Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 minutes ago, deathcard said:

a lot of you are really hung up on the entire "club record" thing and i dont get what your expectations were exactly

agreeeeeeeee

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

3 minutes ago, deathcard said:

a lot of you are really hung up on the entire "club record" thing and i dont get what your expectations were exactly

I  don't know about anyone else but when she was teasing boiler room that is the direction I thought she was going... For me the songs aren't going anywhere near what I would consider to be club records and I preferred what was played at the boiler room vs what she has previewed and released so far 

But the songs still sounds good and are fun but the only one that's been a club song imo is von dutch :creep: 

29 minutes ago, ItsRavenHunty said:

lol the people need to realize club music isnt just ava max opera house pop music and edm rexha songs 

If the club plays these it should be closed down immediately

1 hour ago, blameitonme said:

crash is gonna look so random in a few years time in her discography :aubrey: i love it but this album already feels like such a natural continuation from HIFN (and way better :P)

crash is a very important album in her discography but it's not one that will define her career. charli projects generally fall under one of two categories for me, strategic (sucker, n1a, self titled, hifn lol sorry, crash) or innovative (true romance, vroom vroom, xcx world, pop 2, brat). she's smart enough to know when to do what and she always knows how to make the right compromises without sacrificing her artistry. she just gets it like the strategic projects are still great and the innovative projects aren't irresponsible. the groundbreaking albums will always be the ones that result in more critical acclaim and contribute to her overall legacy but she's got the business acumen to understand the value in releasing less boundary pushing ones as well. she knows it too, "cult classic but i still pop." i could write a thesis about this she does make weird choices and mistakes but overall she is a literal mastermind who has outpaced the industry for so long and if she hadn't learned to play the game by now she'd have been stuck in label hell for the past decade basically

:oprah3:

5 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

Do u really think we listen to those flops in this thread?

Ava Max could die and my world wouldn't move but I will defend a few of Bebe's generic club moments. Chain My Heart is my guilty pleasure.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

1 minute ago, lonely lonely night said:

crash is a very important album in her discography but it's not one that will define her career. charli projects generally fall under one of two categories for me, strategic (sucker, n1a, self titled, hifn lol sorry, crash) or innovative (true romance, vroom vroom, xcx world, pop 2, brat). she's smart enough to know when to do what and she always knows how to make the right compromises without sacrificing her artistry. she just gets it like the strategic projects are still great and the innovative projects aren't irresponsible. the groundbreaking albums will always be the ones that result in more critical acclaim and contribute to her overall legacy but she's got the business acumen to understand the value in releasing less boundary pushing ones as well. she knows it too, "cult classic but i still pop." i could write a thesis about this she does make weird choices and mistakes but overall she is a literal mastermind who has outpaced the industry for so long and if she hadn't learned to play the game by now she'd have been stuck in label hell for the past decade basically

:oprah3:

I hear you, I see you, I see this, but I also need to raise the point that you touched on at the end - label.

At the end of the day, when signed to major labels, you play their games, or you don't get to release.  She can have all the creative vision she wants, but if the CEO wakes up and says "mmm...we're not shipping that", it's dead. So whatever the vision is, it needs to still be considered "minimum viable product" by the bean counters and toe that line.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

1 hour ago, DD said:

I  don't know about anyone else but when she was teasing boiler room that is the direction I thought she was going... For me the songs aren't going anywhere near what I would consider to be club records and I preferred what was played at the boiler room vs what she has previewed and released so far 

But the songs still sounds good and are fun but the only one that's been a club song imo is von dutch :creep: 

perioddd. she has done nothing but make this album out to be as hard as fuck…

Just now, slayyyngel said:

360 sounds like it could go on nearly any of her albums/projects and fit perfectly with ease like- its so quintessential charli xcx sounding. 

Omg this is what i was thinking like it literally sounds sm like her past work but i couldnt assign it to a project.. i need it NOW

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

360 sounds so cute omg!!! i can definitely hear the sophie influence on this album now 

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

So pretty much confirmed easyfun produced 360. did anyone hear the vocal chop at the end of the snippet that sounds like the one from the 365 boiler room edit?

King Finn opening and closing the album this is modern art :oop: