Dua Lipa

The Original Ultraviolence.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, lanaismamom said:

can i please revive this for a minute because its the biggest mystery and im dying to know what tracklist OG ultraviolence had with this lanas quote i never really paid attention on “I went to Electric Lady Studios down in the East Village for a while,” she explains. “My friend runs it now, so he let me have the whole place to myself for five weeks. I produced everything myself with my guitar player and then we hired a session drummer. We had made this kind of classic rock-inspired record – 11 tracks. So, I thought I was done.” This is how Lana explains Ultraviolence was right before she met Dan Auerbach, and this is the list of songs supposedly meant for this original ultraviolence only based on songs we know of, as there are probably more unknown songs made with him during UV:

1. Sad Girl (Rick Nowels Version)
2. Shades of Cool (Rick Nowels Version)
3. Your Girl (Rick Nowels Version)
4. Fine China (Rick Nowels Version)
5. Yes to Heaven (Rick Nowels Version)
6. Is This Happiness (released version)
7. I Can Fly (2013 Version)
8. Pretty When You Cry (released version)
9. Brooklyn Baby (Unknown Version)
10. Black Beauty (Unknown Version)
11. Guns and Roses (Unknown Version, supposedly the released one)
12. Pink Champagne
13. Old Money (released version)
14. Money Power Glory (released version)
15. West Coast (Radio Mix)
16. Ultraviolence (Demo)
17. Hollywood (BOZ said the song was in consideration after scrapping tropico)
18. Ave Maria (BOZ said the song was in consideration after scrapping tropico)
19. Angels Forever, Forever Angels (final version)
20. I Talk to Jesus (unknown version) - ?
21. Flipside - ?

the fact we have none of leaked songs off his fall sessions:noparty:

This list is missing the Paul Epworth Version of Driving in Cars with Boys.

Anyway, I think this whole timeline is too confusing and patchy as of now to actually gather any useful information from it.

47 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

This list is missing the Paul Epworth Version of Driving in Cars with Boys.

Anyway, I think this whole timeline is too confusing and patchy as of now to actually gather any useful information from it.

driving in cars with boys already was made during dan auerbach version of uv at february 21 2014, and yeah we have almost nothing for the timeline of rick nowels version of uv so I hope we will get to know a little more as this topic will being brought to discussion

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

22 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

driving in cars with boys already was made during dan auerbach version of uv at february 21 2014, and yeah we have almost nothing for the timeline of rick nowels version of uv so I hope we will get to know a little more as this topic will being brought to discussion

It took 9 nines years for any actually new info to come out. You’re probably in for a long wait… 😂😂

I had no clue this thread existed. A couple questions that I can prob answer for myself if I just read, but I’m too lazy atm: what are we considering “OG Ultraviolence?” Is this the album that she made AFTER Tropico? Also, since UV’s demo is “Melancholia,” do we know if the album was ever titled that as well?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

12 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

I had no clue this thread existed. A couple questions that I can prob answer for myself if I just read, but I’m too lazy atm: what are we considering “OG Ultraviolence?” Is this the album that she made AFTER Tropico? Also, since UV’s demo is “Melancholia,” do we know if the album was ever titled that as well?

Yes and yes

On 4/22/2017 at 2:04 PM, Yosemite said:

OMG yes this is it!

I remember watching it on a japanese site when it leaked. Thank you a lot!!  :kiss:

do you still have it? im desperate for the linkk

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

On 2/2/2016 at 11:17 PM, Dua Lipa said:

MUSIC VIDEOS THAT WE HAVE OF THE ERA (Ones that weren't posted on Vevo)

Alternate West Coast 

you should change the wc alt mv link since the one in the quote is fanmade, i found the og leaked version: https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_n55x6iwaHA1sag8mg_r1.mp4

gifs from the vid:

tumblr_n56g2n9FUM1s6ckoho1_500.gifv

On 4/19/2017 at 10:22 AM, SuperMegaStan said:

the major difference starts at 3:04

including:

-she looks more stoned in the leaked version

-the car scene is more dreamy (the lighting + effect)

-this shot:

9OuVxmH.png

-the fire is brighter + more "extra" which makes it more unreal

-the fire starts earlier in one scene which overlaps her car scene

4IuDEWW.png

Edited by Shades of Blues
+ Info and resuming

On 8/11/2023 at 3:06 AM, ivory almond said:

this thread is about ultraviolence that took shape after scraping tropics idea, from summer 2013 to december 2013 when it was done with rick bowels as a main producer, we know nothing of track list just some songs produced by him in october-november 2013 sessions, we probably know that this album was also had 11 tracks

and no melancholia was never an album title of ultraviolence

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 2/3/2016 at 3:16 PM, Macintosh Manhattan said:

If my memory is correct I'm pretty sure WC video leaked a day or two before it was realeased on youtube and it was edited differently. The beginning with the Palm trees was longer and the title West Coast appeared in the video at the beginning too.

Hopefully some other members can confirm it aswell...

yes, the mv leaked one day before it came out officialy on youtube. the palm trees do are longer along with a shoot of the sea, but, the title wasnt on the mv, only on the teaser lana shared on her instagram (@lanadelrey) on may 1, 2014 (the teaser if ur interested on seeing: https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qzyi20vu081yvb1c5_720.mp4 )

gifs from the teaser:

tumblr_n4wi9dfzmM1rocot0o1_500.gifv

tumblr_n4wjx64vGp1rq171wo1_640.gifv

bye not me responding 7 years later

Edited by Shades of Blues
+ info

On 8/15/2023 at 12:22 PM, Brooklyn Fetus said:

In case you need me to re-up any of the links (the mv or the teaser tag me and i will re-up the vids)

I'd love a reup if it's different than the tumblr link posted above :D

On 8/7/2023 at 2:39 PM, lanaismamom said:

Still thinking about this, I wonder if there maybe is (very very unlikely though) Dan Auerbach version or even Rick Nowels version of Driving In Cars because the reason she worked with Paul Epworth during UV era was that the label wanted him to "Adele-ize" the songs to make them more accessible for radios, charts and general public. I mean, that's what happened with Black Beauty.

url%5D