Fluorine

Charli XCX

the delay is probably because BTR wasnt successful but it still has a chance imo, but wouldn't bringing forward the release make more sense considering Boom Clap went platinum

Ugh... can't believe her.

I used to think she was just like Sky, fighting all the time against being controlled by the label.

I'm loving the music but something feels off.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

This is such an incovenient time but I actually won that contest to see charli's private acoustic performance at my radio station and meet her..

is there anything u guys want me to ask her? I'm still tempted to fight

OMG I don't know if I'd be able to see her in my current state, be brave

Tell her if she adds Mess to the album her entire fanbase will forgive her for the delay and she'll get that hipster praise while retaining her shouty brand! This is honestly so important and everyone in this thread who has met her has IGNORED their opportunity to grill her about it so they could brag about finding her old MySpaces and ask about pointless stuff like Lonely Jaguar. SOMEONE NEEDS TO REMIND HER OF MESS

Also idk if you're a Sky fan but encourage their collab to be vocal and not just songwriting :creep:

everyone in this thread who has met her has IGNORED their opportunity to grill her about it so they could brag about finding her old MySpaces and ask about pointless stuff like Lonely Jaguar

It's just hard to bring up that shit when you're with like 30 other people TRYING to get at most an autograph.

I don't consider that "meeting" someone but I guess everyone else does.

OMG I don't know if I'd be able to see her in my current state, be brave

Tell her if she adds Mess to the album her entire fanbase will forgive her for the delay and she'll get that hipster praise while retaining her shouty brand! This is honestly so important and everyone in this thread who has met her has IGNORED their opportunity to grill her about it so they could brag about finding her old MySpaces and ask about pointless stuff like Lonely Jaguar. SOMEONE NEEDS TO REMIND HER OF MESS

Also idk if you're a Sky fan but encourage their collab to be vocal and not just songwriting :creep:

bruh I wrote her a letter when I met her last fall that talked about the first time I heard her and how everyone on here liked the album

Then I said one of my favorite songs was Mess and she should consider releasing it

Not my fault she seemed shocked someone wrote her a letter :hooker:

BzhmW.png

@@heartbreakhigh Beg her to put SuperLove on a deluxe version of the album? I can't stand non-album singles ;-;

Other than that idk I'm pretty new to Charli and I wouldn't know anything interesting to ask her. I've been reading this thread (I'm at like pg 160~ now) and I know everyone really wants Mess and Midnight (that hasn't leaked yet, has it?) and maybe title track of TR but other than that I'm kinda wet around the ears. CharliBoards is too big, man  :creep:

I listened to 14 yesterday and both mixtapes today and surprisingly I'm preferring 14 to either one. I don't have True Romance yet but I'm planning to get it. Not sure if I'll get Sucker, since I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stan for Charli or not. I'm kind of ambivalent since I'm not totally like YASSSS SLAY MAMA but I do like stuff like You (Ha Ha Ha), Nuclear Seasons, !Francheskaar! (don't laugh  :magikarp: ), Heatwave, sometimes I like Cloud Aura but sometimes it irritates me, Take My Hand, and of course I Love It. A lot of people said True Romance was a grower though so maybe Charli's work in general takes time to digest? She seems cooler than I gave her credit for.

That is more than most new stans do. Kudos.

Turns out I underestimated where I was. Checked my phone and I'm actually at page 257 (what am I doing with  my life). It's been such an emotional ride, honestly. I don't even know half the songs mentioned but I feel like I do from how people talk about them (e.g. I hadn't heard Take My Hand when I started reading the thread but I knew from reading that it's really popular and it's a happy cute song).

It's just hard to bring up that shit when you're with like 30 other people TRYING to get at most an autograph.

I don't consider that "meeting" someone but I guess everyone else does.

Obvi referencing those who...have...and decided to take their time to do those things :dorothy2:

And she can always ignore a letter. Not a confrontation!

@ welcome! You actually seem like someone who singed up to actually contribute to this thread rather than start s*** so yay!!!

