Fluorine

Charli XCX

She's not just going to abandon BIOYL. You guys don't realize that single promotion isn't just the week of release, and then drop it. She's extending the video release to have more longevity and another shot at gaining some attention. I mean it probably won't be a smash but it'll probably get sent to more radio stations and get some more streams as well

She's not just going to abandon BIOYL. You guys don't realize that single promotion isn't just the week of release, and then drop it. She's extending the video release to have more longevity and another shot at gaining some attention. I mean it probably won't be a smash but it'll probably get sent to more radio stations and get some more streams as well

It’s not 2001 anymore...you can’t just drop a song and then the video a few weeks later. You got to maintain that momentum during that short period of time and keep it running

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

It’s not 2001 anymore...you can’t just drop a song and then the video a few weeks later. You got to maintain that momentum during that short period of time and keep it running

? she just released a collab with the biggest boy band of our time which was global, she released a song with Diplo, has been teasing songs with c&tq/troye — she has her marbles in so many diff areas. the video will drop and she’s gonna announce the album after that. all of this timing, to me, seems like the best she’s done as far as promo and exposure since 2014.

? she just released a collab with the biggest boy band of our time which was global, she released a song with Diplo, has been teasing songs with c&tq/troye — she has her marbles in so many diff areas. the video will drop and she’s gonna announce the album after that. all of this timing, to me, seems like the best she’s done as far as promo and exposure since 2014.

idk ~to me~ she’s doing a lot but it doesn’t feel like promotion. Personally I feel like her teasing Gone and 2099 by playing them live may be building hype for her fans, but I feel like there really hasn't been much promotion of BIOYL beyond the first couple of days it came out. She doesn’t tweet about it anymore (neither does Lizzo), it doesn’t seem like its being sent to radio (not her call I know), and shes not really doing press tours (I know she hates them but they do work). I just feel like she does a better job at clearly promoting Nasty Cherry than any of her own material. Maybe shes holding back until the album but it just feels like she forgot about her lead single a week after it came out.

Just because she’s working a lot it doesn’t mean she’s promoting her stuff a lot. As kill for love said, she has been able to promote Unpleasant Charcoal way more than she is now doing with her own stuff

I

15 songs and 14 features? Sis, just call it a mixtape. 

She's already said that she considers Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 as albums, and the only reason they were called mixtapes was so she could release them quicker, not because of the amount of features. Remember, she sees herself as a curator now, bringing different people together to create something special. I don't see an issue with the features, considering some of her best tracks have a feature. I'm sure there will be solo tracks on the album anyways. Also, this doesn't mean that each song will have just one feature, so some tracks could have two or three features in them; so don't start moaning about the album having one solo track because that won't be the case. 

giphy.gif