Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

It's not UV video level trolling but it will not help her in this era.

I like it somewhat visually because she is so beautiful and I love the ocean.

Fuck Jake Nava, this shit didn't needed a director.

She killed HBTB commercially with this video but put the song in a different perspective and strangely I enjoy it more watching the video. I think that she exaggerates the paparazzi thing, she's not that famous. She was more insulted as an artist than bothered in her every day life by the media.

You can stop trolling Lana you'll never become a superstar. I'm not interested anymore how she fares commercially because she obviously doesn't give a shit. So far, qualitywise, HM has to mediocre songs and a subpar video. At least UV had quality songs, I'm done staning this era

Jesus christ get a grip.

It's not UV video level trolling but it will not help her in this era.

I like it somewhat visually because she is so beautiful and I love the ocean.

Fuck Jake Nava, this shit didn't needed a director.

She killed HBTB commercially with this video but put the song in a different perspective and strangely I enjoy it more watching the video. I think that she exaggerates the paparazzi thing, she's not that famous. She was more insulted as an artist than bothered in her every day life by the media.

You can stop trolling Lana you'll never become a superstar. I'm not interested anymore how she fares commercially because she obviously doesn't give a shit. So far, qualitywise, HM has to mediocre songs and a subpar video. At least UV had quality songs, I'm done staning this era

The meltdown, lmfao 

I love this transformation from submissive, needy and masochistic cry baby to revengeful and bloodlust Amazonian that grabs destiny in her own hands and clutches god by the balls. Sooo refreshing in contrast to her usual imagery. I am glad this is not overly produced, ultrapolished, fancy-schmancy grandiose video, because she already had ones, and also that it isn't flippant, sloppy and hermetic jerking off like Ultraviolence (ok, I don't hate that one, I just state that this overshadows Ultra, although it is as much as simple). It is something brand new, crazy hybrid between Tarantino action and Dogme 95/home video/Steve McQueen seventies/Larry Clark/documentary/voyeuristic  shaky camera, and you can feel that this kind of filming is deliberate. And it is masterfully delivered, because your site is really narrowed in suspense and you feel the excitement and vehemence of the action. Even slow parts are thrilling. Speed and poetry in one. And there is an excellent use of color (azure blue of vast ocean and bare, luminant crinoline of the sky), and frame from the balcony seems cosmically wide –that is the greatness of the vid also: the contrast between tight, claustrophobic tubes of villa halls with her rush like mercury through them and magnificent freedom of the big blue nature principles.

Although Shades of Cool have very strong visual metaphores, such as Lana in 3D illusion, stabbed by a sword, or gun pointing at her, bullets flying, flowers softly exploding, and magical amalgam of gem-like colors, like ruby, royal blue and mystic violet, this is much more cohesive and that shooting and explosion in the sky is like her initiation into whole new dimension of existence, personal (spiritual) and artistic. Enough experimental and intimate yet enough cohesive, articulate and charged (blessed) with (almost) unexpected, brilliantly depicted culmination and message hidden in it. That climax is like her awakening from the nightmare into pure white bliss. Thousand orgasms from me.

And yes, she is so cute, funny, vulnerable and human in that scene of her gown being stuck, and the fact that we see her in different emotional states and in physical movement (running, stumbling) is a breezy shift from her gloomy, elusive, mysterious and impenetrable poutiness of a diva. I adore that expression of healthy rage and determination on her face. So complex, soulful and relatable. She creates a powerful space for catharsis.

Didn't read except for the first sentence but I agree.

RVhKIwP.gif

:D

I know, people usually are not very excited about long elaborations. But I simply had to.

Nah I'm just joking. I read it all and I think you are spot on.

I really agree with the thousand orgasms part.

I love this transformation from submissive, needy and masochistic cry baby to revengeful and bloodlust Amazonian that grabs destiny in her own hands and clutches god by the balls. Sooo refreshing in contrast to her usual imagery. 

The lizard queen of New Zealand would approve

The lizard queen of New Zealand would approve

Not sure if this was sarcasm :) , but I am currently overwhelmed with particular emotions she stirred in me with this visual surprise. Although I love both her sides...all of them.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I like it! The video has a good concept, it's beatiful shot and has a good  twist, the song is fun. 

After this video I think the line "The truth is I never buy into your bullshit when you would pay tribute to me" is  directly to media, right? They praised UV but she is so not buying the praise because she knows they will trash sooner or later again

I like it! The video has a good concept, it's beatiful shot and has a good  twist, the song is fun. 

After this video I think the line "The truth is I never buy into your bullshit when you would pay tribute to me" is  directly to media, right? They praised UV but she is so not buying the praise because she knows they will trash sooner or later again

i think that too

The line "The truth is I never buy into your bullshit when you would pay tribute to me" reminds me of that interview she did with that one guy about UV who weaseled out of her the line "I wish I was dead already", which she called out in these tweets

lana-tweets.jpg

I loved it! It's very simple but entertaining, I bet Lana had a fun time recording and for me that's all that matters :flutter: . Also I can't believe some people are "dissappointed" because "it won't help the song commercially". Excuse me? Since when does Lana and this fanbase care about the charts? Chill.

PD:

RVhKIwP.gif I screamed @ this part  :lmao:  my baby  :poordat: .

I can't with the delusional interpretations of this amateurish video. She's such a bad actress and she moves so awkwardly that was painful to watch sometimes. At least get that lip-sync right. The way the gun didn't fit in the guitar case is ridiculous. She's such a troll