Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

like this is definitely her most commercial lead- even boom clap and 1999 weren’t trend hopping despite being very pop

i love & respect your strange takes always, but please - how is this her most commercial lead when Good Ones exists? :flop:

14417469274.gif

7 hours ago, Mary Jane Holland V said:

I have no doubt that we'll hear it sometime in April 

Gil, I admire your optimism, but come on. Doesn't reality hurt you every time you see another hopeful prediction being proven to be nothing more than wishfull thinking? I'm not trying to be mean, I just worry about you.

7 minutes ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

Gil, I admire your optimism, but come on. Doesn't reality hurt you every time you see another hopeful prediction being proven to be nothing more than wishfull thinking? I'm not trying to be mean, I just worry about you.

excuse you but since Atlantic seems to be replicating the Crash rollout it means that the second single will take two months to come out so a late late late late late late April release (which was what I was talking about when I referred to an April drop) is pretty much guaranteed at this point. my take was pretty much the epitome of realism lmfao  

And yes this song is very on trend with this song being on the Uk top 40 again

and another Uk pop girl hopping on rave sounds.

Although I suppose you could make an argument that charli is a great predictor of upcoming trends and weaving them into her discog

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

like this is definitely her most commercial lead- even boom clap and 1999 weren’t trend hopping despite being very pop

What are you saying about Boom Clap??????????????? :usrs:

von dutch is such a favorite of mine even though there’s not much difference between the song and the snippet that she first posted.

hope she can keep this rollout strong <3 mess is fun

5 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Although I suppose you could make an argument that charli is a great predictor of upcoming trends and weaving them into her discog

this is actually such a fascinating argument you can make here

on a certain level, von dutch and brat is just the usual result of charli doing something inauthentic and commercial for the previous project - vroom vroom and xcxworld happened as responses to sucker,  the overcommerical and overproduced crash was a response to the super diy how i'm feeling now, and sonically whenever charli feels too far from home, its back to the clubs. 

while uk pop music has been moving in a 90s/2000s dance/garage direction for the last few years (which she did acknowledge on crash with beg for you and selfish girl), technically even though they didnt deliver on it, both dua lipa and doja cat were talking about their next records being 90s rave inspired in like 2021. you can actually kinda hear the beginning stages of brat on 'what you think about me' on crash too, including what i think is a (sub)conscious interpolation of 'love me or hate me' by lady sovereign, which is kind of exactly the era that brat lives in.  

when it comes to von dutch, it is technically par for the course "commercial" in a world where perfect (exceeder) is randomly back in the charts after 20 years - but von dutch 100% predates saltburn, and no one could have predicted perfect (exceeder) and murder on the dance floor to make such huge comebacks on the heels of that film - it kinda seems like in this case, instead of charli being ahead of her time or "chasing trends", the zeitgeist actually set itself up for the release of von dutch and she kinda got lucky that that particular synth sound became popular again with perfect exceeder at the exact right time

cool to think about

X----into me, into you----X

11 hours ago, princessdollie said:

von dutch is such a favorite of mine even though there’s not much difference between the song and the snippet that she first posted.

it’s so nice that she’s suddenly  calling out mysogyny of the demand of having a female body be attached to music imagery. (the irony is not lost on me that she voluntarily posed half-naked for her last 3 or 4 covers when nobody demanded it, perpetuating said misogyny- and that is a silly aside from the contradiction of the whole rina thing)

hope she can keep this rollout strong <3 mess is fun

I only read TLDR's on the Rina drama, so could you please explain how this is a contradiction of the whole Rina thing? I'm not understanding how 

11 minutes ago, champagnecigarettes said:

I only read TLDR's on the Rina drama, so could you please explain how this is a contradiction of the whole Rina thing? I'm not understanding how 

Oh sorry I meant the contradiction is her silence on rina’s situation