manipulating charts. Billboard didn’t take any action like they did with other artists (not hard to guess why) and she keeps using this loophole.Anyway it’s Charli’s thread and I don’t want to go off topic with Taylor’s cheap tactics.

Rewind needs more love, I see people putting at the bottom of their rankings 

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Y’all find it funny how Crash which was supposed to be her sell out album tanked and didn’t sell out but Brat which was supposed to be much more niche and experimental and rave-y ended up being her selling out to Kamala Harris and the general public… so funny how life works sometimes 

It didn’t tank- it reached no1 and did better record wise on the charts but less culturally like brat.

crash= mild charting singles 

No1 album.

Brat= Cultural impact

Tik Tok hit 

if you're at the top of your game, wouldn't you want to stay there? if anything it's the fans that've kept her at number 1. fans could just choose to ignore any new releases or versions but they made the decision to purchase or stream and continue the chart reign

either way, tay loves charli and we will be getting that sympathy is a knife remix :keyboard:

tumblr_nqdg6cs78L1ra4d6ro1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Foxes said:

if you're at the top of your game, wouldn't you want to stay there? if anything it's the fans that've kept her at number 1. fans could just choose to ignore any new releases or versions but they made the decision to purchase or stream and continue the chart reign

either way, tay loves charli and we will be getting that sympathy is a knife remix :keyboard:

She comes across as extremely false- I don’t doubt she’s a fan but she’s also extremely competitive and not the girls girl she wants to brand herself as- from not letting go a decades fued with the KS and 60x physical releases when another artist releases.

With the Kamala tweet, Charli, perhaps for the first time this summer, made a brand misstep. When she fired it off, she was hanging out in her pool at home in L.A. and waiting for Daniel to finish making lunch..."To be on the right side of democracy, the right side of women's rights, is hugely important to me," Charli tells me when I ask about her becoming a cable-news talking point. She makes her statement one careful word at a time. "I'm happy to help to prevent democracy from failing forever." It is an uncharacteristically earnest response. "I obviously knew what I was doing," she continues, rolling her eyes, presumably at herself. But she did not expect her tweet to be viewed 55 million times. "Did I think me talking about being a messy ***** and, like, partying and needing a Bic lighter and a pack of Marlboro Lights would end up on CNN? No." She is not, nor has she ever been, nor does she want to be "a political artist," she says. "I'm not Bob Dylan, and I've never pretended to be." Besides, she's British; she can't even vote in the U.S. "My music is not political," she tells me. "Everything I do in my life feeds back into my art. Everything I say, wear, think, enjoy — it all funnels back into my art. Politics doesn't feed my art."

I’m definitely reading too much into it, but mentioning Stay Away feels like a calculated move to come across as an og fan to Charli’s fanbase.

this is my personal opinion but it reads like she doesn’t like any of her current music - specifically the album that is getting praise, and almost discredits the work she’s done since True Romance.