ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

Lowkey wish she would get out of LA and back into NYC.. Or somewhere else to get inspiration for her next sound.. i just wish for some good bass, nice beats, great production, different sounds, AND I really hope she uses her different voices (Baby doll voice, Agressive rock voice, soothing Black beautiy voice) Idk i just want her to put a lot of work into this one.. and maybe more time 

Cello and strings and more strings

Harry Chapin almost always had a cello in his live band

and perhaps other Beach Boy Beatle instrumentation

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I would love to see her work with someone new and create an album with a new sound (or at least a sound that doesn't sound like it's from the BTD/Paradise era).

:flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

I really hope her working with a lot of different producers and writers materializes. Her albums are fantastic in the sense that they have consistent production and concept. Although we get a new 'sound' each album, the next needs more variety.

Although I loved HM and UV.... they are sleepers. Put that track on for more than just fans and they will take a long nap. BTD had variation and even Uv was a bit fun. HM tho...... not so much. Maybe instead of Hip Hop Beats that she gave us in BTD(even tho its ma fav) she can try a full pop route? A no. I'm not talking Lady Gaga Kesha route. But a more of just idk unreleased songs by her? Pop. Like Queen of Disaster, Dum Dum, Damn You. Those.

Soft LA rock suits her so well where she is  in her life right now, like a Fleetwood Mac kinda sound.

If she ever went back to a more r'n'b/hiphoppish direction again I would love to hear her work with Illangelo and Doc McKinney - the producers behind The Weeknds first three mixtapes - I would especially love to hear her over the sound of the Thursday mixtae even though I can't tell if it would be too depressing

Or maybe something more tropical and flowery with a 60's exotic, luxurious orchestration kinda like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c264mMFc8XI&list=PLFHKGIfpfWxd0vniVSXUBqM17F9zV9ZVF&index=6

I could see her going in so many directions now, and she could probably pull it all of.

thissssss is everything she needs to be doing. i'd like lana a bit jazzier, but same soundscapes and orchestral feel, with complex lyrics that are surreal and passionate.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I think it'd be interesting if she did something with Arca, maybe like Vulnicura in the sense of orchestration + beats, but not a heartbreak album. I've literally never heard anything by Arca that was poorly done, I think he could do well with Lana.

Totally agree with you. I don't want her to be in a FULL Pop cheesy music trip. I need her to keep being unique, I don't want songs like Queen Of Disaster, Dum Dum, Damn You or anything close to that. That sound is so wasted. I know Lana loves vintage sounds but I doubt so much she will return to that 90s cheesy sound we can hear on some of her demos. Definitely something with Arca, Jamie XX or Mark Ronson. Vintage Pop like maybe 'Uptown Funk' or Electronic Alternative songs like The XX 'Angels', 'Islands' or FKA Twigs 'Good To Love', 'Weak Spot', 'Papi Pacify' or any song produced by Arca.

ultraviolins ultraviolins and lana singing like a siren with ultraviolins

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I want my Lana / Lykke Li collaboration produced by David Lynch

With Julee Cruise singing backup

I want her to take a more laid back approach. Not Ultraviolence laid back where it is depressing as fuck, like a Boarding School, AKA, Wayamaya style laid back beach vibez 

A beachy album would make my entire life tbh. I'd love for something that's lyrically a bit more like AKA and musically like Ultraviolence meets the tropics meets Motel 6. Just something that's super uniquely Lana and will both invigorate and depress me at the same time.