Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

something is awfully wrong in the world because I couldn't agree with you more. Probably gonna rain tomorrow

OUR HONEYMOOOOOOOON

Was playing this on really loud bass heavy earphones while driving late at night on an empty highway from my friends house and it really works....

Auditory cues are really helpful while driving. I really don't recommend forgoing them unless you're hearing impaired.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm probably reading too into it, but I'm interested in how she mentioned that HM was the beginning and the end of the record. I wonder if we'll get HM as the opening track, as well as the closing track, but edited with a different composition. Kind of like The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. But I guess that idea is moot if the Nina cover is indeed the final track.

Ok in true TPD fashion, I've changed my mind. I love it! Not a song I can sing along to but it's a gamechanger with headphones!

PLEASE STAY FOR THE NEW ERA WE NEED YOUR TPD INSIGHTS :defeated:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I'm probably reading too into it, but I'm interested in how she mentioned that HM was the beginning and the end of the record. I wonder if we'll get HM as the opening track, as well as the closing track, but edited with a different composition. Kind of like The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. But I guess that idea is moot if the Nina cover is indeed the final track.

I don't think she ever mentioned anything about HM being the closing track, but that would be cool if it were reinvented to close the album

I don't think she ever mentioned anything about HM being the closing track, but that would be cool if it were reinvented to close the album

I'd be here for a different take on it for the closing track, but I'd rather her do something of a part two - start the track with a slightly different take on the "dreamin' away your life" bit and then move into something dealing with the disillusionment that sometimes follows the end of a relationship's honeymoon phase.

qpgosw.jpg

She said something about it being the beginning and the end. I assume she means that the song encompasses the narrative of the album. I just think a manifestation of that statement would be interesting.

She said something about it being the beginning and the end. I assume she means that the song encompasses the narrative of the album. I just think a manifestation of that statement would be interesting.

She said HM was the first track, but then started talking about she finds it weird when how a record begins and ends

edit: this entire time I was reading: "in some ways I find it weird how a record begins and ends," instead of "where the record begins and ends"

It's OK, but a bit boring.  It's not just that it's slow -- but that it's slow and there aren't a lot of lyrics, so the words feel dragged out to finish the lines.  Also, her slow songs are better with more interesting drum/bass lines, IMO.  I'd take pretty much every song on BTD over this.

She sounds great vocally, but I hope the rest of the album is more interesting.  If it's 14 songs of this, it will be a huge let-down. 

It's OK, but a bit boring.  It's not just that it's slow -- but that it's slow and there aren't a lot of lyrics, so the words feel dragged out to finish the lines.  Also, her slow songs are better with more interesting drum/bass lines, IMO.  I'd take pretty much every song on BTD over this.

She sounds great vocally, but I hope the rest of the album is more interesting.  If it's 14 songs of this, it will be a huge let-down. 

Life is Beautiful is very different.

Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood too

Surely we will have variety

Life is Beautiful is very different.

Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood too

Surely we will have variety

Is Life is Beautiful that different?  Slow, strings, weak drums, etc.

Is Life is Beautiful that different?  Slow, strings, weak drums, etc.

Of course it is

Maybe listen to it again

Production is less minimal than in HM and her vocal delivery is different as well. 

Literally every song she oficially released is slow, by the way. Florida Kilos or Natioanl Anthem might be the fastest and those aren't that fast either. 

Of course it is

Maybe listen to it again

Production is less minimal than in HM and her vocal delivery is different as well. 

Literally every song she oficially released is slow, by the way. Florida Kilos or Natioanl Anthem might be the fastest and those aren't that fast either. 

By slow I'm referring to the vocal delivery, rather than the beats-per-minute of the actual instrumentals.  In terms of feel, IMO there's a huge difference between the "speed" of something like Blue Jeans/Summertime Sadness and Old Money/Honeymoon, because of how she delivers the lyrics and because of the amounts of words per line.  It has to do with how slowly she sings individual words, and how she draws out lines, etc.

But I'll listen to LIB again.