Fluorine

Charli XCX

I'm dumb, but was XCX World an intentional reference to Spice World or just coincidence? We know she loves the Spice Girls, she thanked them in the Sucker credits, covered Wannabe with Halsey, said they've influenced her music (see Girls Night Out) and now Spicy...

If I’m being honest I liked some of the XCX World stuff quite a bit, but a lot of it really suffered from “demoitis” IMO... I think this album will surpass it. If Gone is a good indicator for the quality, we’re in for a really nice era! :defeated:

I mean, there’s not too much of a reason to doubt her with the consistency of her work, and mixtapes especially. BIOYL was a song we’ve all been aware of for forever now, it’s only natural that it didn’t bring a ton of new hype and excitement. In more ways than one really. It was new, but it wasn’t... and there’s still a lot of unheard stuff coming.

If I’m being honest I liked some of the XCX World stuff quite a bit, but a lot of it really suffered from “demoitis” IMO... I think this album will surpass it. If Gone is a good indicator for the quality, we’re in for a really nice era!

Honestly same, I enjoyed XCX World but it would have flopped hard, it's likely the new album won't have much of an impact but she seems to have more of a devoted fan base than she did coming off the back of Sucker.

I'm pleased we got to hear the unreleased album, but I imagine that would've been the last we would've heard from her in a long time. I think she'd be held at the label as a writer. Now she seems to have much more freedom and say in her career... I'm very excited for this album, even if it does flop.

yall really think xcx3 is coming? so was xcxworld until it wasn't...

It's weird cos I don't really remember any buzz or mention of XCX World in 2016... Like I just remember After The Afterparty being dropped then her saying the album coming in May... Maybe I've blocked it out but that era never seemed like it was gonna happen aha

Besides Bounce, all I remember was that one interview where she confirmed there was a collab with a big male artist (will.i.am) and that she wanted Girls Night Out to be the second single - I think she also said Waterfall was her stripper song and Can You Hear Me? was the ballad. But that was just one interview at the very beginning... late 2016 throughout 2017 was just "coming soon".

It's weird cos I don't really remember any buzz or mention of XCX World in 2016... Like I just remember After The Afterparty being dropped then her saying the album coming in May... Maybe I've blocked it out but that era never seemed like it was gonna happen aha

there was a video going around of her repeating for a year straight that she had a new album

i clearly remember her saying something like "it's very pop" 

i don't trust her, until she doesn't open pre-orders and drops a cover/title for me xcx3 doesn't exist

and tbh im not even that much invested bc i haven't heard gone or 2099 and both 1999 and bioyl are boring (bioyl is good but you know what i mean)

yall really think xcx3 is coming?? fjdkjfjfdfldklfjdks so was xcxworld until it wasn't...

DMgxTPZVQAEV18M.jpg

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Honestly same, I enjoyed XCX World but it would have flopped hard, it's likely the new album won't have much of an impact but she seems to have more of a devoted fan base than she did coming off the back of Sucker.

I'm pleased we got to hear the unreleased album, but I imagine that would've been the last we would've heard from her in a long time. I think she'd be held at the label as a writer. Now she seems to have much more freedom and say in her career... I'm very excited for this album, even if it does flop.

Ahh I have a feeling that Charles is really coming for us this time!

Also, does anyone get the feeling that she’s been really working at this album for a long time? Obviously she kinda has, with the OG XCX3 draft and stuff, but she makes it sound like she’s kinda just whipped an album together in the last couple of months. I feel like she’s really been working on these songs and the tracklisting for a while and that we’re in for something really good, idk why...

I mean BIOYL is practically proof of that... it’s an older track and it wasn’t even on the initial draft so, yeah. Maybe she’s really put a lot of prolonged effort into this thing. Who knows?

I'm dumb, but was XCX World an intentional reference to Spice World or just coincidence? We know she loves the Spice Girls, she thanked them in the Sucker credits, covered Wannabe with Halsey, said they've influenced her music (see Girls Night Out) and now Spicy...

Thats what I always assumed! First time I heard it I instantly thought it must be a Spice Girls reference..

well, she said it was coming out in 2016, and then specifically May 2016, then July, then September, then the end of the year, and then 2017. then.....everything happened

lABVyGE.png

Yall so negative, i hope she never read these things

I wouldn't say it's negative it's just preparing ourselves for the worst or being aware that we've been here before...

We had After The Afterparty (and it underperformed like Blame It On Your Love has), yes she performed new material like Gone and 2099 but we also had Bounce and Girls Night Out performances last time around. I don't want history to repeat itself, I want this album as much as everyone but it could happen.

XCX World was ready to go, artwork, tracklist complete and she knew what the singles would be etc. We even had a vague release date at the beginning of the era (May 2017)… Everything seemed to be great.

I know she's mentioned "album" more this time around and she said she'd feed us for 5 months with new music but that just reminds her of her "planning 2016 releases like" and "tagging Atlantic so they know what's good... you're gonna get so much new music you'll be sick of me" in 2018 posts. Neither of which led to an album.

Yall so negative, i hope she never read these things

People in here literally waited til midnight in New Zealand bc they thought BIOYL was being released with no promo and surprisingly it didn’t... this thread has a history of hyping itself up for things that have never come, so I’m just saying instead of building house of cards to wait for the actual album reveal

Xcx World was a good concept but lets face that it was very flat besides the highlights ctmp taxi no angel (sophie) gno and G&G + the photoshoot which was HEAVEN. She was clearly not ready with that. I hope this new album brings pop anthems and cute sad bops