sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

Lana should put out an edit of the Video and have the picture floating down from the sky be a copy of Billboard magazine

FUCK THEM.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@-

this reeks

It is almost unheard of and it is akin to rape.

It makes suspect every single number on every single chart

The headline that Lana was #7 still was there 10 minutes ago on the main page (probably shortly they will change it)

Lana must have massively irritated someone the wrong way

again FUCK BILLBOARD

like how the Oscars ripped her off nominating something that was quickly disqualified while Young and Beautiful didn't get a nomination because that took her place

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I find it hard to believe that Billboard would make a mistake that huge. and I don't get why they would count Lana's streaming downloads as sales but not anyone else's.

its not lol kworb didnt updated his site

surprised that you guys underestimate Elizabeth Woolridge Grant's ability to sell well especially since she yanks all of ours weaves unexpectedly

tumblr_nnf9orItl91tvf9p0o9_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nsmwmyfrrP1rdt7fl_500.gif

I learned something about myself today. Apparently I'm one of those people who don't give a shit about the charts as long as Lana "flops", but when she does well the importance of the charts just cannot be overstressed!

So fucking happy for her  :mariah:

Well I guess I'll just go back to giving 0 fucks then  :bye2:

I just hope it's not a mistake on billboard's part :ohno: slay legend

I doubt it's real  :deadbanana:

What kind of prophecy...

LOL. This whole episode just emphasizes the silliness of focusing too much on chart performance. If you like an artist and her music, does it really matter that much how many other people do, so long as she is able to continue making music?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

<p>lana's songs usually never have a "really" good chart performance to begin with.. ride didn't even chart at all and if you compare hbtb to what kind of man by florence they both debuted pretty similar (#71 & #88). the worst thing is that apparently it is super funny for every other fanbase to bash lana bc of billboards floppy mistake.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>oh well i just saw that lana debuted at #51 so that's even better than #71.. but still kinda underwhelming compared to west coast.</p>

i76mrxw.png 

The Billboard fiasco unfortunately reinforced Lana's messy image. Poor Lana has no fault in this and I hope that HBTB rebounds towards the top of the charts. Contrary to other opinions I think that she put herself in a position when she needs to release quality songs which are in the same time commercially viable.

The video seems to have good replay value. Why isn't HBTB played on the radio yet?

The Billboard fiasco unfortunately reinforced Lana's messy image. Poor Lana has no fault in this and I hope that HBTB rebounds towards the top of the charts. Contrary to other opinions I think that she put herself in a position when she needs to release quality songs which are in the same time commercially viable.

The video seems to have good replay value. Why isn't HBTB played on the radio yet?

My friend said she heard HBTB at the grocery store

since when does this fandom care so much about charts

since we got a small taste of what it's like to have our favourite artist debut in the top 10 and then had it taken away from us  :crossed:

RVhKIwP.gif

@-

this reeks

It is almost unheard of and it is akin to rape.

It makes suspect every single number on every single chart

The headline that Lana was #7 still was there 10 minutes ago on the main page (probably shortly they will change it)

Lana must have massively irritated someone the wrong way

again FUCK BILLBOARD

like how the Oscars ripped her off nominating something that was quickly disqualified while Young and Beautiful didn't get a nomination because that took her place

now lets not get ahead of ourselves... :biblio:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_stati

lmao at people claiming Lana is some sort of modern-day musical messiah who is above commercial success and then later claiming that billboard fucking up the data for the charts is literally akin to rape :toofunny:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

It's not Lana's fault that Billboard has a bunch of dumbasses working for them. Like, when they were typing that shit up no one seemed to think that her debut and stats were way too fucking high? oh well, 51 is still a great debut but now it just seems way too low to me.

Nothing scares me anymore.

It's not Lana's fault that Billboard has a bunch of dumbasses working for them. Like, when they were typing that shit up no one seemed to think that her debut and stats were way too fucking high? oh well, 51 is still a great debut but now it just seems way too low to me.

it actually isn't. She had half of the tracking week so the end result is okay. She has no airplay and the streams on Spoity coming from the US are rather disappointing. Lana used to be huge on Spotify and has over 3 million subsctibers wordlwide. She was the most popular female artist on Spotify in the US. Now, she made the Top50 for one day. The streams for UV were also nothing to brag about. BTD was keeping her afloat on Spotify.

This is what I was always saying: charts and sales do matter to a very important extent. They dictate the future of an artist, not some ridic posters who compare Lana with Dylan or Mitchell.

The climate of today is success orientated and defines your legacy. Every artist wants to be remembered and relevant. Every single one of them. Lana is no exception to that.

Billboard is not to blame. To blame are always the artist and the label if you want to blame anybody, despite 67k being decent for a half week of sales.

Everything else is lackluster.

We, as fans can be happy about this song getting 67k and good reviews. However, she needs to step up her game a bit in terms of finding a bigger audience