Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 hours ago, bippelle said:

i predict a lead in march with album out in the summer

Thats what Ive been thinking too. I read on telegram (lmfao) that according to an insider the era will begin between march and june (take this with a grain of salt). 

I wonder if shes actually not gonna be online til then…

Did I remember correctly that she said she wasn't planning on any features this album, because if so I hope the album changed directions 3 times (as it often does), and that idea has been firmly scrapped. Crash had barely any features of dubious quality and HIFN had none at all, I need some sick new features, even if it's only 2-3...

1 hour ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

Did I remember correctly that she said she wasn't planning on any features this album, because if so I hope the album changed directions 3 times (as it often does), and that idea has been firmly scrapped. Crash had barely any features of dubious quality and HIFN had none at all, I need some sick new features, even if it's only 2-3...

Yeah she said no features even though I think she hinted at a couple of collabs iirc

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Can’t stand features- keep them to one offs please 

I like it when Charli is the feature. Not the other way around.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

3 hours ago, reflecting said:

Yeah she said no features even though I think she hinted at a couple of collabs iirc

Didn’t she literally confirm a Robyn collab for the album

2 hours ago, Estheim said:

Didn’t she literally confirm a Robyn collab for the album

Wellll she said she had been in the studio with her but on a recent interview she said she think she‘ll do this one on her own so idk what to believe. Could very well be their collab isnt for xcx6

1 hour ago, imbennett said:

i think single in march with quick turnaround for album in may- she's doing primavera so she needs a new show + new songs and they need to have been out

Didn't she do primavera before the release of charli? Plus I like the idea of her playing unreleased songs to be released in a month live. Like she did with XCX world, but hopefully with better consequences

17 minutes ago, XCX Archivist said:

someone leak click v1...i wanna hear the verse she scrapped after she heard kim's and tommy's

It was recycled into C2.0

I tried making a solo edit of click 1.0 like a few years ago maybe u can find it in the thread :popcorn:

11 hours ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

Didn't she do primavera before the release of charli? Plus I like the idea of her playing unreleased songs to be released in a month live. Like she did with XCX world, but hopefully with better consequences

With the announcement, it said something about Charli presenting her new album. 

sometimes i don't mind features provided they're selected thoughtfully and not overdone. this is one reason why i love n1a, there's a pretty solid ratio of solos to collabs and the artists feel like they were chosen carefully and don't feel out of place. pop2 just feels like a mess to me because there's so many features on there just for a feature's sake, many of which ruin their respective songs. 

i feel like it's worth considering the caliber of an artist as well. like uffie on babygirl i loved, bringing sky out of retirement for cross you out was iconic, a robyn or kesha feature i would be stoked about and i was similarly a fan of dido on desire for example because those are kind of legacy artists in a cult way. mykki blanco on femmebot or jay park on unlock it do absolutely nothing for me and i don't really need another caroline or chris collab

As long as this album rollout (lead single release to album release) isn't drawn out over four months then I'm fine. I need the album to come no later than three months after she drops the lead single :oprah3:

2 hours ago, reflecting said:

angry all the time & losing my cool

My two states of existence.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, reflecting said:

when will (pre) true romance era finally receive the flowers it deserves?

Whenever her fanbase stops acting like hyperpop/trapli is the PINNACLE of artistic talent, the only sound worthy of MERIT, the ONLY good direction she should go in, the only place EMOTION can be found, the ONLY SPOT she could ever be good in, etc. etc.

Bitch has demonstrated, from the VERY beginning, a wide range genres she wants to play in, and play around in, and has been tearing us through a couple different sounds and genres for 15 years. But some asbestos munchers think she needs to sit locked up in one sonic lane and refuse to acknowledge or even give the time of day to shit outside of it.

:bop::bop::bop:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