lflflflflflflflflflf

[Pre-order] Lana Del Rey Lyrics Anthology BOOK

LANA DEL REY LYRICS ANTHOLOGY

(Preview) A book that includes lyrics to every Lana Del Rey song including unreleased! Inspired by the tour lyrics book, this bible contains over 200 pages of lyrics and coloured images. Pledge towards the print of an initial run of 100 copies and pre-order on KickStarter!

tumblr_noixsii8aG1qerg8so1_1280.pngtumblr_noixsii8aG1qerg8so2_1280.png

Great idea and really creative. I just hope nothing comes back to bite you in the ass, make sure you have appropriate permission to reprint the photographs (it will take a lot more time but may be worth sourcing those that are public domain or can be used freely according to creative commons attributions) and lyrics as many will be copyright. 

this, you have to apply for a license even to print lyrics... and I doubt you'll be doing that for 200 songs. 

It's self printing it in a small run. If I printed all the lyrics from my printer and then sold it to a friend no copyright lawyer would bat an eyelid. Just because it's bound into the form of a book with some images doesn't mean I'm stealing business from her record label lol. My Lana T-shirts didn't run into any snags and I sold that for an entire summer.

If people want the book then they'll pledge, if they don't no need to bark all these copyright stuff @ me I haven't touched anyone's money yet and nothing has been physically printed. They can't sue me for an idea.

It's self printing it in a small run. If I printed all the lyrics from my printer and then sold it to a friend no copyright lawyer would bat an eyelid. Just because it's bound into the form of a book with some images doesn't mean I'm stealing business from her record label lol. My Lana T-shirts didn't run into any snags and I sold that for an entire summer.

If people want the book then they'll pledge, if they don't no need to bark all these copyright stuff @ me I haven't touched anyone's money yet and nothing has been physically printed. They can't sue me for an idea.

Even if it has not been physically printed, just using the images online could get you into trouble (I work for a company who posted an image on their blog and got fined $600). Because you are raising  money and planning to sell this, I can tell you people will be looking out for this kind of thing and will tell you to pay or sue you (even if it never prints).

LDR_tropico_gif.gif

I agree, these small printings are pretty low-key.

Just taking a quick look at eBay, etsy, etc., you can see that There are tons of fakes on eBay (for many artists)and are blatant copyright infringements that are mass produced, reproductions of official work, at a lower price.

This kind of e-mail and paypal/kinda fan-art, private correspondance is different than say, the eBay listing with every Lana album and a concert DVD for $12 with 100+ available copies for $12. This happens all the time for soap operas, rare tv shows, you just have to look around.

I agree, these small printings are pretty low-key.

Just taking a quick look at eBay, etsy, etc., you can see that There are tons of fakes on eBay (for many artists)and are blatant copyright infringements that are mass produced, reproductions of official work, at a lower price.

This kind of e-mail and paypal/kinda fan-art, private correspondance is different than say, the eBay listing with every Lana album and a concert DVD for $12 with 100+ available copies for $12. This happens all the time for soap operas, rare tv shows, you just have to look around.

agreed but putting it on kickstarter would invite more scrutiny 

LDR_tropico_gif.gif

Isnt that forbidden? I mean, a guy try to sell a CD fan and supporters ban him, and now Moy is trying to sell a book that he doesnt whrote... Please consider LDR work... That should be illegal, just saying...

Isnt that forbidden? I mean, a guy try to sell a CD fan and supporters ban him, and now Moy is trying to sell a book that he doesnt whrote... Please consider LDR work... That should be illegal, just saying...

Yeah but I never claimed it to be a book I wrote. lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthology - "An anthology is a collection of literary works chosen by the compiler. It may be a collection of poems, short stories, plays, songs, or excerpts."

It's a small fan project selling it my hands straight to yours. It's not as if I'm gonna stock it on shelves at your local Barnes and Nobles...

I've seen people blatantly reproduce AKA and other copyrighted stuff of hers and selling it all over very openly, while what your making is "questionable" in no way are you passing it off as official,and seeing as a book like this doesn't already exist its not a replica either I really think it will all end up OK, I'm down!

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

you cannot make money for yourself off of this, it is illegal. I think you should only make people pay how much money it takes to produce this. even if you have made it one PENNY more that goes to you, theyll haul your ass to court,..

giphy.gif

you cannot make money for yourself off of this, it is illegal. I think you should only make people pay how much money it takes to produce this. even if you have made it one PENNY more that goes to you, it is federal law around the whole world, an you will be arrested when they find out. so lower all costs that go to you and you will be set. like im making a national anthem cardsleeves proffesion to sell them (my dad wrks as a manufacturer) and yes ima sell em but no money is going to me, the money only goes to production

stahp we need this book

you cannot make money for yourself off of this, it is illegal. I think you should only make people pay how much money it takes to produce this. even if you have made it one PENNY more that goes to you, it is federal law around the whole world, an you will be arrested when they find out. so lower all costs that go to you and you will be set. like im making a national anthem cardsleeves proffesion to sell them (my dad wrks as a manufacturer) and yes ima sell em but no money is going to me, the money only goes to production

:smokes:

I saw a FAKE Lana Vinyl that comprised of Remixes at a Record store here in Orlando, although it was a used one, someone probably bought it online and noticed the blatant Photoshop-ed mess. And i think that some stores have sold bootlegs of 'because the internet' vinyls by childish gambino.  I think reproduction of music is much more illicit than lyrics.

As long as there is a page that states who writers of the lyrics are, there shouldn't be a big fuzz.