Fluorine

Charli XCX

why is she having a meltdown... we want an album album and she knows this :( she keeps giving so much on things that we don't really need - parties, tours, features, etc. we really need this album. she has at least 4 albums worth of songs that were made for a third album at this point. I love her, but this is ridiculous.

this!!

we appreciate all her hard work and all the things she's done to just give us new music and fun stuff... but honestly she could have relaxed a lot more if she just gave us a damn third album. because that's basically what the fans want more.

why is she having a meltdown... we want an album album and she knows this :( she keeps giving so much on things that we don't really need - parties, tours, features, etc. we really need this album. she has at least 4 albums worth of songs that were made for a third album at this point. I love her, but this is ridiculous.

For real though?

I get that XCX World leaked and that was shit, but c'mon Charli. You tease all this new material that you never release and then get pissed when there's a demand for your music?

Sucker era Charli would've been begging people to listen to her music, now you don't want us asking for more?

I'm annoyed but... when the album does come in 2025 and nobody cares she's only got herself and her label to blame.

Screaming @ her defending Atlantic and the budget they give her after you all swore up and down that she hated her label and was a hostage.

atlantic has done this to her a few times... (planning things behind her back) :rip: I still have hope.

Its entirely possible shes playing dumb too. I mean she definatley has an album worth of material, but its probably in her best interest not to announce anything until her label has given her a concrete release date. I’m sure she’s nervous from the last time she announced an album, her label delayed it, and then fans hunted down her engineers, got the files, and leaked the album draft.

Screaming @ her defending Atlantic and the budget they give her after you all swore up and down that she hated her label and was a hostage.

I mean she openly admitted many times during 2016-2017 how much she hated her label and that there was friction between them.

2016: Charli gets mad cos ATAP flopped and her label don't want to push her album.

2018: Charli gets mad cos 1999 is her biggest hit in 4 years and her label are considering pushing her album.

Oh how the tables have turned.

I mean she openly admitted many times during 2016-2017 how much she hated her label and that there was friction between them.

2016: Charli gets mad cos ATAP flopped and her label don't want to push her album.

2018: Charli gets mad cos 1999 is her biggest hit in 4 years and her label are considering pushing her album.

Oh how the tables have turned.

That's why hackers and leakers are our real MVP. Without them we would be in the dark with so many great songs she or her label decided to shelve or cancel.

I don’t like the way she got mad about the features and “partying” ... she doesn’t have to do either of those things

This, partying is not the best way to promote music releases, she parties because she wants to, not because that's the best way people can listen to her songs.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

a bit unrelated but I was just thinking about what a banger Ring could've been and never really knew why Jack Ü disbanded, so I looked it up and this is what diplo said:

"The thing with Jack Ü is complicated, because of Atlantic. Skrillex is signed to that label and it’s difficult to do anything with that. I hate major labels, so I don’t really want to do anything with major labels. So it’s hard.”

(https://www.ravejungle.com/2017/03/15/the-real-reason-why-jack-u-is-over/)

So Atlantic has been the real reason we never will get Ring and we can just add this to the list of issues with the label

I'm gonna pretend she was playing dumb. Also didn't she say something about touring next year?

I am praying she doesn't tour before the album like she did with Sucker. You could tell by the time the album came out she was already sick of singing the songs.

I'm gonna pretend she was playing dumb. Also didn't she say something about touring next year?

yes. she said she was going on a HEADLINING WORLD TOUR next year... and I'm thinking to myself... how is this girl going to go on a world tour singing the mixtape songs and some of her sucker era hits? that's so unrealistic... that's why we need this new album....

Charli: I struggle with touring

But since her Jack + Charli Do America cancellation, she has been a supporting act for Halsey, Sia, and Taylor... 

200.gif

and being an opening act is way more anxiety producing than being a headliner... at least when your a headliner you know people paid money because they want to see YOU

and being an opening act is way more anxiety producing than being a headliner... at least when your a headliner you know people paid money because they want to see YOU

Maybe but being an opener means you’re not responsible for any of the logistics of the tour. So like maybe theres pressure because most of the crowd doesnt know you but theres also little to no pressure because your only job is to show up and preform.

didn't she say something about touring next year?

She did! Her own headline tour! Get ready... to hear I Love It, Fancy, Boom Clap, Break The Rules, Boys, Dirty Sexy Money and 1999 live!

how is this girl going to go on a world tour singing the mixtape songs and some of her sucker era hits? that's so realistic

Setlist confirmed: I Love It, Fancy, Boom Clap, Break The Rules, Vroom Vroom, Boys, Dirty Sexy Money, Girls, Out Of My Head, 5 In The Morning, Girls Night Out, 1999 and a couple of new songs that we'll never hear again

Setlist confirmed: I Love It, Fancy, Boom Clap, Break The Rules, Vroom Vroom, Boys, Dirty Sexy Money, Girls, Out Of My Head, 5 In The Morning, Girls Night Out, 1999 and a couple of new songs that we'll never hear again

Wait that would lowkey bang (minus BTR)?

I will literally never understand how some fans think they're ENTITLED to a 3rd album!! She could literally completely give up her internet presence and only release mixtapes for the rest of her life and I wouldn't blame her. 

Charli: I struggle with touring

But since her Jack + Charli Do America cancellation, she has been a supporting act for Halsey, Sia, and Taylor... 

200.gif

You're saying like this like you've been both a headliner and an opening act 

She probably just does her best to put on a show for the crowd, collects a cute check, and goes on to create more music which is what she's happiest doing (regardless of whether it's called an album or a mixtape)