sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

Saw someone posted a status update about the 2010 "Lights, camera, action. You know I can't make it on my own." vs 2015 "Lights, camera, action. I'll do it on my own."

It just shows how much Lana has grown and how she's done letting people drag her down and becoming independent. (Barrie teas)

I wasn't initially thrilled with the snippet, but after listening to the full song it's really nice and it sounds very current sounding, which will go in her favour.

Proud of u babe xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I like this alot! So much better for me than HM..

i just realized tho, that the chorus reminds me of something else..

one of which is the chorus matches alot with Dark Paradise..

Great sounding voice and song. Love it already.

Hope more good ones on HM to come out in sept..

The combination of the hypnotic bassy bounce beat and Lana's addictive, angelic ethereal vocals make High By The Beach addictive to me. Havent stopped playing it for the past 20-30 minutes i think.

Not every vocal will sound crystal clear either (in fact UV songs sounded more demo ish since they were recorded in one take, the majority)

What songs except PWYC?

I like it

The chorus is awsome!

giphy.gif

Mfhp.gif

Was so not prepared for this... omfg. So impressed. Love the lyrics, they're so snarky Lana which is what I live for. Always nice to hear her standing up for herself in songs. I was NOT expecting a full on electronic song which is throwing me in such a loop on how HM will sound as an album. This songs almost sounds experimental in ways. And the AKA lyrical reference! When Lana reminds me why she's my top fave, she hits hard.  :gclap:

2dt29zc.jpg

It really does sound like a demo.

It literally has 2 oscillators, one saw lead, a bit of piano, drum, snare and high hat.

Melodically it is nice but production is so basic for her standards that is huge step backward.

Well if it's real, at least my remix will slay so hard. I already have it in my head. :angie:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

It really does sound like a demo.

It literally has 2 oscillators, one saw lead, a bit of piano, drum, snare and high hat.

Melodically it is nice but production is so basic for her standards that is huge step backward.

Well if it's real, at least my remix will slay so hard. I already have it in my head. :angie:

tumblr_npe37eZnjO1qj4315o1_500.giftumblr_ngxsp6lNqJ1rfduvxo1_500.gif

The production part is true... a remix tho....naah.