Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Okay, so I've listened to the album through 15 times now and good golly goddamn is this an amazing album! Very cohesive and nothing seems like a "filler" song or anything that reads "skippable." It's an easily accessible album that still holds that unique Dua edge. It’s both retro and modern sounding.. I suppose that's in the title though - Future Nostalgia, duh!

I would say the only thing missing from this album is a more stripped back/ballad song. Even though Dua is known for her signature upbeat girl-power anthems, she does ballads so well. 'Homesick' from DL1 is such a highlight from me. Even other songs that are still more upbeat but have that laid back quality such as "Garden" or "Thinking 'Bout You" are other top favourites of mine. Other than that, this is a very very very solid album.

Also, just on a personal note, I wish this album was released during a different time of my life. I relate to absolutely none of these songs at all at the moment lol. Like, none. #singleandheartbrokenlyfe! But who knows, maybe once I'm out of this rut I'll be ready to live out this album word for word lol.

Here's my track ranking as of right now. It was super hard to do this. I'm confident about my top 5, the rest I just did my best to rank among each other. It was difficult to rank as, again, there wasn't any particular song I really dislike. Truly the only ones I wouldn’t miss if they weren't on the album are the final two in my ranking (which I wouldn’t mind sacrificing in exchange for Ball and Chain & 25/8), but again, they're all still great songs.

Based on what I've been seeing from other fans, it seems like my rank past my top 3 is a little unpopular? But this is it as of now, I'm sure they'll shuffle around in the coming weeks as I listen to the album more.

1. Love Again

2. Hallucinate

3. Levitating

4. Break My Heart

5. Good in Bed

6. Boys Will Be Boys

7. Don’t Start Now

8. Future Nostalgia

9. Physical

10. Cool

11. Pretty Please

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

the only true ranking of this album is

break my heart > cool > physical > dont start now > pretty please > love again > future nostalgia > levitating > hallucinate > good in bed > boys will be boys

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

the way she's serving serving and serving some more. I was legitimately a dua lipa hater until like 4 months ago because the singles were just too good, and then the album is even better. I honestly love her now

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I like the album, and i think it plays up dua's strengths, but I'm just mad that it didn't have a strong ending like the strong beginning it had with the title track. good in bed and bwbb don't suit the album AT ALL, and it threw off the whole vibe of the album. why you gonna end a fun and sexy record like this with a song like bwbb? it would probably make sense more if it was a nu-disco song like the rest on this album, actually i love that idea a lot more, but no....alongside good in bed, bwbb sounds like it was added on completely last minute. should've probably ended the album with it aint me.