Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, hellsbbgurl said:

i dont get the “sellout” songs claim like literally none of this album - from what we’ve heard - sounds commercial at all. even von dutch; its just so abrasive and hypnotic, with some appeal to be a moderate success but even then i think it will not quite be a mega hit rather than a… well… a cult classic (but it still pops!)

von dutch might not sound commercial to current standards but that sound was pretty commercial back in 2010 - 2012. in fact, von dutch sounds very similar to facemelt by rita ora (a very commercial artist), so maybe that's what the sellout claims mean 

I applied as a DJ for my city’s Pride Parade and they asked for footage of my work etc. I edited this 1 min video compilation with my favorite performances and made this Dreams edit featuring Madonna’s Hung Up, Britney’s I Wanna Go and Benny Benassi’s Satisfaction vocals to use as soundtrack. It turned out great and I felt proud. 

As soon as I uploaded to YouTube, it got taken down by Warner. A girl can never win, what the fuck. :toofloppy:

Mean Girls has an interpolation of a Bladee song also called Mean Girls. There is also a remix that features an actual verse from Bladee. This is what I chose to believe until release.

IllegalTotalAdder-max-1mb.gif

the von dutch remix kinda ends the standard song idk

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

her releasing the ????? track, is living proof that Club Classics is gonna be the next single and that it may arrive sooner than we think

I have no doubt that we'll hear it sometime in April 

10 hours ago, details said:

von dutch might not sound commercial to current standards but that sound was pretty commercial back in 2010 - 2012. in fact, von dutch sounds very similar to facemelt by rita ora (a very commercial artist), so maybe that's what the sellout claims mean 

who has said she’s being a sellout 😭

Von Dutch sounds very commercial to me- so much so that it sounds like this Uk advert jingle in the UK- this is as commercial as you can get here atleast- idk about America where you’re all listening to country or something

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Von Dutch sounds very commercial to me- so much so that it sounds like this Uk advert jingle in the UK- this is as commercial as you can get here atleast- idk about America where you’re all listening to country or something

I think the vocals are kinda giving Charli vibes but I don’t see the instrumental. It sounds like that shit jump up genre that straight people listen to in the UK

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

like this is definitely her most commercial lead- even boom clap and 1999 weren’t trend hopping despite being very pop

What trend exactly is it jumping on? Can you be more specific :rollin:I haven’t seen any other pop girlies putting out club/rave songs  

22 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

like this is definitely her most commercial lead- even boom clap and 1999 weren’t trend hopping despite being very pop

You literally say the most random stuff on here and this is no exception