Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

what are you talking about?

I posted a Dbree link to forgiveness/smoke and mirrors leak by supervillian but the audio file ended up being a Carly Rae Jepsen track that supervillian leaked today lmao

8nl2OpX.png

Wait just remembered that Smoke And Mirrors is Runnin Out, I'm not sure where the name of a track called Forgiveness came from, I don't remember a snippet leaking.

I'm so out of touch with DL1 leaks.

8nl2OpX.png

This is way more controversial than anything Lana has ever done (Dua overshadowing her once again as always), poor Ben and Ed they can't have a rest 

8nl2OpX.png

I'm really confused. I don't know anything about eastern european affairs... can someone explain what her post means? 

edit: i'm reading tweets and people are calling her a nazi help  :creep:

Basically it's a nationalist train of thought that Albania should have parts of the countries around it since Albanians also live there 

BzhmW.png

i mean ex-yugoslavia is messy regardless of what she says and almost everyone from there is gonna have a controversial take on it or two.. to some the mere existence of a country/state and their name is controversial alone let alone their borders

i76mrxw.png 

This IG post from Dua is a reference about Albania. So Dua’s parents are from Kosovo. The majority of the population of Kosovo are Albanians. Kosovo borders Albania.

Ethnically speaking Kosovo is Albanian and in terms of religion most of the population is Muslim.

Kosovo used to be part of Serbia until 2008. Not every country recognizes Kosovo as a sovereign state. Dua was mentioning this in an earlier post complaining that Apple doesn’t recognize Kosovo on their maps.

Before Serbia became independent, it was part of Yugoslavia which was a communist state. Today all those countries are independent. However Albania was never part of Yugoslavia.

I’m not sure what Dua is trying to say, but some could say it’s nationalistic. I don’t know if that’s her intention. The geopolitics is that region is messy. My guess is she is probably pushing back against Serbia’s claim on Kosovo. Serbia claims that Kosovo is a breakaway region that is supposed to be part of Serbia. However that claim is nationalistic too.

This IG post from Dua is a reference about Albania. So Dua’s parents are from Kosovo. The majority of the population of Kosovo are Albanians. Kosovo borders Albania.

Ethnically speaking Kosovo is Albanian and in terms of religion most of the population is Muslim.

Kosovo used to be part of Serbia until 2008. Not every country recognizes Kosovo as a sovereign state. Dua was mentioning this in an earlier post complaining that Apple doesn’t recognize Kosovo on their maps.

Before Serbia became independent, it was part of Yugoslavia which was a communist state. Today all those countries are independent. However Albania was never part of Yugoslavia.

I’m not sure what Dua is trying to say, but some could say it’s nationalistic. I don’t know if that’s her intention. The geopolitics is that region is messy. My guess is she is probably pushing back against Serbia’s claim on Kosovo. Serbia claims that Kosovo is a breakaway region that is supposed to be part of Serbia. However that claim is nationalistic too.

Serbia becoming independent from Yugoslavia is like England becoming independent from the United Kingdom

also Albania x Kosovo is an issue that also resulted from neither of them being independent pre Yugoslavia but being part of the Ottoman Empire but in the end Albania didn’t join Yugoslavia while Serbia (and Montenegro i think?) “secured” Kosovo which was part of it in the middle ages. Setting and shifting borders is always an incredible messy and complex undertaking and usually results in another conflict.

i76mrxw.png 

Serbia becoming independent from Yugoslavia is like England becoming independent from the United Kingdom

Scotland had an independence referendum back in 2014 but voted to remain in the UK. Now Scotland wants another IndyRef because of Brexit. Scotland voted to stay in the EU.

Scotland had an independence referendum back in 2014 but voted to remain in the UK. Now Scotland wants another IndyRef because of Brexit. Scotland voted to stay in the EU.

how is this relevant especially considering neither Serbia nor Kosovo have any chance of joining the EU anytme soon

i76mrxw.png