AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

11 hours ago, soaringHigh said:

Is anyone here buying the vinyl? I'm so mixed in my feelings. Like idk, something about it is so half baked, so cash grabby, but I don't wanna regret not getting my pink vinyl yk? 

It was ready for release 3 years ago so how does it feel “half-baked” now?

32 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

It was ready for release 3 years ago so how does it feel “half-baked” now?

well if reason why is anything to go by then everything has been made worse in the 3 years. i don't think it's cash grabby though.

If this was cash grab they would’ve done it way sooner and probs would’ve done a volume 1, volume 2, volume 3, etc. considering the amount of unreleased music she has. This was obvs done with care by people that were close to her, finalised by people that were already involved with the music.

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

41 minutes ago, naked said:

well if reason why is anything to go by then everything has been made worse in the 3 years. i don't think it's cash grabby though.

We don’t even know what SOPHIE intended Reason Why to sound like in its completed state. I would assume her brother / audio engineer would. You can always stream the demo too. But as far as things being right in the universe, no matter how it’s mixed, Reason Why couldn’t have been a better lead single, and we should be GRATEFUL we even get to hear it composed differently than the version we’ve been listening to for years now. i think we all know by now BPMs aren’t the same when songs are played live, so just listen to an edit or something. It’s really nothing to complain about or “be concerned” about.

2 hours ago, HellaGood said:

We better get Sunscreen. The summer anthem that shoulda been 😭

its definitely in there!! I hope

talking about that does anyone in here has the last performance/set of Sunscreen with the Tamta feat? it used to be on youtube many years ago. Liz also played once in a ig livestream (where ppl said there was a ghost behind her lol) 

6 hours ago, HellaGood said:

We better get Sunscreen. The summer anthem that shoulda been 😭

Honestly i don't want it considering that song was about Tzef. Its a good song and I would like the material but SOPHIE scrapped it for a reason tbh

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA

49 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

SOPHIE never scrapped it? It’s basically confirmed to be on the album at this point

the album was meant for transnation which was scrapped in 2020. pretty sure that song was about tzef before they broke up so...

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA

I am so beyond happy that we are getting an official release of her work and that her legacy will be finally delivered out in the open for the world to see and appreciate.

having said that... i do think the way they went about delivering the album is kinda iffy. if they wanted to go the standard "album" route i think they should've just given us transnation, so basically her raw, unedited creative vision. concept and everything. if they didn't wanna go the standard album route, they could've released a cycle of albums/discs that explored her creative output throughout the years with interviews by friends, peers, colleagues, etc... photographs, notes... a sort of more explicit testament to her work. 

this "SOPHIE" album looks like an in-between... something that can be marketed and consumed as an album, so explicitly accessible to everyone, but stripped of the creative vision/"album concept" that we know SOPHIE would've definitely shaped it with, so basically just a tracklist/mixtape of songs. 

and with them saying this is the last we'll ever hear from her... IDK. obviously this is a really hard and painful process so I'm not faulting anyone for it, but if this really is "it" it doesn't seem fair that her extreme talent, her vision, her influence, her reach, her impact on the music industry and queer community at large is reduced to a 16-track album. 

21 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

We don’t even know what SOPHIE intended Reason Why to sound like in its completed state. I would assume her brother / audio engineer would. You can always stream the demo too. But as far as things being right in the universe, no matter how it’s mixed, Reason Why couldn’t have been a better lead single, and we should be GRATEFUL we even get to hear it composed differently than the version we’ve been listening to for years now. i think we all know by now BPMs aren’t the same when songs are played live, so just listen to an edit or something. It’s really nothing to complain about or “be concerned” about.

i'm definitely grateful it's released and the album is happening! but the mixing is really rough objectively... it's not even a BPM thing as opposed to just key parts of the song being buried or blown out now - and that's a slight worry in regard to how everything else may sound in present. it doesn't matter though, the main thing was that i don't see it as cash grabby at all so all is right as you said.

1 hour ago, running said:

I don't want that boot licker getting any cents 

Well it's part of Sophie's story and part of the fandom. How about you just don't stream it? Then everyone wins. 

1 hour ago, running said:

I don't want that boot licker getting any cents 

Can you just like stop with the negativity? We should be celebrating that we have a Sophie release on the way and the only things you've shared have been negative and angry. 

58 minutes ago, HellaGood said:

Well it's part of Sophie's story and part of the fandom. How about you just don't stream it? Then everyone wins. 

Can you just like stop with the negativity? We should be celebrating that we have a Sophie release on the way and the only things you've shared have been negative and angry. 

:brigitte:

wait a minute hold on