Fluorine

Charli XCX

365 365 365 365 .... so stuck in my head! and then I realised:

24/7 I'm 365

wait for me heaven i'm here till i die!!!

1 hour ago, Chorli Xbox said:

the gays that are complaining are probably the same gays that like Slut Pop (& Miami) :eartha:

You mean Kim’s (Charli collaborator) best work? 
Let trans perfection sing while you complain about honest opinions. Von Dutch is nice but just an appetizer of what’s to come 

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

I feel like these same gays who are saying house music is overdone and the album will be bad were just gagging with all of us not even like 3 days ago about boiler room and britpop, but maybe I’m crazy ?

pick-me stan behavior.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

wow this song is so good like omg I can see myself going off to it in clubsss, I hope the rest of the album is influenced like von dutch by european club bangers :sluttybunny:

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

31 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

stans have damn near lost their minds over this song omg

Talking about this right now in a different venue with select Top Minds™ - Angels seem to have gotten REALLY entitled lately, even in the context of stan culture as a whole.

Like first, there's become an expectation that if it's not on an official album or EP, either Charli's or some collab with someone else, it's "Oh, well that's okay. Someone'll leak it anyway." Like take a beat right there and think about that. This is material that someone has decided that they don't want to release, finished or unfinished. And someone sees that and goes "I plan for and expect it to be made available to me anyway." Part of that does come with the fact that for the history of Charli's career, it's been an endless stream of leaked music. But that should be viewed as, in the best light, a "bonus" for deeper fans who know where to look and how to get it. When really, the very act of leaking, and listening to leaks, if the artist hasn't leaked the content themselves, is basically "someone has mad amount of disrespect for an artist, taking things from them that weren't intended for the public, and putting them out there anyways. I expect this to happen, and expect to enjoy this music and content anyway."

Then there's the history of demanding her to play shit or release shit that just plain isn't happening. Screaming "Play Taxi!" at concerts, demanding shit be released in comments on Twitter or IG. Thirsting for new music one second and then when it's announced it's coming, turning around and being mad we don't have a full album, visuals, tracklist, 3 singles, and deluxe announcement within the next 48 hours. Like come on. We're all aware of how the music industry works, we all know how we're in the age of Spotify and Tiktok algorithms - business is played by the rules as they're found, but everyone wants to act brand new all the time about it and pin it on the artist when it's much more hands in the cookie jar here.

The other thing about stan culture as a whole, is this weird ass shit where a song could be an 8/10, but the fans act like those last two missing points are the largest fucking flop in the history of Floptopia, in the country of Floppistan, on the continent of Floppington, on planet Floppottica. They expect 11/10, every single time, which is just not going to happen.

They also expect a song to be able to chart in 10 different genres' charts, and go number 1 every time. Oh and they expect a 16 track deluxe. Oh and they expect to purchase and own exclusive merchandise, but also that merchandise can't be allowed to sell out before *they* get it, but it also can't be widely available either because then it, and them, are not special for having it. Oh and they expect huge headlining tours. Oh but those tours better not be expensive, or sell out. Oh and they expect cheap meet and greets, and an artist be able to spend 10 minutes personally talking to each and every fan at said meet and greet, but it also not last longer than an hour, at said 80,000 packed out headlining concert tour.

It's a little exhausting.

Edit: And also people getting so dismissive when an opinion isn't shared by them. Everyone enjoys things and approaches things from different angles and perspectives, and with different valuations. Music speaks to different parts of people's lives and experiences......except for when the opinion isn't shared. Then it's trash and couldn't possibly have any merit and OP should check into a mental institution for brain rot. 

And if one person fucking bitches about this post being long, this is your reminder to clock in for your shift at Panera because I know you ain't making salary with such a weak brain.

