Fluorine

Charli XCX

she's in contract hell

she's spent the past 3 years cementing herself as one of pop's biggest songwriters, making an entire documentary about how exhausting it is to be a female in the music industry and constantly questioned about whether or not she writes her songs, won the SESAC Songwriter of the Year award last year  and somehow her contract/label believes that the best marketing strategy for her is to release a tepid tropical-sounding song that she didn't even write? would really love to know the logic there.

X----into me, into you----X

she's spent the past 3 years cementing herself as one of pop's biggest songwriters, making an entire documentary about how exhausting it is to be a female in the music industry and constantly questioned about whether or not she writes her songs, won the SESAC Songwriter of the Year award last year and somehow her contract/label believes that the best marketing strategy for her is to release a tepid tropical-sounding song that she didn't even write? would really love to know the logic there.

shaking. my. head.

it's honestly really sad how bad her music has become- not so much N1A, but bounce, atap, boys, and some, if not most, of the other pc music stuff. sad how many writers boys has and it's not even a remotely decent song. sigh!

pc music is honestly a dead meme at this point and as a writer, she's capable of SO MUCH MORE- she has been since 14. these new songs are just totally vapid. at least on sucker there were empowering songs and clever metaphors, but from vroom vroom and onwards it seems she's just lost her touch totally.

boys boys boys cute boys sexy boys partying- it's really boring and uninteresting to me at least, especially considering her MASTERPIECE lyrics on the whole of true romance and many unreleased songs. even her vocals have taken a nose dive, she just sounds like she's trying to sound like gwen stefani now.

honestly i've been a stan since before true romance even dropped, but she is completely losing me. basic music for basic gays at this point, no depth.

i hope this pc music stuff ends after her next album, at least we'll have no angel (hopefully). synth/punk charli where you at?

rant over!

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

I don't like the baby voice she's doing lately especially since her voice is quite husky and low live yet she's always tried to make herself a mezzo soprano or even a soubrette but tbh she's more like a light contralto naturally she should try to develop it.

Or maybe its just her singing very nasal live

Unpopular opinion: After the Afterparty is not nearly as bad as all of you make it out to be

After the Afterparty works on the level of a Yachty track, with its nursery-rhyme melodies and hedonistic themes...as a Charli XCX track, she made better songs in 2009. 

X----into me, into you----X

So i'm guessing nothing more will come from the email hack :rip: grateful for those snippets we got though (if those were in fact from the hack)

in other news I think Boys is really cute, I like it much more than ATAP and i think it'll be a nice album track on XCX3. I just hope we can finally get the ball rolling with this song and start some sort of a normal album cycle.

H0bDaqU.gif