Fluorine

Charli XCX

this isn't true lol. she was going to drop an additional compilation of b-sides/demos on a wetransfer link (with taxi, HBHG, etc) alongside the release of N1A but once her label found out about this (after she had told some fans) they wouldn't let her do it even though the songs were never going to be released. :rip:

I vaguely remember that!! Because for a while I was like “ok Charli mentioned the WeTransfer link but.... where is it?”

this isn't true lol. she was going to drop an additional compilation of b-sides/demos on a wetransfer link (with taxi, HBHG, etc) alongside the release of N1A but once her label found out about this (after she had told some fans) they wouldn't let her do it even though the songs were never going to be released. :rip:

Remember when we almost got the exchange songs then FckYeahCharli posted a screenshot of their convo with her about it and ruined it for everyone. Honestly the nerve that they have chastising people about the leaks........

this is exactly how i remember everything, but since i was being ganged up on i wanted to check in once more

feel free to jump in and drag with me! https://www.reddit.com/r/charlixcx/comments/a7jm6k/the_number_1_angel_tracklist_that_should_have_been/

Omg that person is insane.......”You’re talking to a superfan” “you’re dismissing my reality”.........Reddit gays are another breed.........

I wonder if the exchange show had never happened where we’d be. I feel like she would have been hacked anyways and those songs would have surfaced sooner.

Hmmm, unsure. I imagine people only hacked her cos they wanted the songs, she said they weren't being released and played them in full giving fans an appetite for them (self inflicted). It seems that they got some of the exchange songs alongside XCX3 and that's when things derailed. Still so strange to me that the people who hacked her went ahead and leaked the whole album a month before it's apparent release. Like fuck. Why didn't they wait til September to see if the album was coming, before ruining it completely for her.

I for one am so glad that the Exchange show happened, it really defined the N1A era, the red coat, the new moody production, the no fucks given vibe, it was really a peak for her.

Hmmm, unsure. I imagine people only hacked her cos they wanted the songs, she said they weren't being released and played them in full giving fans an appetite for them (self inflicted). It seems that they got some of the exchange songs alongside XCX3 and that's when things derailed. Still so strange to me that the people who hacked her went ahead and leaked the whole album a month before it's apparent release. Like fuck. Why didn't they wait til September to see if the album was coming, before ruining it completely for her.

I for one am so glad that the Exchange show happened, it really defined the N1A era, the red coat, the new moody production, the no fucks given vibe, it was really a peak for her.

The Exchange show was exactly 4 months before N1A came out, it wasnt part of the N1A era. The only similarity was that she wore the red coat during some of the show. The leak of XCX3 didn’t happen until August of 2017, a full 9 months after the Exchange show. My point was that the Exchange demos most likely would have leaked with or before the rest of the album had there not been such an extreme demand from her fans for those songs since she performed them live.

The Exchange show was exactly 4 months before N1A came out, it wasnt part of the N1A era. The only similarity was that she wore the red coat during some of the show. The leak of XCX3 didn’t happen until August of 2017, a full 9 months after the Exchange show. My point was that the Exchange demos most likely would have leaked with or before the rest of the album had there not been such an extreme demand from her fans for those songs since she performed them live.

Yeah but she was really defining her image around the time of the Exchange show and I'm glad that it carried out into the N1A era.

And I was just saying that maybe if she hadn't have performed them at Exchange and stated that they were scrapped then they might not have leaked, people wouldn't have known of there existence and therefore might not have hacked her.

I didn't word the bit about the leaks very well, obviously people got some of the Exchange songs, and they then went on to hack her again and get XCX3. Maybe if she hadn't have done Exchange then XCX3 might have never leaked.

well with that exchange gig,i meant that it made us hungry for new music, what would happen sooner or later if that gig had never happened. but we wouldnt know about hbhg for example so i dunno what would be worse