Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

she definitely got a text from either kim or sam, warning her about the whole Unholy hype that died down because of the 2 month long teasing :eartha:

that song still went number 1 so i don't think they regret the hyping lmao

The state of the music industry album promo cycle is awful right now.

look at Dua Lipa - 2 singles in with the first being released in November and she still hasn’t made an official announcement on her album or a release date.

Not to mention Training Season was teased forever before its release that just happened and she even performed it at a major award show with no way for a new audience to go stream the song after.

who the fuck is winning with these strategies?

13 minutes ago, details said:

i LOVE xcx world but that would've tanked so bad… the reviews would rip her to shreds the moment they hear "working like a young kardashian". just look at the reception bounce got after jimmy kimmel… it was hell. truly a career ender if it got released 

imagine GP having good taste?

they could never

55 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

imagine GP having good taste?

they could never

i know that's why charli occasionally releases utter trash like in the city to please them

If XCX World would still have had a chance to be released, at least as an EP, which songs would have you chosen? Considering After the Afterparty, Boys, Girls Night Out and No Angel were released as standalone singles anyway, I think I'd choose these:

1. Bounce (feat. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)
  2. Taxi
  3. Down Like Whoa
  4. The One I Die 4
  5. Can You Hear Me?
  6. Waterfall

Summer Love, Pop the Balloons and Blow Your Mind are also really good.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

19 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

according to the XCX manifesto, Charli did other shoots for the era. I get so angry when I remember that XCX World was really functional up to a certain point with finished songs, photoshoots, and well-thought rollouts for  promo… the gay apocalypse 

fr fr.. I'd be real mad if I were her bc yeah the blame it's on the hackers but the root cause of all of it was atlantic.. I wouldn't have signed again tbh, all the promotion is done and paid by her as well as videos and stuff, like whats the point nowdays to be backed by a label???

16 hours ago, paltargeist said:

Unpopular opinion maybe but I’m glad everything with XCX world happened the way it did. I mean it’s really sad for Charli obviously, but if it had been released properly we may have never gotten Number 1 Angel, so a second mixtape never would have happened, and her entire trajectory as an artist would have changed. We’ve been so well fed as fans with smash after smash after smash (minus self titled) and that may never have happened otherwise.

Plus, while we missed out on the full XCX World campaign, we still have all the songs in HQ, some with multiple versions, and tons of photos and visuals. That all makes the secret/cult classic/fan experience way more fun imo, especially now that Charles has come around to it.

same... im a huge N1A fan.. and also pop2 etc.. so part of me it's mad it didn't happened but the other is glad because those albums are her magnum opus to me.... also it's because except down like whoa, waterfall and no angel, the rest of the album seems very tamed lyrically (probably bc of the label) and so N1A, Pop2 and Charli she goes onto a more explicit relaistic self and it's deeper somehow.. but would've loved this prefabricated pop star consumism aesthetic too

20 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

If XCX World would still have had a chance to be released, at least as an EP, which songs would have you chosen? Considering After the Afterparty, Boys, Girls Night Out and No Angel were released as standalone singles anyway, I think I'd choose these:

1. Bounce (feat. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)
  2. Taxi
  3. Down Like Whoa
  4. The One I Die 4
  5. Can You Hear Me?
  6. Waterfall

Summer Love, Pop the Balloons and Blow Your Mind are also really good.

I'd actually say the same ones except I'd add I Wanna Be With U

4 hours ago, venicebitch said:

that song still went number 1 so i don't think they regret the hyping lmao

yet both of their fanbases absolutely despite the song, which is important to artist like Charli who don’t strive to hit number 1 on top radio lists 

(also it sounds like ass)

On 2/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, blameitonme said:

a comment on her latest post ‘Hey Charli love your work but when you posted “who wants boiler room tickets” with a link that made us sign up for a community app and also give our Whatsapp data, only for it to have nothing to do with the boiler room. That violated gdpr. Kind of unfair that our data was leveraged with the false advertising of it having anything to do with boiler room when in reality it ended up only being good for you sending us TikTok’s. I understand this was an attempt to garner interest in the event but this was misleading and potentially illegal. Would love if maybe you and your team didn’t do that again. Angels shouldn’t mislead and mined for data’

She didn’t violate GDPR diva… she gave away tickets on the WhatsApp and I met someone at the listening experience that won the ticket via WhatsApp (most of us were dm’d by the label)

15 hours ago, numbxers said:

same... im a huge N1A fan.. and also pop2 etc.. so part of me it's mad it didn't happened but the other is glad because those albums are her magnum opus to me.... also it's because except down like whoa, waterfall and no angel, the rest of the album seems very tamed lyrically (probably bc of the label) and so N1A, Pop2 and Charli she goes onto a more explicit relaistic self and it's deeper somehow.. but would've loved this prefabricated pop star consumism aesthetic too

When she came out with this, oh I knew she was mother :true: :toofunny:

But seriously I have to agree, I think everything turned out for the better, but the hype coming off of the Vroom Vroom EP, and then recent collaborations with SOPHIE… it really was the potential of what that album could’ve been I think, that drove the fans wild.

A bonkers, but highly commercial, future leaning album that could’ve redefined the whole pop landscape. And I feel like she’s very much still doing that, but just not as quickly or on such a grand scale that everyone expected maybe? 🤔

It’s like Charli always lands in the alternative music space, rather than the ultra commercial space… which is totally cool and it gives her more freedom to do whatever, but at the same time, I think her fans will always wonder why that is.

19 hours ago, rollwithme said:

The state of the music industry album promo cycle is awful right now.

look at Dua Lipa - 2 singles in with the first being released in November and she still hasn’t made an official announcement on her album or a release date.

Not to mention Training Season was teased forever before its release that just happened and she even performed it at a major award show with no way for a new audience to go stream the song after.

who the fuck is winning with these strategies?

to be fair i think duas rollout was meant to be much better but… with the palestine/israel conflict interfering with the OG release plan back in october everything was thrown off 

but also the fact that she ditched her Real managers in favor of her daddy probably had a major effect too :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

N1A is the valentines album ever. It was released on Feb 14 2017 in my mind. Yes I’m rewriting history and that’s OK.

no, you're right, every single track is the definition of what a love anthem should be, especially Drugs