Fluorine

Charli XCX

Remember this is the woman who said her songwriting meant everything to her and that she'd be nothing without it.

She’s also stated numerous times that she has no ego about singing a song she didn’t write and that there were several songs on Sucker that she didnt write (I’m assuming the label got her credits anyways) as well as Femmebot.

Agree that Atlantic are providing a big amount of freedom for an artist that doesn't make big money aside from her cult fanbase, but to act like charli wanted to release boys is hilarious she was given a list of songs and she picked the one she hated the least for commercial success because Atlantic wanted a pay off after funding her more experimental ventures and it still didn't work. Remember this is the woman who said her songwriting meant everything to her and that she'd be nothing without it.

What's the source for this? Did I miss something?

She also said it isn't very common for her to release songs she didn't write but the video idea for Boys jumped out at her on first listen (I think this was on the "and the songwriter is" podcast.) She later said she doesn't view singing songs she didn't write as a blow to her artistry because it takes talent to deliver the song, but there's also the fact that at end of the day, she still has her songwriting, and a one off hype single doesn't make her defunct. It sounds like you're trying to paint her as a fraud or something, & this is the wrong thread for that. 

↓ This is a post I meant to make back in august but it wouldn't post for some reason

@@BloomForYou The XCX World delays were allegedly partly Charli's fault according to heartcore's recollection of a private conversation he had with the leaker, can you confirm or deny this @@BloomForYou ? He also said Charli's in a 360 deal and can basically never leave.

If Cass, Emily, and Eyelar were commissioned to write for Charli in mid 2017, was it because XCX World was rejected? Is that why the first delay from May to September happened? I remember when Charli was asked on Twitter why the delay happened, and she said something along the lines ''I don't even know who's at fault, I'm just super bummed out." Then after N1A was released, XCX World was delayed a second time from September to "sometime in 2018". Was that because she made N1A without telling her label?

She’s also stated numerous times that she has no ego about singing a song she didn’t write and that there were several songs on Sucker that she didnt write (I’m assuming the label got her credits anyways) as well as Femmebot.

& Secret (Shh), which she seems to like a lot. and she's named this whole wave of Dorian parties "Femmebot Fantasy," which goes along with your point. I think once she actually releases a track, she does a good job of embracing it wholeheartedly. I respect that about her. Obviously, Sucker was a bit of an exception to that, but it's respectable that she tries to get behind the tracks she does go through and release. 

Also guys...TRACKING DOWN THE EXACT HISTORY OF "XCX3" (WHATEVER THAT EVEN MEANS) IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE AND A WASTE OF TIME. 

SERIOUSLY.

THERE WERE SO MANY DRAFTS AND THINGS PLANNED FOR IT AND THEY WERE ALL, FOR WHATEVER UNKOWN REASON, NEVER ACTUALIZED.

She's moved on. We should too. :rip: :Rip: :rip:

What's the source for this? Did I miss something?

She also said it isn't very common for her to release songs she didn't write but the video idea for Boys jumped out at her on first listen (I think this was on the "and the songwriter is" podcast.) She later said she doesn't view singing songs she didn't write as a blow to her artistry because it takes talent to deliver the song, but there's also the fact that at end of the day, she still has her songwriting, and a one off hype single doesn't make her defunct. It sounds like you're trying to paint her as a fraud or something, & this is the wrong thread for that. 

Its well known that there were many songs pitched to charli after atap flopping, I don't see how I'm making her seem like a fraud-our boyfriend,run for your money and all the others were written near the same time and I'm pretty sure others like Bloomforyou can back this up and the writing comments were made in the midst of sucker and true romance so if she didn't write some of the songs on sucker which I didn't know about it makes her comments about people sending her dumb songs (which she hated as as she wanted to write her songs) about "her body being on fire" after the success of boom clap even more ironic but maybe she grew past the songwriting elitism and values different aspects of a song who knows.

We all know she's talented anyway so I hope 1999 leads to a great album.

@champagnecigarettes

(quotes still broken for some reason)

1. yes, it was partly her fault for debuting unreleased music live without permission from the label (including songs that sophie worked on without their knowledge)

2. I don't know what deal she has with Atlantic, but I was under the impression that they wanted "XCX3" to be her best work with them commercially since she could leave after.

3. Cass/Emily/Eyelar were commissioned in Summer 2017 after the second delay of XCX World (May 2017) because of ATAP's poor commercial performance as well as Bounce's negative reception from that TV show performance. they saw continuing to fund & release the original XCX World as a waste of time and money so they were having her record writer demos that they thought would be commercially susceptible to chart higher and get them more money, essentially bringing her back to basic pop which is during the time she said she was extremely depressed (around the release of Boys).

4. the label knew about N1A, but in later 2017 she had moved on from XCX World and begun XCX3 2.0 which will be her actual third album coming sometime before next summer.

@champagnecigarettes

1. yes, it was partly her fault for debuting unreleased music live without permission from the label (including songs that sophie worked on without their knowledge)

2. I don't know what deal she has with Atlantic, but I was under the impression that they wanted "XCX3" to be her best work with them commercially since she could leave after.

3. Cass/Emily/Eyelar were commissioned in Summer 2017 after the second delay of XCX World (May 2017) because of ATAP's poor commercial performance as well as Bounce's negative reception from that TV show performance. they saw continuing to fund & release the original XCX World as a waste of time and money so they were having her record writer demos that they thought would be commercially susceptible to chart higher and get them more money, essentially bringing her back to basic pop which is during the time she said she was extremely depressed (around the release of Boys).

4. the label knew about N1A, but in later 2017 she had moved on from XCX World and begun XCX3 2.0 which will be her actual third album coming sometime before next summer.

This is so interesting. I can’t believe the negative reception to Bounce actually had an impact?

Was the version of No Angel that Sophie produced the one that was intended for the album? That must of been one of the contributing factors if The Invisible Men originally produced. I wonder what other song’s Sophie did or worked on that she wasn’t supposed to

@champagnecigarettes

This is like reading a history textbook... it's so interesting how even a single performance had an effect on the label's view of XCX World but I guess that makes sense.

giphy.gif