Fluorine

Charli XCX

I always wonder about the Sucker era... Did she suddenly have a change of heart and decide to push Doing It as a single (to appeal to the charts and become more pop) or was it the labels decision?

Cos she went full pop with XCX World.

I also think that Sucker is much more Charli than True Romance, lyrically songs like Doing It and Famous etc wouldn't sound out of place on XCX World.

She was just an emo teenager, let her be!

The Sucker Outtakes like I Wanna Be Like You (especially this song tbh), Let's Make Love, Mow that Lawn, Japan etc are like some of my fave Charli songs ever. I love Sucker demos and album tracks too, probably cause I find it easy to not take them seriously. 

The Sucker Outtakes like I Wanna Be Like You (especially this song tbh), Let's Make Love, Mow that Lawn, Japan etc are like some of my fave Charli songs ever. I love Sucker demos and album tracks too, probably cause I find it easy to not take them seriously. 

we love taste

kiss kiss hoebag

One of my big problems with Sucker is that its not really even a complete body of work. Its like 3 or 4 songs each from 3 or 4 attempted albums that all got jammed together and marketed as “Pop” but like with some weird semblance of “but its also alternative and edgy” and it just like comes across as very forced to me.

Also just because I dont like Sucker doesnt mean I didnt support. I bought the album on iTunes, bought the Target exclusive CD, and own all 3 vinyl pressings along with the Boom Clap 7”. So I may not like the album but I showed up with my coins to support that era. Some of you cant eveb buy her singles so I don’t want to hear it.

Sucker is a good album but its clearly an album made to please her label, XCX3 is full pop perfection but its futuristic and has its own personality (something Sucker imo lacks) and thats why it was scrapped. Its too way ahead of its time

It was scrapped because y'all fuckin leaked it

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

how many times are we going to go over this, xcx world was not scrapped because of leaks .

We went over this? I thought it was shelved until she got a hit and then it leaked and her label was like well thank god we dont have to release that!

you guys are really acting like charli didn't actively hate true romance during the sucker era...like she's come back around to the opposite opinion now but like, she was constantly shitting on it the whole time. there was an interview from the superlove promo circuit where she was like "i think people want me to make like, another synthpop record and i can't think of anything worse" or something.  literally "sitting on a plastic speedboat in the ultraviolet ocean playing cool songs trying to show off, wow you're awesome" could be about herself, she felt that she was trying way too hard to be cool with the true romance era lol, the choices made in the sucker era weren't so much her being controlled by the label, she just had to tame up the punk album to get it released.

update heres that quote @ 1:10

X----into me, into you----X

you guys are really acting like charli didn't actively hate true romance during the sucker era...like she's come back around to the opposite opinion now but like, she was constantly shitting on it the whole time. there was an interview from the superlove promo circuit where she was like "i think people want me to make like, another synthpop record and i can't think of anything worse" or something. literally "sitting on a plastic speedboat in the ultraviolet ocean playing cool songs trying to show off, wow you're awesome" could be about herself, she felt that she was trying way too hard to be cool with the true romance era lol, the choices made in the sucker era weren't so much her being controlled by the label, she just had to tame up the punk album to get it released.

update heres that quote @ 1:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rBu7ZkvsD4&t=1m5s

Well it happens... TR will be one of my fav albums forever with an unique sound and a nice aesthetic too. That was a classic