Fluorine

Charli XCX

why does Atlantic keep pushing these dumb, kitschy songs like ATAP, Boys, and 1999? They aren't popular in mainstream music 

Songs like White Mercedes and most of N1A/ Pop2 are so much more mature? Even Dreamer sounds more adult and it's still "catchy" 

excuse your mouth

1999 is mainstream af

Yeah, what confuses me is why things are still being teased that were made after all these events supposedly took place (hacks, engineers, Sophie’s contacts)? Like someone else just mentioned, White Mercedes and Dance All Night had snippets leaked only a month after she made them, which was January of this year. Clearly Charli’s security hasn’t been addressed to some extent, right...? I mean, even more people have the new material, and these are people that seemingly didn’t have Charli’s stuff all this time (such as Eclipse).

Eclipse always had charli's stuff! idk but people can access the songs in so many ways that i think it's hard to really know how do they it after all.

Eclipse always had charli's stuff! idk but people can access the songs in so many ways that i think it's hard to really know how do they it after all.

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, I remember he teased all those random songs like Dynamite a few years ago, which I guess he got from whatever publishing site he got all the Lana, Marina etc. at the same time. But it’s weird because he eventually got XCX3 before it leaked and now he has all the 2018 material. I think at one point he really only had a handful of songs but it’s just weird!

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, I remember he teased all those random songs like Dynamite a few years ago, which I guess he got from whatever publishing site he got all the Lana, Marina etc. at the same time. But it’s weird because he eventually got XCX3 before it leaked and now he has all the 2018 material. I think at one point he really only had a handful of songs but it’s just weird!

He probably just traded with Dennis haha.

I think leaks are harmless as long as the leaked songs are demor or scrapped songs (like r&r or the songs that were leaked in august)

The only harmless leaks are demos/her versions of songs that are already released (like issues). Leaking scrapped songs can still be harmfull because she might sell them.

qfrWuBl.png

TBH I just don’t want us to be teased with stuff if we know we aren’t gonna get. It doesn’t help at all because then we crave them for forever. I mean look at us! We all want White Mercedes or Bricks or Attention, Party Party, Party 4 U, Thousand Times, My Heart, Liqour, the Jam City Collab, Hey Boy Hey Girl, the Tears & Tantrums Demo, Candyfloss, etc. It truly is better for us to be in the dark for a lot of this & just let the leaks be surprises. If not we’ll never be happy till everything is leaked & that’s obviously not gonna happen. We might end up having as big as a collection as the Lana one, but it won’t be everything. I mean, we were still craving Round N Round after 2/3 YEARS. I don’t think it’s teall conducive. Things like a possibility of stuff being released should only be teased. Truly scrapped material should only be leaked. Stuff like outtakes from Sucker/True Romance/ Vroom Vroom & the early drafts of XCX3 should only be leaked. Everything made in the past years are basically off limits till the album/mixtape is released. Then we know what’s scrapped! Plus, if everything is leaked at once then what is there to leak. It’s better to leak after each era is over & leak the stuff which is leftovers. Anywho, idk I’m just fed up with everything leaking. Let her rest & just leak the songs you know aren’t gonna come out on the next record or leak past songs which are not ever gonna see the light of day. A good example is Bel Air or those older tracks like Fruit Salad

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

My masculine, near-30, straight-ass self gets DOWN to some 1999... I think it works more than well enough as some good, mainstream radio pop? :toofunny:

Idk, I’m just not ashamed to admit it... which does seem to be a “problem” in the Charli fandom actually. I see dudes crawling out of the dark in comment sections all the time saying things like “guilty pleasure” or “I normally don’t like stuff like this but...” or like “Is it weird that I’m a straight guy and like GNO?”

I see this stuff all the time! Like it could very well be a hurdle in getting Charles to the next level, idk... lol

I don't think he really has them.

TBH I just don’t want us to be teased with stuff if we know we aren’t gonna get. It doesn’t help at all because then we crave them for forever. I mean look at us! We all want White Mercedes or Bricks or Attention, Party Party, Party 4 U, Thousand Times, My Heart, Liqour, the Jam City Collab, Hey Boy Hey Girl, the Tears & Tantrums Demo, Candyfloss, etc. It truly is better for us to be in the dark for a lot of this & just let the leaks be surprises. If not we’ll never be happy till everything is leaked & that’s obviously not gonna happen. We might end up having as big as a collection as the Lana one, but it won’t be everything. I mean, we were still craving Round N Round after 2/3 YEARS. I don’t think it’s teall conducive. Things like a possibility of stuff being released should only be teased. Truly scrapped material should only be leaked. Stuff like outtakes from Sucker/True Romance/ Vroom Vroom & the early drafts of XCX3 should only be leaked. Everything made in the past years are basically off limits till the album/mixtape is released. Then we know what’s scrapped! Plus, if everything is leaked at once then what is there to leak. It’s better to leak after each era is over & leak the stuff which is leftovers. Anywho, idk I’m just fed up with everything leaking. Let her rest & just leak the songs you know aren’t gonna come out on the next record or leak past songs which are not ever gonna see the light of day. A good example is Bel Air or those older tracks like Fruit Salad

Well This is what I said in the past, but I disagree with You, all scrapped material could be uploaded to her website and sell them anyways or with a "special price" and the fans that want more material from her or whatever artist, can be bought and pleasure fan bases! I mean, those songs were created by people whose intention in some point was to get money by selling it to the artist, so it's not entirely fair for them to just leak the songs... 

I totally get your other point that We should all be done with the teasing, that thing a pain in the ass problem cause that happens a lot into PC Music genre, cause it happens with UMRU, A.G. & SOPHIE, HUGE DANNY also... And that's my biggest fair being a PC MUSIC Stan, cause I don't like to hear years and infinite time to live recordings of great songs, I beg a year and a half for Round & Round, and I was devastated when a few months ago Charli told to a FAN that it was dead... 

I'm also a huge EDM, House / Dance Music fan and even there we only wait a few months for the most awaited ID'S so... 

And I'm done with these artists only teasing songs on some live sets and that they feel powerful about having them and not releasing them, I mean... Sophie has all the material to comply her promise about 4 albums this year, but I think it was Her only teasing again and lying about it... Instead we received an Album that the half of the songs were already released months before or played live so many times... Only 3 or 4 songs were completely new so... 

some girls in the year below me travelled to somewhere in the UK for the reputation tour and today they saw me working on my charli tour outfit top so we talked about it and they said they wished Charli was 2nd instead of Camila  :flutter: also that they loooved Charli's outfit 

"Charli really got the crowd pumped like a real warm-up, unlike Camila. She was much more fun and had a lot of energy". :hooker:

They're so lucky who got to see legend Charli

That’s literally not even true, there have been different people and sources responsible for the leaks. the folder with the album draft had other stuff that didn’t get posted, but they got it from a third party if i’m not mistaken. i think they just tricked some engineers into sending it to them hahahaha.

Dennis is a hacker, and a lot of the leaks have come from him, but not all of them.

Y’all are so obsessed with her “Google Drive”...it’s honestly a bit stale at this point. Leaks are complicated lmao. You talk like “the hackers” all hang out all the time and get off on hoarding stuff, like they’re a clique at a high school. Lmao.

You’re missing my point.

My specifics were off on HOW the album leaked but my point still stands. A small population of people who buy/trade unreleased music and obtain it illegally are responsible for her album leaking not her fans. Its annoying that everytime she does an interview, the first thing someone posts on here is a screenshot of her response on how she’s sad and how we should all be ashamed of ourselves as if 1) that person didnt download the leaked album and 2) her fans on this forum illegally stole it from her. It sucks that her album got leaked, but its the responsibility of a very small subset of people (some that arent even Charli fans and just see songs as a form of currency), not the people on this forum.

I only brought up the drive because to my (wrong) understanding thats how it leaked.