3. What I Like

4. Take My Hand

5. Dance 4 U

6. Moments in Love

7. Dreams Money Can Buy

8. Grins

9. Cloud Aura

10. So Far Away/Set Me Free

You said you didn't really like Sucker so I'm surprised your all time favorites are Caught in the Middle and Doing it.. Caught in the Middle seems like such filler... That's why I was surprised a big name produced it.

1) Lock You Up

2) Stay Away

3) You're the One

4) Grins

5) Black Roses

6) I'll Never Know

7) What I Like

8) Nuclear Seasons

9) Glow

10) Need Ur Luv maybe? I feel obligated to put at least one Sucker track in it.

It wasn't easy... The songs or the order. But those are definitely 10 of my favorites. Valentine, Body of My Own, You, SuperLove, Take My Hand. and Cuts Like Diamonds are also super important. (And Allergic to Love it actually grew on me and made me wish Sucker was more like it. I can't not move to that song)

You said you didn't really like Sucker so I'm surprised your all time favorites are Caught in the Middle and Doing it.. Caught in the Middle seems like such filler... That's why I was surprised a big name produced it.

Those were the only two songs I purchased from the album. A few other songs on Sucker are decent, but not worth purchasing. A few are downright terrible. If you take a close look at my list, you'll see that almost all of the songs have an r&b or hip hop influence. Take My Hand is the only one that is really out of place. I'm waiting to hear Charli chant "Drop that kitty down low" on Ty Dollar $ign's record.  :)

Those were the only two songs I purchased from the album. A few other songs on Sucker are decent, but not worth purchasing. A few are downright terrible. If you take a close look at my list, you'll see that almost all of the songs have an r&b or hip hop influence. Take My Hand is the only one that is really out of place. I'm waiting to hear Charli chant "Drop that kitty down low" on Ty Dollar $ign's record. :)

I noticed but it makes me kind of surprised you're such a big Charli fan because she definitely doesn't do that kind of music often.

I noticed but it makes me kind of surprised you're such a big Charli fan because she definitely doesn't do that kind of music often.

well all of Super Ultra and like half of True Romance... plus some of her unreleased? She might not do that kind of music a lot now but she definitely used to!!

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

well all of Super Ultra and like half of True Romance... plus some of her unreleased? She might not do that kind of music a lot now but she definitely used to!!

Exactly. Unless she changes her mind, her next album will be even more urban. Charli wanted to be a rapper, and it shows with all of the semi-rapping she did on True Romance. 

Exactly. Unless she changes her mind, her next album will be even more urban. Charli wanted to be a rapper, and it shows with all of the semi-rapping she did on True Romance. 

I don't think out of this world, electronic j-pop = urban but alright. When you say urban I think of Unapologetic/DJ Mustard/Slave 4 U 

BzhmW.png

She said that her next album will be more urban than anything she's done before. There is probably going to be a mix of urban and J-pop, but it's not as if electronic music can't be urban (glitch hop, dubstep, trip hop, deep house, etc). The music the Neptunes produced was spacy and electronic. Trap music is electronic and futuristic. Some of the J-pop artists sing R&B and urban pop. 

She's actually "over" Sucker already, since the songs have been in her life for a year, and she's far along on her next album: "It's super-hyper-real, like Care Bears, J-pop-inspired, but also more urban than anything I've done before."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/charli-xcx-up-all-night-with-2014s-breakout-pop-star-20141212?page=3

Hmm idk that's not really what I think of as Urban. Only really Cloud Aura, What I Like, and So Far Away, (and some of her mixtape stuff). Mostly I think of it as just electronic and experiential pop. But I also don't really know what "urban" means.

Hmm idk that's not really what I think of as Urban. Only really Cloud Aura, What I Like, and So Far Away, (and some of her mixtape stuff). Mostly I think of it as just electronic and experiential pop. But I also don't really know what "urban" means.

Urban has been used as a catch-all term for contemporary music made by African Americans and people from the Caribbean: hip hop/rap, r&b, soul, reggae/dancehall, and reggaeton. The Grammys used to have an urban/alternative category that didn't really make any sense. Mostly neo-soul artists were nominated in that category when they would have fit perfectly fine in the R&B category (and more so than the pop acts that were put there just because they're black), but some difficult to classify acts were also put in there. Kelis' "Milkshake" was nominated in the urban/alternative category. I wouldn't categorize "Milkshake" as hip hop or R&B, but it's definitely influenced by those genres. Therefore, I would call it urban.  

This is what Wikipedia has to say.

Urban contemporary is a music radio format. The term was coined by New York DJ Frankie Crocker in the mid-1970s. Urban contemporary radio stations feature a playlist made up entirely of hip hopR&Bgrimeelectronic dance music such as dubstepUK garage and drum and bass (often with hip hop vocalists or rappers), and Caribbean music such as reggaedancehallreggaetonzoukbouyon, and sometimes Soca(In Toronto, London, New York City, Boston and Miami). Urban contemporary was developed through the characteristics of genres such as R&Band soul.[1] Virtually all urban contemporary formatted radio stations are located in cities that have sizeable African-American populations, such as New York CityAtlantaChicagoWashington, D.C.PhiladelphiaDetroitClevelandCincinnatiDallasHoustonSan FranciscoLos AngelesBaltimoreMemphisBostonNew OrleansLouisvilleIndianapolisColumbus, OHOklahoma City, and Charlotte.

The term "urban contemporary" is heavily associated with African-American music, particularly for Contemporary R&B in African-American contexts. For Latin Americans, the music is more Latin urban, such as ReggaetonLatin hip hop and Bachatón. Their playlists are dominated by singles by top-selling hip hop and R&B performers. On occasion, an urban contemporary station will play classic soul songs from the '70s and early '80s to satisfy the earlier end of the genre.

Most Urban formatted stations such as KJLHKPRSKMELKDAY, and WVEE will play gospel music or urban contemporary gospel music on Sundays.

Mainstream urban is a branch of urban contemporary, and rhythmic contemporary is also a branch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_contemporary

lets talk about these outfits tho....  :teehee:

B6HENvQCAAAItce.jpg    B6SF-1dIcAAlFAQ.jpg

I hate the Boom Clap gown, love the black/gold one it's so beautiful. 

But I really want her to STOP performing Boom Clap/Break The Rules, she needs a new single 

qqAZ3mU.png

if you haven't bought Sucker yet, Target has it for $4.99 this week :rip:

if you haven't bought Sucker yet, Target has it for $4.99 this week :rip:

Time to spend a little less for my semi-problematic fave :creep:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1