ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

^agreed with Off To The Races. That, plus the stripped back Summertime Sadness used in the music video, Blackest Day, and some more upbeat songs as well.

To be honest unless she's taking the breakup with Francisco poorly I don't think she'll have a lot of dark material to work with in this album. She's talked about how she more or less said everything she wanted to say regarding her life in Ultraviolence/BTD/Paradise and that HM was less autobiographical. I think that she's not going to have so much to share in this next album as well so I'm thinking it will be less dark.

To be honest I don't see Lana going experimental. I could definitely see an album fleshed out with songs similar in sound to Ridin' and Prisoner however.

I want an album like Paradise, the production is so wonderful on that album, and the subject matter is also perfect.

I want her to sing about addiction, honoring lost love and a glamorous lifestlye.

Basically I just want her to re-hash everything she has already done, I definitely do NOT want her to try something different or new, since she already achieved perfection. If she does things differently, she can only go down from what she created already :smile:

or something heavy, extreme and angry. i want noir(song) like lyrics and angry singing yass

That idea slays :crying:

She could record more songs like Noir and then go on Tv to perform them and go crazy on stage, maybe even throw up a little

What if she remade some of her best unreleased. And then the title of the album could be "The Greatest Story Never Told". With hits like Velvet Crowbar, Hollywood's Dead, and meet me in the pale moonlight

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

He and Jamie xx are a perfect orgasmic team, thanks god they already recorded something as a team. Also, i'm completely positive about her colaborations with Mark Ronson. He will help her recovering her "Vintage Hollywood Sadcore" sound. I'd love if she collaborates with David Lynch on a couple songs or even if he remix one of her future singles (or even something on Honeymoon). She should look for Emelie Haynie again, he is amazing.

On the videos, she definitely needs to work with Steven Klein again for a high well produced video.

Retrobaroque Electro mixed with Medievaljazz-Heavy Metal and a touch of Renaissance-HipHop and psychodelic alternative future Pop

:omg:

She should just finally embrace the fact she's supposed to sing over rock-ish instrumentals.

Stuff like her Yayo-rock-version, her Body Electric - rock version, her Heart-Shaped-Box cover, the unknown song she rehearsed during the Paradise tour in Russia or the OTTR live version during the ES tour. Instrumentals with power and drive. She did a good step in that direction with UV but she should go further. Something that really .. rocks! It goes along with her voice so well and it would be a great change after Honeymoon.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'd personally like something a bit more stripped back and in line with the live version of OTTR, the dirtier sound of it worked so well and I think it could be developed into an album pretty well. I'd also really like to see an album with songs like Never Let Me Go, Summer Wine, and the Black Beauty demo with a bit of a Bonnie & Clyde edge a la Dangerous Girl. The New Wild West, perhaps? :grinds:

qpgosw.jpg

i'd love to see her do something more sexual and intimate, with minimalistic put progressive beats, something like bjork's vespertine

or something heavy, extreme and angry. i want noir(song) like lyrics and angry singing yass

on the topic of bjork, I feel like something akin to her recent album vulnicura, would blend well with lana's sonic aesthetic. Something modern but classical. (also I would love it if Lana worked with Arca [one of the producers of vulnicura], but that's just me.) 

The thing I am curious about is if she should avoid writing LDR5 with Rick Nowels? I love them as a creative duo and I don't want to see their friendship or artistic partnership dissolve; but maybe it is time she works with some new co-writers in order to further experiment. 

(black lake: neoclassical with abstract/altronica influences) 

(lionsong) 

She should just finally embrace the fact she's supposed to sing over rock-ish instrumentals.

Stuff like her Yayo-rock-version, her Body Electric - rock version, her Heart-Shaped-Box cover, the unknown song she rehearsed during the Paradise tour in Russia or the OTTR live version during the ES tour. Instrumentals with power and drive. She did a good step in that direction with UV but she should go further. Something that really .. rocks! It goes along with her voice so well and it would be a great change after Honeymoon.

100% agree

---

on the topic of bjork, I feel like something akin to her recent album vulnicura, would blend well with lana's sonic aesthetic. Something modern but classical. (also I would love it if Lana worked with Arca [one of the producers of vulnicura], but that's just me.) 

The thing I am curious about is if she should avoid writing LDR5 with Rick Nowels? I love them as a creative duo and I don't want to see their friendship or artistic partnership dissolve; but maybe it is time she works with some new co-writers in order to further experiment.

Vulnicura has an incredibly unique sound and definitely wouldn't fit anyone but Bjork herself, but I would DIE for Lana to work with Arca, it's something I'm dreaming of since last year! Lol Maybe not the typical hardcore Arca, but something dreamy but futuristic.

It would not end well if she attempted to copy other people. Also, High on the Beach was barely trap. 

I'd like an album with more Lolita-esque songs. Not in the BTD 2.0 sense but in the "spit in my mouth daddy" sense.

giphy.gif

In before Lana follows her cowgirl routes à la God Knows I Tried western theme...

Hoping for a tracklist like this...

• Off to the Rodeo
  • Music To Watch Cowboys To
  • Ride (Wild West Version)
  • Wild West Coast
  • Million Dollar Cowboy
  • Cowboys & Indians
  • Burnt Desert
  • Sad Cowgirl
  • High By The Horse Range
  • Black Beauty
  • Guns and Cactii