• Pete Ibsen
    • Alexis Smith
    • Tim Larcombe
    • Steven Mertens
    • Jack Antonoff
    • The Rural
    • The Flight
    • The Nexus

Rick is for sure her best co-writer, not her best producer, tho he brought a lot of interesting sounds. I love Kahne but sometimes parts of AKA sound kind of cheap and out of place ? Whereas Mertens is a lot classier but seemed unable to come up with finished songs and ideas. So it's kind of a tie for me on that. Dan's work with her is superb & lavish, and idk what went on between them but it's really a shame they're not working together anymore.

I totally see what you mean cheap sound but it's exactly what makes it wonderful...trash magic

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Elizabeth Grant is Lana Del Rey's best producer

Remember the words lyrics music and production in her mind is where it all comes from

(note- By asking people to say which person is their favorite, it de-facto means they are negative against someone else.

I am not going to de-facto bad mouth any of Lana's normal team members by ranking them.

I wish Rick Rubin (who produced Ride) would funnel some of Lana's stuff to an older male country or rock or pop artist who would do a Johnny Cash/ Rick Rubin type album with just her songs.

Unfortunately Merle Haggard died, some of :Lana's songs would have suited him.

(can one imagine say, Meatloaf doing an entire Lana album in Bat out of Hell style,) wouldn't that be mind blowing?

or something like the way Disturbed re-imagined Paul Simon's Sound of Silence and its been #1 for more than a year now on one of the smaller genre charts in the US)

Some producers could do that, Lana's songs by other artists are a very untapped as yet market.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Rick brings out the worst in Lana tbh I love honeymoon but it's lyrical content was a hit or miss and its a mood album not an actual album like it's very slow and dreamy and lacks variation in tempo

Needless to say aside froms sirens/May jailer eps it's her worst album

My dream team would be kahne,emile,Tim and Dan a

Rick is underrated.

Dan is overrated.

Rick is responsable of Huntymoon, aka Lana's most monotonic album (I didn't said worst since you'll get triggered lol) so I really think Rick is overated

I often find the songs he produce for lana very monotonic, too quiet and lack of spark

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I don't think anyone has ever drawn so much of the potential and beauty out of Lana's lyrics, ideas, and concepts as David Kahne. We're lucky to have so many demos and early versions of AKA tracks, because it often show how David elevated and smoothed out tracks that were already incredible. I believe there was a very special relationship between Kahne and Lana that added true magic to their work together. 

Mertens and Justin Parker are personal favorites, but I think Kahe wins out in terms of quality.

o4qjp4j.png

Um, excuse you? Why is Princess Superstar missing in that poll?  :hooker:

She only made four songs with her which were all messy 2009-10 recordings and if were being serious she doesn't add up to the people on this list

The rural and that is final

every other producer can move out of the way.

Kinda Outta Luck says hi!

I always wonder what her albums would sound like if different producers worked on them... for example imagine what Born To Die would sound like if Dan produced it, and Ultraviolence if Emile produced it etc etc

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e