annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

why would lana be on ellen anyways ? LOL

that would be the most unfitting show ever :usrsney:

could you imagine, lana being there, singing about death and sugar daddys lmao

those poor middle aged moms would have a heart attack

it's not 2012 anymore dude

I find it interesting that during the honeymoon era Lana was basically in the honeymoon of her career. I'm not saying she didn't work hard on honeymoon but it was probably more easy going than the born to die era. Because during honeymoon she basically had formed her fan base and was working alot harder to make her name famous during the born to die era

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I find it interesting that during the honeymoon era Lana was basically in the honeymoon of her career. I'm not saying she didn't work hard on honeymoon but it was probably more easy going than the born to die era. Because during honeymoon she basically had formed her fan base and was working alot harder to make her name famous during the born to die era

She actually has lost 90 % of her fanbase with this album 

She actually has lost 90 % of her fanbase with this album

That's depressing...is the number really that high or is that an exaggeration?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Didn't she already lose like 50 % of her fanbase with UV?

More than that actually, but at least she got new fans that were not so much into BTD, It didn't entirely help, but at least prevented UV from bombing.

That's depressing...is the number really that high or is that an exaggeration?

Well, you better tell me: from 6 million to under 700k within 3 years.

This whole thing reminds me of a conversation I had with my sister. I said that lana stopped promo for her albums and that some fans were frustrated. She said that lana had to be careful or she would lost her fans. She also said that she thinks Lana doesn't make promo in prol to avoid the criticism, which makes sense after what she had to go through btd era :ohno: . Well, if it's this, then damn because, or she makes promo, faces criticism and keeps growing to avoid the forgetting, or she doesn't do and consequent falls in forgetting and lost more fans. So she have two options and both have your consequences, now it's up to her to decide what she will choose...

Yeah, life sucks  :poordat:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

lana is just one of those artists whos controversy keeps their eras alive. BTD was alive because of the snl disaster and much other things. UV was sort of alive because of all the "i wanna die" accusations. HM had no controversy so shes not in the limelight. i think she should start doing interviews again, just to spark things up

lana is just one of those artists whos controversy keeps their eras alive. BTD was alive because of the snl disaster and much other things. UV was sort of alive because of all the "i wanna die" accusations. HM had no controversy so shes not in the limelight. i think she should start doing interviews again, just to spark things up

Tbh I kinda agree. A lot of celebrities rely completely on controversy to get people watching and to increase their sales. Controversy isn't always a bad thing, in fact it really keeps people interested. Besides, a lot of the drama and controversy that goes on nowadays with celebrities is really not that big of a deal, it's such petty stuff that makes headlines.   I feel like Lana has gotten to this point in her life where she's too afraid she might offend someone or say or do something wrong, so she's (mostly) stopped doing interviews and making new albums that push boundaries. HM, as nice as it is, was really samey and at the end of the day, was really not that innovative and it didn't push any boundaries. What I loved about Lana since day one was that everything she was creating was so unique and engaging because she wasn't afraid of the criticism or possible negative feedback. HM feels way too safe. It is a beautiful album, don't get me wrong, but if she keeps going down this route making music that only some of us are actually here for, then it is going to have tremendously negative effects on her career. I'm not saying she needs to create another BTD 2.0 or anything like that, she needs to create something new and fresh and exciting... something that breaks the rules a little bit, something that you go, "WOW, I've never heard anything like this before!" Because that's how I felt when I first heard BTD and UV, they were so uniquely Lana. But HM feels very much like a rehashed, condensed version of the previous two. It lacks the fire, the enthusiasm, the freshness of those two.

At the end of the day, I hope that she recognizes that things really aren't looking great at this point for her career-wise. It is actually embarrassing how much her sales have dropped in just three years. She needs to reinvent herself, try something new, get out of her comfort zone for this next album, otherwise her numbers will drop even more! I know she probably doesn't care about the numbers, but I know that she does care about making music, and the reality is that most of us want her to do something a bit more exciting and intense next time around, and it is incontrovertible we'd pretty much all like a little more promo, interviews and so on. It just seems like she doesn't care at this point. Hopefully though, she has been working on something original and refreshing for this next album.

HM feels way too safe. It is a beautiful album, don't get me wrong, but if she keeps going down this route making music that only some of us are actually here for, then it is going to have tremendously negative effects on her career. I'm not saying she needs to create another BTD 2.0 or anything like that, she needs to create something new and fresh and exciting... something that breaks the rules a little bit, something that you go, "WOW, I've never heard anything like this before!" Because that's how I felt when I first heard BTD and UV, they were so uniquely Lana. But HM feels very much like a rehashed, condensed version of the previous two. It lacks the fire, the enthusiasm, the freshness of those two.

At the end of the day, I hope that she recognizes that things really aren't looking great at this point for her career-wise. It is actually embarrassing how much her sales have dropped in just three years. She needs to reinvent herself, try something new, get out of her comfort zone for this next album, otherwise her numbers will drop even more! I know she probably doesn't care about the numbers, but I know that she does care about making music, and the reality is that most of us want her to do something a bit more exciting and intense next time around, and it is incontrovertible we'd pretty much all like a little more promo, interviews and so on. It just seems like she doesn't care at this point. Hopefully though, she has been working on something original and refreshing for this next album.

I wish I could like this a hundred times!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The problem with that is that she needs something to make up for all the drama and controversy. Yeah they help, but the UV era would have been overshadowed by the messy interviews if the album wasn't as excellent as it is. Music magazines were actually analyzing the songs and not her life. BTD was simply ahead of its time imo and that's why I think it got so much unnecessary hate from the critics.. which is funny because now it's considered to be one of the best debuts of the 2010s lol. Honeymoon didn't have any controversy and even if it's a really good record (imo) it wasn't surprising or groundbreaking or whatever. I'm glad the critics loved it though.

i feel like Lana has no problem with her sales/her declining 'fame'. In fact, I think she's given up on maintaining her fame because she hated it and doesn't want to live like that. Her lifestyle is much more chill now, and she's always said it was the music that kept her going, not the number of albums sold. do y'all really think she cares?

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

i feel like Lana has no problem with her sales/her declining 'fame'. In fact, I think she's given up on maintaining her fame because she hated it and doesn't want to live like that. Her lifestyle is much more chill now, and she's always said it was the music that kept her going, not the number of albums sold. do y'all really think she cares?

She doesn't care about commercial success but she definitely cares about reviews and that kinda stuff.

This is the longest she's gone without releasing music (since she first came out with BTD).

I feel like whatever's coming next will be good just because she's taking her time with it.

Plus even though Honeymoon was a flop, it was her most well received album critically.