Fluorine

Charli XCX

tbh I think charli should reallllllly stop with the collabs... N1A collabs were great bc it was a cute all-girl concept, pop2 some of them were starting to get shitty (some were cute tho) but by charli I think everyone was so tired of them, like me and everyone i know's fav songs are all the solo ones - I found pretty much every feature on charli unnecessary :( 

It’s OK to be wrong but don’t expect not to be called out for this edgy mess of an opinion :wtf:

I’ll agree that the era itself was underwhelming but that was to be expected with how rushed this project was - but the music itself is still great. If it was condensed into the 10 best songs like the mixtapes, y’all would probably call it her best body of work.

But if it was condensed it wouldn’t be the same album?

Like that’s my point, the tracklist as it is doesn’t go anywhere and the songs are all over the place, while good

IMO N1A and Pop 2 work better as albums than this does, and Charli feels more like a mixtape, even though she sold them as the other way around

Idk about y’all but Charli really came for my emotions this era... I didn’t expect it at all, or for her to open up about certain things as much as she did... and for there being maybe a couple of weaker songs on the album, there are several outstanding ones that make up for it.

Like on Warm, the way in the outro her voice almost resembles a wind instrument, which she’s kinda done before on Lucky, but vocally, she’s really starting to do a lot of little things that feel very unique to her. And I’ve said this about Warm before but it just feels like with some of her newer songs, they just kind of embody these little “worlds” of their own. Same with I Don't Wanna Know... similar effect, different feeling and mood.

These particular tracks are very visually stimulating for me personally, due to the tonal production choices and the way they’re produced. And Charli has always had great production behind her, but looking back on N1A for instance, those songs mostly just feel like well-produced bops (which is fine), rather than “worlds of sound” if you know what I mean. It’s like these super fine, subtle details and ambience that help create a “landscape” and mood.

Idk about y’all but Charli really came for my emotions this era... I didn’t expect it at all, or for her to open up about certain things as much as she did... and for there being maybe a couple of weaker songs on the album, there are several outstanding ones that make up for it.

Like on Warm, the way in the outro her voice almost resembles a wind instrument, which she’s kinda done before on Lucky, but vocally, she’s really starting to do a lot of little things that feel very unique to her. And I’ve said this about Warm before but it just feels like with some of her newer songs, they just kind of embody these little “worlds” of their own. Same with I Don't Wanna Know... similar effect, different feeling and mood.

These particular tracks are very visually stimulating for me personally, due to the tonal production choices and the way they’re produced. And Charli has always had great production behind her, but looking back on N1A for instance, those songs mostly just feel like well-produced bops (which is fine), rather than “worlds of sound” if you know what I mean. It’s like these super fine, subtle details and ambience that help create a “landscape” and mood.

Honestly all the things she opened up about were lies so idk how to feel about that

As for the rest songs IMO it’s the other way around, songs like Femmebot, Delicious and Unlock It felt way more complete than songs like Silver Cross, White Mercedes, Warm, etc...

Like SC is literally a verse and a chorus back to back. Which I love don’t get me wrong but it’s as basic as it gets, and the same goes for a lot of the tracks

wow when one of y’all has a negative opinion the rest of u jump at the opportunity to start complaining about charli... I swear they switch like lights :flop:

I’m still thoroughly enjoying the album. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14417469274.gif

i want to get into Charli XCX but I don't know where to start? any songs you recommend? what is the West Coast of Charli XCX songs? does she have a large unreleased discography that is worth listening to? i hope someone actually responds lol

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

i want to get into Charli XCX but I don't know where to start? any songs you recommend? what is the West Coast of Charli XCX songs? does she have a large unreleased discography that is worth listening to? i hope someone actually responds lol

the unreleased discography is maaaaaaaaaaassive

lABVyGE.png

I recommend Track 10, Vroom Vroom, Unlock It, Girls Night Out, Lucky, Grins, Roll With Me, Backseat, Take My Hand, Trophy, Warm & No Angel

Track 10 is her best song (and Pop 2 her best album) IMO and her unreleased discography is worth it but it's like 200+ songs

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I recommend Track 10, Vroom Vroom, Unlock It, Girls Night Out, Lucky, Grins, Roll With Me, Backseat, Take My Hand, Trophy, Warm & No Angel

Track 10 is her best song (and Pop 2 her best album) IMO and her unreleased discography is worth it but it's like 200+ songs

thank you very much !

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

annoying how everyone is always like “bust it in the club like a crazy bee!” Like it’s obviously “buzzin” lmao that’s the only way it makes sense

could also be "bust it in the club like a crazy B" as in short for bitch - remember this was the album of "we keep it B-A-U-tiful" 

X----into me, into you----X

People getting pressed because they don’t like other people’s opinions lol whether you love the album or not neither one of you are right, it’s all your personal opinion, don’t cry because someone doesn’t have the same opinion as you.

did i just entered on a masterclass of how to be ungrateful

Imagine being grateful for Spicy lol

giphy.gif

People getting pressed because they don’t like other people’s opinions lol whether you love the album or not neither one of you are right, it’s all your personal opinion, don’t cry because someone doesn’t have the same opinion as you.

Imagine being grateful for Spicy lol

I mean who’s crying tho.. lmao it’s just obnoxious for everyone to suddenly be like “yknow what this album actually kind of sucked” I mean you don’t have to like it but that doesn’t make it objectively bad. There’s a reason that it was critically well-received.

Also I always thought the lyrics in Good Girls were “busted in the club like a crazy B” which makes way more sense to me - she’s trashed AKA busted in the club. :cuteface:

14417469274.gif