TR:

1. You (Ha Ha Ha)

2. Lock You Up

3. Stay Away

4. How Can I

5. Set Me Free / Cloud Aura

Other:

1. Valentine

2. So Far Away (H&E, with The Craft intro)

3. Neon fashion & Glowstix

4. Art Bitch

5. A Princess Song

All time:

1. You (Ha Ha Ha)

2. Valentine

3. Lock You Up

4. Stay Away

5. So Far Away (H&E, with The Craft intro)

Lyrically, my favourites would have to be "Art Bitch," "Princess Song," (Sorry Jake - it was on MySpace as this too) the bridge of "Lock You Up," and possibly "Valentine." 

The production on "Take My Hand," in and of itself, makes it its own masterpiece. And the way the backing vocals on "Nuclear Seasons" (Oh A, Oh Oh A, Oh Oh!) are executed deserves special mention, because they're fantastic. "Lock You Up" has a lot of really weak lyrics, as Pitchfork was quick to point out in their review of the record, but it honestly cannot be counted off for this because its writing is so incredible. It's such a simple hook, but the way she uses it makes it seem anthemic and earnest as a Pop song could possibly be. "Feel My Pain" is one of her most melodramatic songs, and I miss the extra, gorgeous percussion we have in the sampler version, but the remarkable spoken bridge really makes it up for me. 

"Mess" and "Lonely Jaguar" deserve special mention here, because from what we've heard of both of them, they're both really awesome. "Mess" is such a frenzy - a green, slitering, jumping, jungle-y monster of a song. "Lonely Jaguar" is elegant and well thought through, much like a cat, but exhibits additional qualities of emotion that can't be overlooked. 

Don't forget "The Killing Moon" - probably the best cover she'll ever do - and "Jungle." The lyrics of "Jungle" are beautiful even in the butchered recording we have, but I am certain the original is far more incredible. If only we could get Phaeleh to give it to us... :deadbanana:

And guys, both "Beach Hut in Hawaii" and "Fearless" are already online, someone uploaded them to Sharebeast. I think it's silly to keep pretending it's unreleased when they're already available for download. I won't send the direct link but you guys can use this so it will Google it for you in a way you'll find the songs.

nobody's even mentioned those songs in like forever, lmao how are we pretending?

I love "Do It Well" and "Dinosaur Sex" and "Photography." :flutter:

And guys, both "Beach Hut in Hawaii" and "Fearless" are already online, someone uploaded them to Sharebeast. I think it's silly to keep pretending it's unreleased when they're already available for download. I won't send the direct link but you guys can use this so it will Google it for you in a way you'll find the songs.

They're rather LQ versions though, higher quality ones do exist

BzhmW.png

nobody's even mentioned those songs in like forever, lmao how are we pretending?

I never said "we" are pretending? Also, people have mentioned the songs a lot in here (five times at least). If they had never surfaced, I wouldn't even say anything, but they leaked nearly one month ago and people still think it's unreleased. I understand what you mean, though.

They're rather LQ versions though, higher quality ones do exist

I'm just mentioning these files leaked. Unless someone managed to get song files, they'll always be MySpace rips anyways.

:facepalm:

Anyway, something for everyone to lust over: http://downtownmusicservices.com/artists/2633

Nuclear Seasons/Stay Away have been there a while, but it seems the other ones were added recently.

Does it mean there's possibly a promo CD with all the instrumentals on it? They all sound so good judging by the real songs. :flutter:

A new title was just registered on both ASCAP and Harry Fox!  :excited: 

I kinda doubt it's the Marina collab, but the fact it was only just uploaded makes me curious - 

What even is it? 

It's co-written with Gary Go and Ludwig Goransson, neither of whom I've heard of previously...I'll do some digging and see if there's any info of them working with her previously. o_O

Oh, and lest I forget, the title is "I'm Not Sorry." :P

A new title was just registered on both ASCAP and Harry Fox!  :excited: 

I kinda doubt it's the Marina collab, but the fact it was only just uploaded makes me curious - 

What even is it? 

It's co-written with Gary Go and Ludwig Goransson, neither of whom I've heard of previously...I'll do some digging and see if there's any info of them working with her previously. o_O

Oh, and lest I forget, the title is "I'm Not Sorry." :P

Maybe a re-release is comming? 

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Is it blasphemy to change "I Love It" to Charli XCX feat. Icona Pop? :hillary:

I don't think so! I just keep it under Icona Pop because it was included on an EP by them.

Am I the only one who likes the Daytrotter version of "Wires" much better than studio? :hillary:

Is it blasphemy to change "I Love It" to Charli XCX feat. Icona Pop? :hillary:

YES. As a fellow swedish citizen I feel like it's my duty to help and support them on this forum  :read:

(Even though that's probably the only song I've ever heard them do and I prefer Charli more)  :hillary:

EQFO7rX.png

Okay you guys may think I'm crazy for asking this but when do you think we'll get another album? I mean think about it, more than half of True Romance wasnt new and you know she must have/be working in other material at the moment.

Thoughts?

H0bDaqU.gif