Fluorine

Charli XCX

Her career's not dead sis, why do stans always act like their faves are broke fat flops if they don't sell 5 billion copies of their newest single and go triple diamond platinum worldwide and on mars...

Who made this tea???

PC music gave Charli a lot of critical acclaim and gave her a niche market (gays)

Sucker killed her career cuz she wasn't able to deliver after Boom Clap & Fancy. All her attempts to appeal to the GP (Break the Rules, Doing It, Famous, Boys, ATAP) fell flat!

Sucker didn't kill her career, it was the beginning of her career as a (mainstream) pop star - if Sucker had've bombed like True Romance then she probably would've been dropped or held in label purgatory for her writing skills. Boom Clap and Fancy were the biggest hits of that era but Doing It went top 10 in the UK, and Break The Rules, After The Afterparty and Boys were all top 40 hits, Boys going viral online.

I understand they couldn't recreate the success of Boom Clap, but to say that era killed her career is false. Her career is only beginning in my opinion, I've mentioned before that Charli is unique in the sense she's had huge success globally with songs - but to the GP she's still an up and coming artist despite being 7 years into her career.

Ultimately without the success of Sucker, it's likely she wouldn't have moved into a more "pop" sound with XCX World, and without that era panning out the way it did we probably would've never have gotten the mixtapes. We should be grateful that she couldn't recreate the success of Sucker, cos the mixtapes were a result of her not being able to get top 10 hits - meaning she could afford to take more risks and be more experimental.

i literally DIE when i remember that when pop 2 dropped i made a post in here saying that it was straight trash and awful ..... and now pop 2 is my most listened to charli project. her mind sometimes

it all grew so much on me too, it really did age like fine wine

I still hate track 10 though lmao BIOYL is the sad bop we deserved :rip:

anyway breaking up is the best song on Sucker

it's up there with Need Ur Luv and Famous

Who made this tea???

my sleep deprived mind KJDFJ did I state facts tho?

track 10 is like the sonic equivalent of an abstract painting, some people swear it's the best thing they've ever heard but it's just a big ugly clusterfuck of noises 

imho track 10 is much sadder than bioyl

Imagine having gone to LA Pride in June of 2016 and watching Charli perform Grins and Round & Round in that pink outfit and then going to the legendary Exchange Concert later that year in October and then being invited to a pool party at a motel in April of 2017 where Charli DJ'd for a bit and played Ring + WGFU and performed Lipgloss with Cupcakke and Brooke Candy to an intimate crowd?? That's the pinnacle of gay life

TEA

kind of. mostly. yes. correct.

It's a shame that the song is too short. Such a bang :trisha:

I also really liked Body of My Own Need Ur Luv and Gold Coins

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: