Fluorine

Charli XCX

Tbh I’m kind of sick of the whole “we as a fanbase are to blame for the leaks” narrative that has been going on since the album draft leaked in 2017. Literally one person hacked her Google Drive and circulated the tracks between people who trade stolen music like they have any right to have it in the first place. Her fanbase didn’t leak her album, people who get off trading unreleased music did. Its sad that it happned but at the end of the day, her fans clicked a download link that they were given. The hackers could have held onto all those songs for over a year like they did with Taxi & Round n Round but they chose to leak her album draft instead and kept demos to themselves.

right,the hackers are to blame

Tbh I’m kind of sick of the whole “we as a fanbase are to blame for the leaks” narrative that has been going on since the album draft leaked in 2017. Literally one person hacked her Google Drive and circulated the tracks between people who trade stolen music like they have any right to have it in the first place. Her fanbase didn’t leak her album, people who get off trading unreleased music did. Its sad that it happned but at the end of the day, her fans clicked a download link that they were given. The hackers could have held onto all those songs for over a year like they did with Taxi & Round n Round but they chose to leak her album draft instead and kept demos to themselves.

That’s literally not even true, there have been different people and sources responsible for the leaks. the folder with the album draft had other stuff that didn’t get posted, but they got it from a third party if i’m not mistaken. i think they just tricked some engineers into sending it to them hahahaha.

Dennis is a hacker, and a lot of the leaks have come from him, but not all of them.

Y’all are so obsessed with her “Google Drive”...it’s honestly a bit stale at this point. Leaks are complicated lmao. You talk like “the hackers” all hang out all the time and get off on hoarding stuff, like they’re a clique at a high school. Lmao.

Tbh I’m kind of sick of the whole “we as a fanbase are to blame for the leaks” narrative that has been going on since the album draft leaked in 2017. Literally one person hacked her Google Drive and circulated the tracks between people who trade stolen music like they have any right to have it in the first place. Her fanbase didn’t leak her album, people who get off trading unreleased music did. It's sad that it happened but at the end of the day, her fans clicked a download link that they were given. The hackers could have held onto all those songs for over a year like they did with Taxi & Round n Round but they chose to leak her album draft instead and kept demos to themselves.

a common misconception is that 1 person is to blame for all of the leaks, so let me clarify:

- yes, 1 person hacked her. this same person teased/leaked tons of old songs, specifically 2010-2014 songs/demos. none of the sophie, AG, or XCX World songs were in her drive, which is why they didn't tease them (they didn't have them nor claimed to).

- the same 2 people that were teasing the sophie songs/demos for almost a whole year obtained them through a mutual friend with sophie herself, none of these songs were hacked although teased hundreds of times in minuscule snippets until they "got out" into 'traders' and quickly leaked thereafter. 

- XCX World came from a separate source illegally and the songs were sold tons of times until unfortunately making their way to the public.

so it's inaccurate when you guys say "the hackers should've held onto it" because it was different people, but yes, it's unfair to blame the whole fanbase for actions of a handful of people.

yeah, leaks are a mess. & anybody can leak a song. Hell, I leaked a couple Lana songs back in the day :toofunny:

but I really wish these people would show more respect for Charli’s work & not tease or even spread news about her current work... like I think some of the singles she dropped this past summer could have performed better if we’d been genuinely surprised of their release the way Charli intended :(

14417469274.gif

also the "interview": http://www.papermag.com/charli-xcx-pop-cult-2616598843.html?rebelltitem=41#rebelltitem41

pop hell would be a nice title for xcx3 tbh

"It's really soul-destroying, you spend all this time working in the studio and it gets taken away from you and put out to the world in a state that you don't really want it to be in," she says. "It's also damaging because maybe I was pitching those songs to other artists or I was maybe going to collaborate with another artist on one of those songs and now they don't want to do because it's online."

:ohno: 

I obviously feel bad for Charli but she is also her worst enemy. 

why the fuck would you put ur album on a GOOGLE DRIVE????? And then play them from said google drive in a filmed interview???

idk it seems like she is very relaxed with security and also sends/ plays her music for a lot of people... she may not be a HUGE POP STAR but there is demand for her work...

like how have White Mercedes and other new tracks leaked in LQ??? They weren't even on the Drive???? 

The 5 Commandments of Pop Hell :legend:

Rule #1: Be Cunty

Rule #2: Be Kind

Rule #3: Britney Spears is God

Rule #4: You are only allowed to listen to Charli, SOPHIE, A.G., or Britney.

Rule #5: Treat others as you would want to be treated, but also be the baddest bitch.

New forum rules everybody!! xoxo

14417469274.gif

I obviously feel bad for Charli but she is also her worst enemy. 

why the fuck would you put ur album on a GOOGLE DRIVE????? And then play them from said google drive in a filmed interview???

idk it seems like she is very relaxed with security and also sends/ plays her music for a lot of people... she may not be a HUGE POP STAR but there is demand for her work...

like how have White Mercedes and other new tracks leaked in LQ??? They weren't even on the Drive???? 

very good point but I don't think she was thinking it all through, like "if I play this 1 song in this interview I'll get hacked and it'll leak!" you know? it was an "in the moment" type of thing. we can bet for sure that anything she records since January will be heavily protected.

very good point but I don't think she was thinking it all through, like "if I play this 1 song in this interview I'll get hacked and it'll leak!" you know? it was an "in the moment" type of thing. we can bet for sure that anything she records since January will be heavily protected.

true, I just wanna know what her password was lol

i don't get this either...

what hurts her the most, i believe, are leaking the tracks that she's currently working on to put out or tracks she just recorded, like white mercedes that i believe had snippets leaked a few weeks after she recorded it, like... why??

attention, better when you're gone, mona lisa, rain over london etc is somewhere in the hands of people that are not charli's nor charli's team, how??

well, it's over now... the album leaked, it got scrapped and we cant go back in time so there's basically no point of being sad and having regrets about it cause deep down we all enjoyed the leaks anyways so, i feel sorry for her, yeah, but leaks happen all the time it's something no one can really control. 

I think leaks are harmless as long as the leaked songs are demor or scrapped songs (like r&r or the songs that were leaked in august)

same, i'll be here begging for leaks? yes i will, but from songs that i know she's no longer working on it or scrapped/pitched and it's been released (i.e. tears & tantrums)

why does Atlantic keep pushing these dumb, kitschy songs like ATAP, Boys, and 1999? They aren't popular in mainstream music 

Songs like White Mercedes and most of N1A/ Pop2 are so much more mature? Even Dreamer sounds more adult and it's still "catchy" 

Yeah, what confuses me is why things are still being teased that were made after all these events supposedly took place (hacks, engineers, Sophie’s contacts)? Like someone else just mentioned, White Mercedes and Dance All Night had snippets leaked only a month after she made them, which was January of this year. Clearly Charli’s security hasn’t been addressed to some extent, right...? I mean, even more people have the new material, and these are people that seemingly didn’t have Charli’s stuff all this time (such as Eclipse).