I love reading back through the thread from time to time, such good times :flutter: And yes, for me at least, Charli's music in general took a bit of digesting to fully get in to. You'll get there ;)

@@heartbreakhigh

- Mess

- Midnight

- Sky collab

PLEASE BRING UP THESE THREE WE NEED ANSWERS :crying:

H0bDaqU.gif

@@heartbreakhigh

- Mess

- Midnight

- Sky collab

PLEASE BRING UP THESE THREE WE NEED ANSWERS :crying:

These are at the top of my list! I'm definitely going to ask her about Mess and the punk album, and if I'm not being rushed I'll ask her about Midnight, the Sky collab, the yeye pop, Sucker or whatever else I think of... I'm actually excited to meet her, I made her some stuff and gah sorry for being annoying but even though all this stuff with Sucker/new music has been so frustrating to me lately I'm so happy I finally get to meet her

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

These are at the top of my list! I'm definitely going to ask her about Mess and the punk album, and if I'm not being rushed I'll ask her about Midnight, the Sky collab, the yeye pop, Sucker or whatever else I think of... I'm actually excited to meet her, I made her some stuff and gah sorry for being annoying but even though all this stuff with Sucker/new music has been so frustrating to me lately I'm so happy I finally get to meet her

Hopefully she's gotten less awkward in person :rip:

She showed up late to the acoustic record store gig, played less songs than she was going to, and stopped to shop around the store while all of us were waiting and watching her walk around  :deadbanana:

BzhmW.png

@@SitarHero biiiiiitch the 10 seconds I had to talk w her I used to ask her that question about your voodoo doll so don't go shading Godly Jaguar :smokeney:

Thank god we now know what was so easily assumable about the song rather than something more interesting :smokeney:

oh shit. she is right tho. Boom Clap is still doing amazing.

It's back at top 10 on Hot 100 this week (week 38) on Billboard:

Dfqg1ft.png

Radio songs:

Xdo4II2.png

Pop songs:

2B9oJsg.png

Dance Club Songs:

4W6dBTP.png

I mean, it's STILL rising. :toofunny: I'm really happy for her, and I think I can wait till December if it makes her happy enough. I have lots of faves releasing albums in October and November, so I'll make it through the wait. :party:

lABVyGE.png

Mess...

To be honest I would believe that her label encouraged her but not FORCED her, i.e. she realized she would make more money that way so she went with it. But that kind of makes me respect the decision even less so...

I mean I understand being a musician is a job. But like advertising, which I plan to go into, there's a degree of integrity youre expected to maintain. And I don't think she's doing her best to maintain it. She may make more money this way, but why the hell did she not just wait until Boom Clap ran its course before saying for CERTAIN the album will be out October 21st... At this point she already made a promise to her fans and IMO that is compromising her integrity. If it weren't for us she wouldn't be making any money in the first place so it's a low blow.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't punish us for your poor decisions Charlotte.

In a way, we are like investors in a company. And she's not really treating us very well for our investments lol. I've made so many people into Charli fans. I would honestly like to know how many listens, views, and coins she made because of me.

Mess...

To be honest I would believe that her label encouraged her but not FORCED her, i.e. she realized she would make more money that way so she went with it. But that kind of makes me respect the decision even less so...

I mean I understand being a musician is a job. But like advertising, which I plan to go into, there's a degree of integrity youre expected to maintain. And I don't think she's doing her best to maintain it. She may make more money this way, but why the hell did she not just wait until Boom Clap ran its course before saying for CERTAIN the album will be out October 21st... At this point she already made a promise to her fans and IMO that is compromising her integrity. If it weren't for us she wouldn't be making any money in the first place so it's a low blow.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't punish us for your poor decisions Charlotte.

In a way, we are like investors in a company. And she's not really treating us very well for our investments lol. I've made so many people into Charli fans. I would honestly like to know how many listens, views, and coins she made because of me.

I'm not that mad with her, but the thing that really pisses me off is that she promised it. I mean, if the first date was December/January I wouldn't have nothing against it, it's just that we were expecting it before and she promised sooo many times since True Romance that she would be releasing the 2nd album really soon

I said in other post I was angry/upset but I would say it's more like I feel disappointed. I thought she was the kind of artist to fight with the label 

Mess...

It sounds like she's honestly trying to separate herself from True Romance because it's not really what she wanted and she did it to sound cool 

I don't think she cares who she alienates at this stage because it's going from niche to mainstream and success will follow with or without us

BzhmW.png