Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

I think you'll only find yourself disappointed to keep holding expectations on pop stars to publicly comment on things like this. She's a public figure and things of this nature will only be used to damage her career instead of creating a genuine discussion. Whether her silence makes her compliant or a bad person is up to you but that's just the tradeoff she has to make as a celebrity unfortunately :(

And I think trying to get an answer from someone who's job relies on trying to reach as many people as possible makes it a bit of a lost cause.

yeah i know, like, i don't expect her to talk about this issue (even though she has pubilcly declared her ideology) it was aimed more towards all the people on this site because everyone on forums and stan twitter seem to silence this problem but they love to talk about the racist pasts of other pop stars and stuff and i'm always like ????????

giphy.gif

i think it's kind of silly to call Dua a Nazi apologist just because she supports Kosovo and her Albanian pride. I mean, Lana supported (supports? idk anymore) America, and the American dream, but I don't see anyone calling her a slavery-apologist, or a racism apologist

negAbhB.png

as much as I love Dua and as much as I don't want to start a war here I feel like we need to talk about why everyone keeps being quiet on Dua being a nazi apologist and defending kosovo's independence, I mean, I want to know what are your thoughts on the issue, also I won't stop listening to her like I love her voice and her music but I think that this is a important thing that needs to be discussed. Love y'all

Because no one is even taught that in history in her major markets. I just read up about it for the last hour.

Expecting anyone to know about this enough to have an actual discussion about it is an extremely tall order

BzhmW.png

yeah i know, like, i don't expect her to talk about this issue (even though she has pubilcly declared her ideology) it was aimed more towards all the people on this site because everyone on forums and stan twitter seem to silence this problem but they love to talk about the racist pasts of other pop stars and stuff and i'm always like ????????

Well no one is talking about Dua being a "Nazi apologist" because literally, no one knows this is even a conversation that exists (literally found out from you)

like @@drewby said.. most people don't know Kosovo even exists. Like the Western market is so inept in geography and history.

I took a college class named "Politics of the European Union " back in Fall '17 [i attend the University of Central Florida] and even we didn't touch the topic you're talking of. We only focused on WW1 / WW2. no civil wars or ethnic cleansings that occurred on the East side of the continent. 

Also, it is weird for her to be a "nazi" yet support Jewish Bernie Sanders  :gasp:

i am sooo obsessed with FN, since she teased dont start now i knew she was gonna serve but i am disappointed she never released if it aint me ft normani, that song is pop perfection and totally has potential to be a hit 

The way I'm still obsessed with Break My Heart...THE queen of pop 2020

I would've

stayed

at

home

cuzIwasdoingbetteralone

But when you 

said

hell-o

Iknewthatwastheendofitall

01ef17d368543ce377ae6ce82489ee34.gif

the way I was hardcore jamming out to this song in my car on the highway earlier today

negAbhB.png

I found this Running (Demo) on Pophatesflops, I'm not sure if it's real but I thought I'd share it anyway the strings in the bridge and last chorus are cute 

hmm

I have the demo for Running that leaks years ago (yes there is a slight difference between the demo and the released version)

however for this, it kind of sounds fake (and not very well mixed)

negAbhB.png

Well no one is talking about Dua being a "Nazi apologist" because literally, no one knows this is even a conversation that exists (literally found out from you)

like drewby said.. most people don't know Kosovo even exists. Like the Western market is so inept in geography and history.
I took a college class named "Politics of the European Union " back in Fall '17 [i attend the University of Central Florida] and even we didn't touch the topic you're talking of. We only focused on WW1 / WW2. no civil wars or ethnic cleansings that occurred on the East side of the continent. 

Also, it is weird for her to be a "nazi" yet support Jewish Bernie Sanders  :gasp:

okay but this post kind of proves that americans are inept in geography and history considering that neither serbia, albania or kosovo are anyway near any EU-institution so idk why anyone would expect them to be discussed in a lecture about politics of the european union :gasp:

jk i'm kidding but i mean.. did i lie 

on another note i had some lectures on former Yugoslavia and south-eastern europe in my voluntary courses in slavistics i guess most people who don't know any people from that area (and there's a lot of them over here and most of them get along in some sort of ~balkan unity) don't know much about the area except that it was very war-torn in the past decades but don't really know any reasons for why those things happened.
and honestly i am not even sure if dua herself knows anything about it, her being proud of being from kosovo is mostly due to her being happy that the area her parents had to flee and leave behind is finally "free" in a sense that the war is over. the fact that there's barely any material on it in the first place kinda just adds to why most people have no idea about any of this.

i76mrxw.png