Edited by AtomicMess
clarity and addendum

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png

chile anyways so the main issue is not the month long wait although of course it was questionable and annoying the main issue is how much she teased the song and killed any sort of anticipation because the parts that she revealed are basically the whole thing in its entirety anyway like she really should have left it at the first snippet and waited for the boiler room set to play the rest. but like here we all are talking about it so maybe she got away with it :hdu:

anyways im writing a blog post about the von dutch rollout and i have a request for yall cuz i want some material to talk about: describe the von dutch rollout in one sentence!

my favorite responses will be featured in the post >:)

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

2 minutes ago, XCX Archivist said:

anyways im writing a blog post about the von dutch rollout and i have a request for yall cuz i want some material to talk about: describe the von dutch rollout in one sentence!

my favorite responses will be featured in the post >:)

Rage Virus from 28 days later - infectious and maddening to the people.

22 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Talking about this right now in a different venue with select Top Minds™ - Angels seem to have gotten REALLY entitled lately, even in the context of stan culture as a whole.

Like first, there's become an expectation that if it's not on an official album or EP, either Charli's or some collab with someone else, it's "Oh, well that's okay. Someone'll leak it anyway." Like take a beat right there and think about that. This is material that someone has decided that they don't want to release, finished or unfinished. And someone sees that and goes "I plan for and expect it to be made available to me anyway." Part of that does come with the fact that for the history of Charli's career, it's been an endless stream of leaked music. But that should be viewed as, in the best light, a "bonus" for deeper fans who know where to look and how to get it. When really, the very act of leaking, and listening to leaks, if the artist hasn't leaked the content themselves, is basically "someone has mad amount of disrespect for an artist, taking things from them that weren't intended for the public, and putting them out there anyways. I expect this to happen, and expect to enjoy this music and content anyway."

Then there's the history of demanding her to play shit or release shit that just plain isn't happening. Screaming "Play Taxi!" at concerts, demanding shit be released in comments on Twitter or IG. Thirsting for new music one second and then when it's announced it's coming, turning around and being mad we don't have a full album, visuals, tracklist, 3 singles, and deluxe announcement within the next 48 hours. Like come on. We're all aware of how the music industry works, we all know how we're in the age of Spotify and Tiktok algorithms - business is played by the rules as they're found, but everyone wants to act brand new all the time about it and pin it on the artist when it's much more hands in the cookie jar here.

The other thing about stan culture as a whole, is this weird ass shit where a song could be an 8/10, but the fans act like those last two missing points are the largest fucking flop in the history of Floptopia, in the country of Floppistan, on the continent of Floppington, on planet Floppottica. They expect 11/10, every single time, which is just not going to happen.

They also expect a song to be able to chart in 10 different genres' charts, and go number 1 every time. Oh and they expect a 16 track deluxe. Oh and they expect to purchase and own exclusive merchandise, but also that merchandise can't be allowed to sell out before *they* get it, but it also can't be widely available either because then it, and them, are not special for having it. Oh and they expect huge headlining tours. Oh but those tours better not be expensive, or sell out. Oh and they expect cheap meet and greets, and an artist be able to spend 10 minutes personally talking to each and every fan at said meet and greet, but it also not last longer than an hour, at said 80,000 packed out headlining concert tour.

It's a little exhausting.

Edit: And also people getting so dismissive when an opinion isn't shared by them. Everyone enjoys things and approaches things from different angles and perspectives, and with different valuations. Music speaks to different parts of people's lives and experiences......except for when the opinion isn't shared. Then it's trash and couldn't possibly have any merit and OP should check into a mental institution for brain rot. 

And if one person fucking bitches about this post being long, this is your reminder to clock in for your shift at Panera because I know you ain't making salary with such a weak brain.

Okay Tolkien thanks for Lord of the Rings. 

6 minutes ago, Galactic said:

Okay Tolkien thanks for Lord of the Rings. 

You're one of the people who probably should read that 😭

1 hour ago, Galactic said:

You mean Kim’s (Charli collaborator) best work? 
Let trans perfection sing while you complain about honest opinions. Von Dutch is nice but just an appetizer of what’s to come 

its quite hilarious that it’s almost always “oh but she’s trans!” or “she’s Charli’s collaborator” like that validates her trashy recent music, which is a far cry of what Clarity or TOTL is. 

and calling it her best work is just… :eartha::hillary: