Fluorine

Charli XCX

I want new music but this seems so soon... her first album came out a little over 3 months ago... She's working at a faster pace than Rihanna! I'm honestly not complaining at all, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much that maybe she will play new songs on this tour and have a new single out by the end of this year... It seems way too soon.

I'm nervous about the length, too. No complaints if she does release something. But maybe she should do another mixtape instead? (Super Ultra style at least where maybe only one song is on the album.)

The email I got was 20% off a vinyl.

It came out to like a dollar less then Amazon's so I just canceled that preorder and ordered it through this store.

Amazon didn't tax me so my order was only $21 :raven:

Gonna keep it, I hope that doesn't mean it'll arrive late.

Why does everyone say Angry All The Time was for True Romance? It was posted on YT all the way back in 2010 with Hypersctive So Fantastic.

It's on heaps of websites before True Romance saying it was recorded with Take My Hand, Mess, Midnight, Interior etc

+ It's been said on here a fair few times

What are Angry All the Time and Hyperactive So Fantastic? I've never heard of them. It was posted on YT!? wtf...

ALERT ALERT ALERT

This is just not true! :ohno: 

While I also do not think "Angry All the Time" was ever intended for a place on the album, it was definitely not on Charli's YouTube account in 2010. @@cartoon eyes (and @@iseeyouupsidedown), the videos Charli posted in 2010 were, as far as I've been able to find in my research, simply her dancing to songs by other artists (though I have no idea who right now) or the videos were self-made music videos for the same tracks. Just to qualify, the two videos were called 'I Am Not an Angry Person' and 'Hyperactive So Fantastic', and here's a blurb about them (pretty much the most significant write-up I've found): 

Now two You Tube videos entitled I Am Not An Angry Person andHyperactive So Fantastic thrust the fizz bomb energy of youth into our faces and leave us feeling as confused as we were before. Like the disobedient girl in class that’s going to lead us badly astray, we know we shouldn’t go anywhere near her, but there is something about her riot in a sweetshop zest that makes us want to climb out of the bedroom window late at night and go raving with her, whatever the consequences.

'Angry All the Time' was written and originally demo-ed in 2010/2011, with producer Matt Squire; it can be found listed with the song entitled 'Supernova' on ASCAP, under the wrong name.  :creep: I contacted someone who has it concerning its nature, and apparently it's going to be given away...to whom or for what I have no idea, but I really hope we can hear Charli's version eventually. 

ALERT ALERT ALERT

This is just not true! :ohno: 

While I also do not think "Angry All the Time" was ever intended for a place on the album, it was definitely not on Charli's YouTube account in 2010. @@cartoon eyes (and @@iseeyouupsidedown), the videos Charli posted in 2010 were, as far as I've been able to find in my research, simply her dancing to songs by other artists (though I have no idea who right now) or the videos were self-made music videos for the same tracks. Just to qualify, the two videos were called 'I Am Not an Angry Person' and 'Hyperactive So Fantastic', and here's a blurb about them (pretty much the most significant write-up I've found): 

Now two You Tube videos entitled I Am Not An Angry Person andHyperactive So Fantastic thrust the fizz bomb energy of youth into our faces and leave us feeling as confused as we were before. Like the disobedient girl in class that’s going to lead us badly astray, we know we shouldn’t go anywhere near her, but there is something about her riot in a sweetshop zest that makes us want to climb out of the bedroom window late at night and go raving with her, whatever the consequences.

'Angry All the Time' was written and originally demo-ed in 2010/2011, with producer Matt Squire; it can be found listed with the song entitled 'Supernova' on ASCAP, under the wrong name.  :creep: I contacted someone who has it concerning its nature, and apparently it's going to be given away...to whom or for what I have no idea, but I really hope we can hear Charli's version eventually. 

ALL I NEED IN THIS LIFE OF SIN, IS ME AND MY  @@Madrigal.   :legend:  :legend:  :legend: 

X----into me, into you----X

On the blog Madrigal linked to:

Anonymous said...

man, she sucks! i was meant to be her keyboardist - thank goodness I turned her down.

16 July 2010 14:28  
blank.gif
Anonymous said...

I doubt it. I was meant to be her keyboardist but I had to turn the clown down. Ha!

16 July 2010 14:30

Someone's bitter :awkney2:

Stay bopping to I Love It three years later, Mr. Keyboardist :awkney2:

On the blog Madrigal linked to:

Someone's bitter :awkney2:

Stay bopping to I Love It three years later, Mr. Keyboardist :awkney2:

He's probs crying in his studio apartment with his snakes :awk:

BUT OMFG AT HIM CALLING HER A CLOWN, WHAT IS HE, 7 YEARS OLD?

Well...when you think about Charli at that time...

3436276696_3bd56157be_z.jpg

Was he really wrong? :toofunny:

He wasn't wrong haha, but she's now a sexy grown-up woman  :worship:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Topic:

Where does Charli fall in your faves?

This is a good topic. I'm interested to know how invested y'all are in Charli compared to your other faves. She's basically my favorite artist right now... Marina has been my queen since 2010, but Charli is definitely up there reigning with her now. She's somewhere between my favorite and my second favorite because even though Electra heart got messy, Marina can't be replaced.