brooklynbaby91

Azealia comments on "Art Deco" diss track rumors

If you think Lana did all of that community outreach in Native American reservations yet can't provide sufficient proof of them existing, you're totally wrong. And yes each feather of the war bonnet is given to the warrior for a heroic deed within their community, Lana didn't earn anything by fighting in a war, being an elder or anything like that...lol.

but it's not an ACTUAL I repeat AAACCCTTTUUUAAALLL again I repeat and scream into your ear ACTUALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL war bonnet

Oppression doesn't have to be targeting at anyone specifically but the people of that culture were clearly not having it whatsoever.

receipts please where are these people who are "not having it" and since when do a couple people speak for a whole culture? Gurlll u trying to find a problem within nothing

who else does Lana know that's misunderstood and female?

Lizzy Grant. Lana Del Rey fans. Countless young women today (and that's just the cis perspective). Really, the possibilities are endless.

Did you just proclaim all white people are racist  :horror:

Systematic racism includes the privilege that many (not all white people, and not all of whom are white) enjoy passively. While having privilege is arguably not a problem in and of itself, the things that some people do to hold onto privilege are beyond problematic.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

y'all can keep using an innocent culture to justify your love for treating everyone differently from eachother by yourselves :bye2: :bye2: :bye2:

Lizzy Grant. Lana Del Rey fans. Countless young women today. Really, the possibilities are endless.

Systematic racism includes the privilege that many (not all white people, and not all of whom are white) enjoy passively. While having privilege is arguably not a problem in and of itself, the things that some people do to hold onto it are beyond problematic.

ight but when did I say "white people should have more privileges" I legit meant stop calling us all racists because that's racist within itself

For me, the song is autobiographic just like Carmen and somewhat feels like a part 2. I can see where certain lines would pertain to Azealia, but they also relate back to Lana as well. I think those lines are just coincidental and nothing else.

let's make it simple:

for those who like drama: lana was so wrong for paying homage

for those who think: humans have the right to adopt other cultures

for those who like drama: lana is racist and totally called ab ghetto

for those who think: ghetto means poor in the real world

PROBLEM SOLVED

y'all can keep using an innocent culture to justify your love for treating everyone differently from eachother by yourselves :bye2: :bye2: :bye2:

ight but when did I say "white people should have more privileges" I legit meant stop calling us all racists because that's racist within itself

I understand. You didn't say that. But I didn't hear anyone saying all white people are racist either.

IMO insisting on treating everyone the same OR insisting on treating everyone differently are both problematic. We need to listen to each other more, and ask how each other wants to be treated.

I understand. You didn't say that. But I didn't hear anyone saying all white people are racist either.

IMO insisting on treating everyone the same OR insisting on treating everyone differently are both problematic. We need to listen to each other more, and ask how each other wants to be treated.

But special treatment for different groups of people sounds... problematic :noparty:

I mean if we really want to move forward in the future we need to understand pointing out our differences is one of the first problems of the world and the reason we still have war today

All in all everything Lana does is in good spirits and should NEVER be taken as offensive

I honestly just think it's just a character song like 'Carmen'? Maybe some self-referential bits but I really don't think it's about a real person, certainly not Azealia Banks? I've read why people think it's her and it's honestly not making sense to me, it feels like a total reach

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

let's make it simple:

for those who like drama: lana was so wrong for paying homage

for those who think: humans have the right to adopt other cultures

for those who like drama: lana is racist and totally called ab ghetto

for those who think: ghetto means poor in the real world

PROBLEM SOLVED

white people. Always trying to ignore the truth and make it seem like people are purposely trying to be against them

But special treatment for different groups of people sounds... problematic :noparty:

I mean if we really want to move forward in the future we need to understand pointing out our differences is one of the first problems of the world and the reason we still have war today

All in all everything Lana does is in good spirits and should NEVER be taken as offensive

I grew up being encouraged to be "color-blind," so I understand the impulse to treat everyone the same. By itself, though, this approach is unsatisfactory for someone who wants to appreciate diversity.

The reasons for war are complex. For some, assimilation = erasure =/= integration.

I agree that intent should count for something. That's why I support a dialogic (cooperative) model of communication. In a speaker-centric model, all that is important is what Lana meant. In a hearer-centric model, all that matters is how people will take it. IMO, both the second and third models are problematic :)

I'm mixed though??

A lot of mixed people are confused af. And obviously you're one of them. Depends on the side you were around the most. You need to get cultured sweetheart because your unwoke ass is very annoying and wishy-washy. Learn yourself. Appropriation is alive and well, and you're trying to sound like you're white and like you dont know. You black and that's what EVERYONE is going to see. You're mixedness wont get you far. Just saying. Know yaself.

What's wrong with everyone getting so worked up for so little :oprah2:

Culture appropriation is such a stupid concept. Nowadays we see articles like ' can white girls twerk' ' can white people rap?' 'can etc etc'. What I've noticed is that mostly white people are the ones who get offended by it. I'm Brazilian and I couldn't care less if an American white singers decided to incorporate some of my country's traditions in her videos.

Again:

:oprah2:

EotAQlJ.jpg

Mess at how both "sides" are finding an excuse to argue and putting words in each other's mouths over something we have zero evidence what the context is about.

Watch this end up being one of the tracks that she just ad-libbed over Nowels' chords and it's not actually about anything. :teehee:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Am I the only one who think the song is about Lana herself? 
It was my first thought during my first listening Art Deco. Maybe not exactly cause Lana often put to the lyrics some real own experience but also a little bit art and imagination. To me this song it's about young Lana/Lizzy singing in the clubs and trying to make her musical dreams come true. And "you're so art deco" means she payed attention to her appearance and this look help her in career. "you're so ghetto" means to me she was diffrent than most of musicians in music label and her singing style. She was outsider. (Sorry for my english, hope you know what I mean)

SHIT DAWG wanna know what I think Art Deco is about? Fucking no one. It's a fucking abstraction. It's about an archetype! As an example, Carmen was about some runaway famous teen getting into trouble. Loosely inspired by Lizzy herself? Sure. But as Lana said in her Australian interview, it's not that autobiographical. Just like how Lady Gaga's Judas isn't about her fucking literal Judas in biblical times. What is it with LB that makes everyone want to perpetually post shit (sometimes literally, gawd)?? 

idiva_gif_03.gif

What's wrong with everyone getting so worked up for so little :oprah2:

Culture appropriation is such a stupid concept. Nowadays we see articles like ' can white girls twerk' ' can white people rap?' 'can etc etc'. What I've noticed is that mostly white people are the ones who get offended by it. I'm Brazilian and I couldn't care less if an American white singers decided to incorporate some of my country's traditions in her videos.

Again:

:oprah2:

Again. You dont know cuz you're not from here. So you shouldnt even speak. TBH.