ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

i'm all for alt rock-lana! gimme those emotive power vocals & sexy, wailing guitars. i love when she belts it out. something dramatic and grungy, less restrained. i love angry lana.

Β 

i also am dying for more upbeat piano-pop lana, a la "breaking my heart." anything upbeat at this point would be a relief.Β 

Β 

or...something with eclectic, descriptive lyrics and lush atmospheres. it doesn't have to be autobiographical. lana has a fantastic imagination & i want to hear all about her daydreams and visions. less romance.Β 

Β 

hell, give me anything like "wayamaya" & i'd die--something surf rock inspired. "is it wrong?" could also go under this.

Β 

the amazing thing about lana, the reason we're even having this discussion, is that she could do any of what we have suggested if she wants to. i'm excited for what's to come because we really have no idea.

Β  let me be who i'm meant to be

Something moody and dark, but maybe this time around she can incorporate folk, or like, "sad girl country" if that makes sense. Binging out her inner lil ol' cowgirl. Think the beginning of Wait for Life where it sounds like the introduction to a western flic or something.

VyIsfwC.jpg

It would be cool toΒ hear something that sounds like Freak and/or Salvatore and I would be pleased toΒ hear something like Ultraviolence (that old rock, 70's style).

She could do some references to the beatΒ generation too, actually i'm reading On The Road and i'm loving it. IΒ have plans on readin Owl fromΒ Ginsberg and other Kerouac books. After readin OTR (it's the first beat book i'm ever reading) I will watch the film.

original.gif

I'd like to hear something with more ambient, minimalistic instrumentalisation and more ambigiousΒ lyricism.Β I feel like with her last two albums Lana is finallyΒ slowly that notΒ every songΒ has to have an epicΒ narrative or sound larger than life to be good, and that they actually often convey more meaning and emotion this way. I'm thinking of songs like Bentley or Pin Up Galore that have an eerie undertone which is only hinted at. Or the mood created by Burnt Norton.

As pop as possible. Catchy choruses, well-written bridges and properly pronounced verses. She should also work with Emile again.

Β 

This whole "I want to be appreciated as a writer and an artist" thing ain't working for her, see Grammys or this years End year's lists. Commercial Lana slays anyway and why we all fell in love with her.

Β 

She should get rid of Rick Nowels.

Β 

ETA: Oh and yeah, she should stop trying to be jazzy. Dear Lana, singing a bunch of aaaah's and ooooh's, just because you're running out of ideas for proper lyrics in a song, doesn't make you a jazz singer.

Something between Born To Die and Ultraviolence, so something that combines trip hop beats and baroque strings with 70' rock guitar riffs.

Β 

The examples of @@longtimeman are perfect, and I totally agree with him. I try to look for some examples, but artists like Dido or Nina Persson (The Cardigans) are already excellent.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

:defeated:

Whatever Born To Die was.

Just give us 20 songs instead of 15 this time, 25 on the deluxe. Deliver Queen! :cumming: :cumming: :cumming: :cumming: :cumming: :cumming:

I hope you are joking. Since she will not wait for 3 years to release, how big are the chances of getting 20 well written songs? No artist can do that within a year. Some of you should really stick to artists who don't write their own shit.

Β 

12 tracks and that's it. All killer, no filler. We have enough fillers on HM.

We have enough fillers on HM.

Β 

Β 

excited-baby.gif

Β 

Β 

I couldn't say what direction I want for her next album. On one hand, yes I love BTD and UV and a lot of HM but I wouldn't want her to recycle herself...

Β 

However, I would love to see a more "cheerful" Lana. I'm sorry I bring that song every time, but "Queen of Disaster" is a pure gem !Β 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I just want a more instrumental direction, honeymoon it felt like her voice was too over powering on the instrumentals, I love the dramatically over produced instrumentals with really great strings, the strings on honeymoon were so quietΒ 

I feel she should go full on Rock ala Yayo (Rock Version) & Heart Shaped Box (Oslo performance ) for her next album ( Also she could make some real Eargasmic Rock Magique with Alex Turner, she needs to have him on LDR5 ) but before that I would love it if she releases a Deluxe edition of Honeymoon (8 new tracks) to properly conclude this era cause I feel the story is somewhat unfinished. In that Deluxe edition she can further explore the sound she created in Art Deco cause that song has really grown on me. At first I didn't really feel that song but over time I have become super addicted to it. Also I want Santana to collab with Lana and annihilate us all with that Spanish Guitar for this HM Deluxe Dark Blue edition AKA LDR4.5 or even LDR5 !!! Any which way I need Alex Turner and Santana to collab with Lana cuz they are Magical Musicians and a perfect fit for Lana.